Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tyneside fox

Svens outcasts poised to leave

You mistake underwhelmed ness for bitterness - not bitter at all, some seasons have given us anticipation (like last year) that hasn't worked out and some have looked like they are going to be dog shit - I don't lie awake at night fretting over it you know - glad Babylon was impressed with the old Prem side that recorded the lowest wins in Div 1 ever to that point. It makes you wonder why we needed players like Claridge Savage, Izzet, Lennon, Elliot at all doesn't it? Lucky old Martin, he fell on his feet, poor old Nige, he's had it all to do

Players the quality of Izzett, Lennon and Elliot they may not have been. But they got to the top division, and then sat 3rd in the league playing good football when O'Neil took over. So your comment of them struggling in this league and being some of the worst players in our history is simply wrong, and not even an arguing point.

Was I impressed with them? Well I'm a damn site more impressed with them than I have been of the team your dear old Sven put together.

I didn't say you were. :unsure:

We all know what he is.

Pretty sure I read somewhere that if the season started in January we would have secured a play off spot at the end of the season, surely that shows something from Pearson's influence. If's and but's don't count I'm well aware but that (providing I read I'm correct) are positive signs!

Pretty sure I read somewhere that if the season started in January we would have secured a play off spot at the end of the season, surely that shows something from Pearson's influence. If's and but's don't count I'm well aware but that (providing I read I'm correct) are positive signs!

That's true if you go to statto web page you can see.

Think we came 6th just and a bit behind 5th but still that shows improvement for me and ta a good stat.

Players the quality of Izzett, Lennon and Elliot they may not have been. But they got to the top division, and then sat 3rd in the league playing good football when O'Neil took over. So your comment of them struggling in this league and being some of the worst players in our history is simply wrong, and not even an arguing point.

Was I impressed with them? Well I'm a damn site more impressed with them than I have been of the team your dear old Sven put together.

We all know what he is.

my dear old Sven's team will form the backbone of dear old Niges team Babs old mate - you seem to have formed all your opinions on the back of one signing, Mills, ignoringg the fact that our only quality midfielder, keeper, strikers and best defender were signed by dear old Sven. Nige is 'complimenting' this team with a few no names because he cannot attract any better IMO

Nasty as usual when we dont agree with you

my dear old Sven's team will form the backbone of dear old Niges team Babs old mate - you seem to have formed all your opinions on the back of one signing, Mills, ignoringg the fact that our only quality midfielder, keeper, strikers and best defender were signed by dear old Sven. Nige is 'complimenting' this team with a few no names because he cannot attract any better IMO

Well I should imagine having spent substantially over £20m since his arrival we would have a team with a few half decent players in.

The problem is for every Nugent there have been two Pansils and Mills. Or Johnsons and Kirklands. Or Bruma and Van aanholt. Or Kamara and Ricardo.

Vast sums of money spent on players who except for Kasper, Nugent and Konchesky have been poor or still have question marks hanging over them. A few expensive loans have been an individual success, but overall a failure and we achieved nothing and they went back to their clubs leaving us with nothing.

Not forgetting the very long and expensive contracts handed out to players already here who you don't actually like.

Oh and congrats on the body swerve regarding your first incorrect point.

So you say this is a Nigel love in and then

your refer to Sven as "my dear old Sven"..............ok :/

So you say this is a Nigel love in and then

your refer to Sven as "my dear old Sven"..............ok :/

Well in defence he was replying to my post which referred to him as that.

But yes, his one rule for one, one rule for the other in defence of is somewhat laughable when he called others Pearson lovers.

He's a Pearson hater, that's clear. How many Pearson lovers there are I don't know. He's stated Pearson will fail, whilst most people have only stated they wish him to be given a proper chance. Wouldn't call that Pearson loving.

Well in defence he was replying to my post which referred to him as that.

But yes, his one rule for one, one rule for the other in defence of is somewhat laughable when he called others Pearson lovers.

He's a Pearson hater, that's clear. How many Pearson lovers there are I don't know. He's stated Pearson will fail, whilst most people have only stated they wish him to be given a proper chance. Wouldn't call that Pearson loving.

Exactly, just seems black or white to him. Love to see what he says about NP if we get promoted

Oh yeah I'm not suggesting we are good enough yet but would make me laugh to see the haters crawl out of the woodwork as usual

This could be a very interesting season....... :thumbup:

NFP achieved a lot (in the Championship) with some very average players first time around, but he had the advantage of a successful season behind him and players that 'bought into' his ethic.

Last season was very different, the squad had little in the way of cohesion or work ethic when he took over, just look at the results for the first couple of months he was here.

In the new year NFP stabilised the team with some iron discipline and simple straightforward tactics. If the stats are to be believed these tactics were reasonably successful but to my mind we were nowhere near good enough to make a real push for promotion.

This season, in addition to developing his 'usual' team and work ethic I think we need to move forward tactically and develop enough of a passing game to hang onto the ball and attack with pace and purpose when the situation allows.

Now I have my own views how that might be achieved but I don't really care how it is done or what players or what formation is used, I just want to see us play some positive football that gives us a decent chance of a run at promotion.

This could be a very interesting season....... :thumbup:

NFP achieved a lot (in the Championship) with some very average players first time around, but he had the advantage of a successful season behind him and players that 'bought into' his ethic.

Last season was very different, the squad had little in the way of cohesion or work ethic when he took over, just look at the results for the first couple of months he was here.

In the new year NFP stabilised the team with some iron discipline and simple straightforward tactics. If the stats are to be believed these tactics were reasonably successful but to my mind we were nowhere near good enough to make a real push for promotion.

This season, in addition to developing his 'usual' team and work ethic I think we need to move forward tactically and develop enough of a passing game to hang onto the ball and attack with pace and purpose when the situation allows.

Now I have my own views how that might be achieved but I don't really care how it is done or what players or what formation is used, I just want to see us play some positive football that gives us a decent chance of a run at promotion.

Nice to have a balanced post! :)

Archived