Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tyneside fox

Svens outcasts poised to leave

Wanting lLeicester City to show some ambition so they can be a great team = not a Leicester fan

Wanting Leicester City to be more like Hull and have no name reject players and lots of old deadwood = Leicester City fan

Probably not anymore then

That team full of no name rejects with lots of old deadwood still finished above us last spending a far less amount of money on transfer fees and wages.

Wouldn't you say the signings we made last summer and the money we were spending was showing ambition? That worked....

Wanting Leicester City to be more like Hull and have no name reject players and lots of old deadwood = Leicester City fan

:frusty::yawn:

It really does get worse. We all know you dislike Nigel Pearson, we get it, but I thought you are supposed to support the players and the manager? It just gets boring seeing the same old post's by the same user's just critisizing Pearson constantly.

If we look back at his job at Leicester, it's fantastic. The highest win % of any Leicester manager ever. To walk into a relegated side and turn the club around is a fantastic achievement - how many other big clubs have we seen not be able to get out of League One at the first attempt; Nottingham Forest, Leeds and Southampton all for example - and then he guided the club to 5th place in the play offs with little, if not any, money. I wonder if you were critisizing him when he was first here, and we were one penalty kick away from Wembley?

I don't get the "no name reject players" either. Are you referring too young and hungry players who drop down division to turn their career around? Do you realise players like Anthony Pilkington were released at a higher level, drop down and come back again? In fact, look when Martin O'Neill was manager. I recall him signing players like Muzzy Izzet, Robbie Savage and Neil Lennon; all "no name" players once released by bigger clubs in the Premier League. Pearson has a big job to turn the finances around as well, and shift players earning lots of £££. I'd soon rather take a "no name" hungry player, such as Ben Marshall, instead of a big-named player on high wages, such as Matt Mills, who never produced for the club.

I think all of Foxestalk understand you don't like Pearson. I didn't really like Sven, but I supported him because he managed.I will support Pearson all the way, I do believe he can get us into the play offs again, and it's certain comments from user's like you, that hope's Nigel Pearson does deliver promotion for the club, because to be honest, I'm fed up of little comments "Pearson is this, Pearson is that", "it wasn't Mills fault", "Sven is king" despite us not even playing a match this season.

Wanting lLeicester City to show some ambition so they can be a great team = not a Leicester fan

Is that really how you see it?

A lot of the people you disagree with just want to see the team do well, and couldn't give a shit how many big names we have or how much money we spend.

It sounds like you just want to see the club spend as much money as possible on the biggest names we can attract, no matter how badly the team perform. The club doesn't have infinite funds, we're already in a lot of debt to the owners, and to top it off, we've just seen what happens when you try to build a squad like this. It was a disaster.

We've also seen time and time again that the best clubs in this division excel by building strong well-balanced squads, while spending very little, and with no big names involved.

I only want to see the team win matches and challenge for promotion. I couldn't care less whether the manager is famous around the world, or how many players we have who have played in the Premier League or played for their country.

How difficult is it to grasp? Having famous players and a famous manager do not guarantee success. Building a tight-knit squad with the right attitude has proved to be successful, and it doesn't have to cost a fortune.

Agree with Raw Dykes for once - but you gotta have the right manager to do it. Look, we understand the rug was pulled on the grand design because we weren't top of the league a quarter of the way through (4 points off is not good enough) but this is a mend and make do side coming together apart from the big money signings and is as big an overreaction as spending millions in the first place.

