Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tyneside fox

Svens outcasts poised to leave

Cos De Laet is a CB who can play RB, like SSL

I'm sure I heard him say himself that his preferred position is right back. I might be wrong though.

If that is the case, I assume Pearson would rather sign players to play in their preferred positions. Even if they do have to fill in for others from time to time in others.

Odd statement. Of course most players improved, it takes time for a team to gel, we all know that. The issue is wheather they improved to the expected degree, if NP managed to bring out the best in them.

Which is true but I just feel very few of our players who actually played in the team regularly went downhill under NP.

I would say the only ones who got worse going from Sven to NP are Peltier, Schmeichel and Bamba, and the last two weren't significant.

They are going to be taken over, 3 parties are interested One from Dubai, One from USA and one from England.

I read that but we'll see. These take overs can take months to resolve, so even if they are, they might not get any funds this window. A bit like we didn't under Sousa.

If this is all true,

What seems clear is that Pearson is trying to have a clear-out of players he simply doesn't rate. I don't read anything much more into it than that.

Peltier, Mills, Sol Bamba, hopefully Beckford..all players he feels he can release and get better in.

I agree with the bulk of them..although I'd be sad to see the back of Bamba.

Its what managers do isn't it... replace the ones you don't particularly rate (and that you didnt actually sign) with your own players?

Bamba actually settled down when Pearson came back and cut out the showboating for a stage, but he didn't end the season very well.

For all my criticism of Sven, I've got to admit that the back four of Peltier, Mills, Bamba and Konchesky were doing very well at times, unfortunately that's because we stopped attacking and focused solely on clean sheets, pitiful to watch.

Never have I been more split on a player as I am Bamba.

Bamba is Bamba their isn't much you can really say about him, he has all the attributes to be a Top Class CB and I mean Top 10 prem CB but for one reason or another he does daft things which can be brilliance or shear stupidity, if he goes to Turkey, he will probably do well their. Konchesky another rumored player to leave if Shorey is his replacement I wouldn't be too pleased, the Merc was hinting yesterday that he would be brought in as competition for Konchesky which would be brilliant imo.

I hope Bamba isn't shipped out. While I don't think he should be in our starting line up at the moment, I do feel he has a lot of potential should our coaches work with him on certain aspects (positioning, concentration, decision making). If he could improve these he'd be an awesome player in this league.

Just because a player isn't right for our starting XI I don't think Pearson should be trying to clear everyone out.

They can have him for the price we paid for him.

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/Leeds-make-offer-Leicester-City-defender-Lee/story-16226980-detail/story.html

Defender Lee Peltier could be on his way to Leeds United and Leicester City manager Nigel Pearson has turned his attention to Hull right-back Liam Rosenior as his squad rebuilding continues.

Leeds want Peltier and will offer £500,000 for the 25-year-old Scouser, who joined City last summer in a £750,000 move from Huddersfield Town.

I hope Bamba isn't shipped out. While I don't think he should be in our starting line up at the moment, I do feel he has a lot of potential should our coaches work with him on certain aspects (positioning, concentration, decision making). If he could improve these he'd be an awesome player in this league.

Just because a player isn't right for our starting XI I don't think Pearson should be trying to clear everyone out.

But Bamba is one of the few players we can still make a profit on, in fact because of the performance against Man City he's probably one of the only players who is still going to attract attention from other clubs. Not to mention the fact that he may want to go, he came to play for Sven, now he's gone Sol's position may well have changed.

But Bamba is one of the few players we can still make a profit on, in fact because of the performance against Man City he's probably one of the only players who is still going to attract attention from other clubs. Not to mention the fact that he may want to go, he came to play for Sven, now he's gone Sol's position may well have changed.

I thought he came because he was playing in an inferior team in an inferior league & we were a big step up? If we'd have attracted lets say Shay Given when Sven was here then players like that may well have looked to move on, but in truth I think we got some overrated players on inflated wages with Sven. Sol wasn't one of them, we got him cheap and increased his contract after a while. He's flamboyant but also a liability IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

According to the Swiss TV reporter during the Spain - Ireland game, St. Ledger was offered to FC Basel recently, with the Swiss champions refusing a deal.

Recently as in January when he looked destined to leave or recently as in during this transfer window?

According to the Swiss TV reporter during the Spain - Ireland game, St. Ledger was offered to FC Basel recently, with the Swiss champions refusing a deal.

Probably because they realised he's crap and if they saw tonight's match then that would only confirm it.

Probably because they realised he's crap and if they saw tonight's match then that would only confirm it.

You do realize the quality of opposition they were facing even England would get thrashed by Spain.

You do realize the quality of opposition they were facing even England would get thrashed by Spain.

Doubt it we are pretty good defensively. We beat them in a friendly not so long ago.

Because of the performance against Man City alone he's worth some moolah? Let's completely disregard 20 odd caps for the Ivory Coast.

St Ledger is our best defender.... By far.

And you've seen De Laet play for us how many times to come to that conclusion?

Because of the performance against Man City alone he's worth some moolah? Let's completely disregard 20 odd caps for the Ivory Coast.

No, I'm saying that clubs will pay more attention to him because of it, same can be said for him playing for the Ivory Coast yes.

Archived