I have a major issue with the 'spunked £20m) brigade as well - Schmeichel, Danns, Konchesky, Nugent, St Ledger, and even dare I say it Beckford, will all feature for us next year and are part of those spunked millions - my bet says that the majority of those will be the stand out names next season - lose those guys from the side and we would be beyond average, arguable (and I know you love em all) but the side was generally let down last year by Gally, Wellens, Dyer, King as well as a couple of the 'big money' signings. In fact, only one of those 'big money' guys really let us down and this is the justification for reverting to buying untried Drinkwater type players who don't really cut it (and before you leap up and down, revisit the board to see the comments on Drinky at the end of the season)

Being told by a 16 year old that I don't support Leicester when I have more games under my belt in the past 40 years than you could have physically been to is laughable as well so you can F*** right off there - wanting a decent board with football knowledge, an ambitious manager that can attract quality players to our club and moving away from shitty knee jerk reactions that cost us whole seasons is not a lot to ask - buy into the hype if you like but we lost a whole year last year to shit decisions and with the current ability to attract quality players (and I DO know what the word means) at an all time low, we have little or no chance of achieving a top 2 finish - this is not delusions of grandeur but like Leeds or West Ham or Wolves we are a Premier League club (by size of city and support) that has been let down by bad decisions from the top ranging back to the Shipman years - don't presume that I want Nige to fail - I want more than anything to be proud of my team again but I am uninspired by his record at Hull and his return to us and fear the worst for us - and having been there for McClintock, Hamilton and Taylor, I know what a shit season really is..........

We are signing average overpriced players and if the few quality players we have want out, we will be screwed - supporting Leicester City does not mean buying into every line of bullshit fed to us by the board's PA machine

Agree with Raw Dykes for once - but you gotta have the right manager to do it. Look, we understand the rug was pulled on the grand design because we weren't top of the league a quarter of the way through (4 points off is not good enough) but this is a mend and make do side coming together apart from the big money signings and is as big an overreaction as spending millions in the first place.

I have a major issue with the 'spunked £20m) brigade as well - Schmeichel, Danns, Konchesky, Nugent, St Ledger, and even dare I say it Beckford, will all feature for us next year and are part of those spunked millions - my bet says that the majority of those will be the stand out names next season - lose those guys from the side and we would be beyond average, arguable (and I know you love em all) but the side was generally let down last year by Gally, Wellens, Dyer, King as well as a couple of the 'big money' signings. In fact, only one of those 'big money' guys really let us down and this is the justification for reverting to buying untried Drinkwater type players who don't really cut it (and before you leap up and down, revisit the board to see the comments on Drinky at the end of the season)

Being told by a 16 year old that I don't support Leicester when I have more games under my belt in the past 40 years than you could have physically been to is laughable as well so you can F*** right off there - wanting a decent board with football knowledge, an ambitious manager that can attract quality players to our club and moving away from shitty knee jerk reactions that cost us whole seasons is not a lot to ask - buy into the hype if you like but we lost a whole year last year to shit decisions and with the current ability to attract quality players (and I DO know what the word means) at an all time low, we have little or no chance of achieving a top 2 finish - this is not delusions of grandeur but like Leeds or West Ham or Wolves we are a Premier League club (by size of city and support) that has been let down by bad decisions from the top ranging back to the Shipman years - don't presume that I want Nige to fail - I want more than anything to be proud of my team again but I am uninspired by his record at Hull and his return to us and fear the worst for us - and having been there for McClintock, Hamilton and Taylor, I know what a shit season really is..........

We are signing average overpriced players and if the few quality players we have want out, we will be screwed - supporting Leicester City does not mean buying into every line of bullshit fed to us by the board's PA machine

I don't see why you are unimpressed by his record at Hull, when almost all the Hull fans were impressed with the work he did, getting a side that were financially in a poor position and turning their fortunes around to the point where they looked good for a play-off spot. (Higher than Sven, who you seem to be sure would have got us into the play-offs, and considerig the money they spent that's quite an achievment). And how his first spell at Leicester didn't impress you, or doesn't make you look forward to his second spell in charge I just don't know. Now we have Nigel Pearson and the money to be able to bring in the quality players he and his backroom staff have got us on loan previously (Do you not want players like Cleverly, Davies, Spearing signing now we have the money to complete deals like that?). Whilst I would not question wether or not you are a fan, I would question how much you know about football, or just whether you have an alternative motive for your opinions, because I just can't begin to understand how any Leicester fan can want our best manager since MON to be sacked, unless (this is my guess with you, assuming you aren't a troll) you honestly are deluded enough to still believe we are by rights a Premier League Club who should be attracting managers of MON's quality, we simply aren't. Getting in managers like Sven who are looking for a quick buck for another year or two before their next experiment is not a long term solution, bringing in relativley young managers like Nigel who have a record of exceeding expectations is the best chance we have of getting back into the Premier League and becoming the club we both want to be watching every week.

:frusty::yawn:

It really does get worse. We all know you dislike Nigel Pearson, we get it, but I thought you are supposed to support the players and the manager? It just gets boring seeing the same old post's by the same user's just critisizing Pearson constantly.

If we look back at his job at Leicester, it's fantastic.

No it isn't. Has he taken us back to the top flight? Sorry I must have missed that season.

The highest win % of any Leicester manager ever.

That statistic is completely meaningless. I'd even trust Peter Taylor to get results against the likes of Hereford, Yeovil, Cheltenham and Stockport. Take the League 1 season out of the equation and his win percentage is a good deal less impressive.

To walk into a relegated side and turn the club around is a fantastic achievement - how many other big clubs have we seen not be able to get out of League One at the first attempt; Nottingham Forest, Leeds and Southampton all for example - and then he guided the club to 5th place in the play offs with little, if not any, money. I wonder if you were critisizing him when he was first here, and we were one penalty kick away from Wembley?

Actually, it was two. And which manager won the playoffs that season with even LESS money (with a striker Pearson lent to him)?

Pearson has a big job to turn the finances around as well, and shift players earning lots of £££. I'd soon rather take a "no name" hungry player, such as Ben Marshall, instead of a big-named player on high wages, such as Matt Mills, who never produced for the club.

Would this be the same Matt Mills who had the best winning record of any City captain last season?

I think all of Foxestalk understand you don't like Pearson. I didn't really like Sven, but I supported him because he managed.I will support Pearson all the way, I do believe he can get us into the play offs again, and it's certain comments from user's like you, that hope's Nigel Pearson does deliver promotion for the club, because to be honest, I'm fed up of little comments "Pearson is this, Pearson is that", "it wasn't Mills fault", "Sven is king" despite us not even playing a match this season.

Pearson had the chance to take us into the playoffs last season and failed. Why do you think he'll make a better job of it this time around. As things stand, the squad is a lot weaker than the one that finished last season.

These pro-Pearson groupies are becoming tiresome - almost as much as the pro-Eriksson ones were this time last year. And in both cases, the devotion is completely unjustified.

No it isn't. Has he taken us back to the top flight? Sorry I must have missed that season.

His job wasn't to get us back to the top flight. His job was to get us back into the Championship and achieve a respectable finish, he exceeded those expectations.

Pearson had the chance to take us into the playoffs last season and failed. Why do you think he'll make a better job of it this time around. As things stand, the squad is a lot weaker than the one that finished last season.

The side that he got into the Play-Offs was 'weaker' than the one that finished last season. Anyway come on, lets not pretend your mind wasn't made up before last season.

sorry but anyone that uses the argument that they are older so they are a better fan is a ****ing retard, seenitall you made some good points, but Drinkwater is a player we can build around for the future and of course he struggled we ran out of midfielders at the end of last season, Ben Marshall was bought in the same way and he was a big hit, but other then some great goals did he actually play much better then DD? not really he just had the highlight moments

That statistic is completely meaningless. I'd even trust Peter Taylor to get results against the likes of Hereford, Yeovil, Cheltenham and Stockport. Take the League 1 season out of the equation and his win percentage is a good deal less impressive.

How is it meaningless? It covers all the matches in charge, so it is totally relevant.

Why can't people just support the manager for once.

I Supported the last one and all I got was derision when it went wrong. RULE 1 - NEVER do a heart felt plea when you are pissed on an internet forum... :ph34r:

p.s. I have had a few now but not enough to fall into that trap again.

Thats it forget the no name reject players and sign big names like Mills/Bamba/Ball/Pantsil/Beckford/Johnson/Konchesky/Peltier yet Pearson got us in the playoffs with the likes of Morrison/Hobbs/Brown/Fryatt/Gallagher!

lol

These pro-Pearson groupies are becoming tiresome

Perhaps because the anti Pearson groupies keeping banging out the same tired old crap... what response do you think you'll get.

Perhaps you should look at yourself, probably too preoccupied by your trousers falling down.

Ignoring 'meadows' but looking at some of the other quotes - not saying being an old git makes me a better fan, but won't put up with being told I am not one at all, was the point!

The'finished above Sven' is bollocks - look at the league tables before you post - Hull finished behind us after Niges first full season and that was with us having the handicap of us being bottom after 9 games, that they finished above us last year says more about Pearson's technical ability after nigh on 30 games in charge than you could possibly understand

Any team that signs a lot of players is going to have duds - if the four no names Nige has signed close season along with Marshall DD and Morgan are ALL in our newly promoted Premier League team come the end of the season as top players then not only will I be wrong (unlikely) but NP will be leaving for Chelsea or Spurs shortly after we go up

Martin O Neill joined us when we were in Division 2 and struggling badly with it - he became a big name afterwards - he also got us promoted with around a quarter of a seasons work and arguably some of the worst players in our history - NP has failed to get promoted at 3 attempts in this div, this season will be his fourth - its a lot more than MoN because he is not really good enough (IMO)

I personally think NP suffered a crisis of confidence after failing to win back to back promotions (and for the record I thought he was doing a great job back then) but - and you fellas keep banging on about 4 years ago as if it was yesterday - I believe he has lost his way since then - the board here is different now, the set up has changed and he seems to have lost whatever ability he had. His close season efforts have done nothing to dispel this and so I can wait for the big kick off to be disappointed or I can be underwhelmed in advance - you fellas can kiss NP's ring all day long - I can only be impressed if I am wrong - if you guys are its gonna be a long cold winter

Ignoring 'meadows' but looking at some of the other quotes - not saying being an old git makes me a better fan, but won't put up with being told I am not one at all, was the point!

The'finished above Sven' is bollocks - look at the league tables before you post - Hull finished behind us after Niges first full season and that was with us having the handicap of us being bottom after 9 games, that they finished above us last year says more about Pearson's technical ability after nigh on 30 games in charge than you could possibly understand

Any team that signs a lot of players is going to have duds - if the four no names Nige has signed close season along with Marshall DD and Morgan are ALL in our newly promoted Premier League team come the end of the season as top players then not only will I be wrong (unlikely) but NP will be leaving for Chelsea or Spurs shortly after we go up

Martin O Neill joined us when we were in Division 2 and struggling badly with it - he became a big name afterwards - he also got us promoted with around a quarter of a seasons work and arguably some of the worst players in our history - NP has failed to get promoted at 3 attempts in this div, this season will be his fourth - its a lot more than MoN because he is not really good enough (IMO)

I personally think NP suffered a crisis of confidence after failing to win back to back promotions (and for the record I thought he was doing a great job back then) but - and you fellas keep banging on about 4 years ago as if it was yesterday - I believe he has lost his way since then - the board here is different now, the set up has changed and he seems to have lost whatever ability he had. His close season efforts have done nothing to dispel this and so I can wait for the big kick off to be disappointed or I can be underwhelmed in advance - you fellas can kiss NP's ring all day long - I can only be impressed if I am wrong - if you guys are its gonna be a long cold winter

You carry on with your opinion and let other people do the same

When Pearson was first appointed, his job was too get the club out of League One. Leeds were favourites to win the League, and I think I recall everyone being happy with the club back in the Championship the following season regardless of whether we won League One, or finished second. What happened? We won League One, by a clear mile, lost few games (was it 4?) and broke some records along the way.

I find it so funny that people say League One is 'meaningless'.. You can only beat the team in front of you! Is Alex Ferguson's record not that good because with the quality of Manchester United's team down the years, it doesn't count when they've beaten the likes of Wigan, Charlton, Bolton etc?

Actually, it was two. And which manager won the playoffs that season with even LESS money (with a striker Pearson lent to him)?

Ok, it was two. It probably would have been different if Kermorgrant wouldn't have chipped one.

Yeah, Holloway won the play offs. What was the difference? DJ Campbell and Charlie Adam, especially Adam who run Blackpool's season. Anyway, DJ Campbell never produced for Leicester, he didn't look good enough in League One the season before, so what should Pearson have done? Kept a player against his will, who never scored the goals for the club anyway?

Would this be the same Matt Mills who had the best winning record of any City captain last season?

Yes. It's the same Matt Mills who only produced in television games and it's the same Mills with the same poor attitude. He never produced either, get over him.

For one, it wasn't his squad. When a new manager comes in you can't expect instant sucess. He needs a summer to build his squad, to build his idea's and too get rid of the overpaid players that never produced last season. Yes the squads weaker, on paper, than the one that finished last season, but when we made the play offs under Pearson in 2010, the squad wasn't exactly full of quality then... We had hardworking, hungry players that wanted to work for the manager.

Some of the worst players we've ever had? Struggling badly? We were 3rd in the league when he joined, having been relegated from the premier league the year before... yeah terrible players them. I can only presume your dislike of them was due to them not being big name expensive signings.

My point was that he was above Sven with a Hull side that was assembled at a fraction of the cost when he left. After NP had used the summer to bring in his own players at Hull he had them fighting for a play-off spot, so I wonder why you refuse to believe he can do the same thing here. What makes you think Nigel has suffered this confidence crisis, I'd love to know because he performed above their expectations at Hull. Why do you think we've still got people like Stroppy Tiger coming on here and moaning about us? Because they're bitter that we took their manager. If he had underachieved like you apparently think he did, then that bitterness wouldn't exist.

My point was that he was above Sven with a Hull side that was assembled at a fraction of the cost when he left. After NP had used the summer to bring in his own players at Hull he had them fighting for a play-off spot, so I wonder why you refuse to believe he can do the same thing here. What makes you think Nigel has suffered this confidence crisis, I'd love to know because he performed above their expectations at Hull. Why do you think we've still got people like Stroppy Tiger coming on here and moaning about us? Because they're bitter that we took their manager. If he had underachieved like you apparently think he did, then that bitterness wouldn't exist.

You mistake underwhelmed ness for bitterness - not bitter at all, some seasons have given us anticipation (like last year) that hasn't worked out and some have looked like they are going to be dog shit - I don't lie awake at night fretting over it you know - glad Babylon was impressed with the old Prem side that recorded the lowest wins in Div 1 ever to that point. It makes you wonder why we needed players like Claridge Savage, Izzet, Lennon, Elliot at all doesn't it? Lucky old Martin, he fell on his feet, poor old Nige, he's had it all to do

Its not fair to use MoN as a comparative for ever ,

Consider these two opinions .....

Sven wouldnt have got promotion with last seasons squad in a million years ....

NP spent last seasons tenure trying to motivate a bunch of greedy mercenaries ( who in the main only turned up when they felt like it )

A sorry leftover situation created by Sven ............................................................

Its not fair to use MoN as a comparative for ever ,

Consider these two opinions .....

Sven wouldnt have got promotion with last seasons squad in a million years ....

NP spent last seasons tenure trying to motivate a bunch of greedy mercenaries ( who in the main only turned up when they felt like it )

A sorry leftover situation created by Sven ............................................................

Poor Nige

Archived