Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

I'm an utter TV series whore.

Community is the best thing in the world ever. Fact.

Parks & Rec, 30 Rock, New Girl, Suburgatory and Chuck run a barely close second. It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, HIMYM, Big Bang Theory and The US Office are all well worth the watch as well.

Currently loving Burn Notice. Everyone should watch this purely for Bruce Campbell and his magnificent chin.

Also enjoying and am still working my way through Deadwood, The Wire, The Walking Dead (1 episode remaining) and House,

From the UK, once you get past Mighty Boosh, Miranda and Not Going Out there's only really panel shows and stand up comedy that anybody gives a shit about since the likes of Inbetweeners and Gavin & Stacey have finished, Bad Education is really very funny though.

Edited by General Smuts

BBC America are screening their first original drama over in the U.S., I'm hoping the BBC screen it over here. It's about an Irish policeman in New York's Bowery.

8ada5588429456860185d66eae8c6453.jpg

cheers, just watched the first 4 episodes. its not bad, gives me something else to watch also now suits finished.. .

Tomorrow is the new season of Sons of anarchy so looking forward to that.

Bearing in mind that I've never really watched it properly and the fourth series has just started, I'm unhelpfully watching the third series of The Thick of It.

Why have I not got round to watching it before? It's ace

Was just going to mention The Thick of It. Fvcking brilliant! Watched the first episode of the new series on Saturday, and it was great, even though none of the Labour characters featured in it. They're back next week, so this should get even better.

In case anyone is unaware, there is a film based on the series, titled In the Loop. There is also a new American version, also written by Armando Iannucci, called Veep, starring Julia Louis-Dreyfus off Seinfeld.

Was just going to mention The Thick of It. Fvcking brilliant! Watched the first episode of the new series on Saturday, and it was great, even though none of the Labour characters featured in it. They're back next week, so this should get even better.

In case anyone is unaware, there is a film based on the series, titled In the Loop. There is also a new American version, also written by Armando Iannucci, called Veep, starring Julia Louis-Dreyfus off Seinfeld.

"The thick of it" is superb

"In the Loop" is good but - oddly loses something compared to the TV show

"Veep" - is ok, i think it may go the way of "the Office" where it becomes a quality sitcom of its own, rather than the US copy of the original.

I dont think anyone has mentioned "Modern Family" in this topic yet? A brilliant show, some great characters and well written and performed.

"Veep" - is ok, i think it may go the way of "the Office" where it becomes a quality sitcom of its own, rather than the US copy of the original.

I dont think anyone has mentioned "Modern Family" in this topic yet? A brilliant show, some great characters and well written and performed.

I haven't seen Veep yet, but I think you might well be right about it.

I agree - Modern Family is very good. I think the bland title will put people off (sounds way too much like the god-awful My Family), and at a glance, it looks like another bog-standard American sitcom, but it's not. It is genuinely funny and, as you say, well-written.

Anyone watched any of this yet, and is it any good?

boss.jpg

Also and I don't know if it's been mention on this thread but has anybody watched Homeland?

poster1.jpg

Carrie Mathison, a CIA operations officer, is on probation after carrying out an unauthorized operation in Iraq. As a result, she has been reassigned to the Counter terrorism center. Whilst in Iraq, she was warned that an American prisoner had been turned by Al-Qaeda. When Nicholas Brody, a U.S. Marine Sergeant, is rescued after being held hostage since 2003, she suspects that he is the turned American prisoner. Brody is received home as a war hero, so Carrie goes to any lengths possible, ignoring protocol, to catch him out.

I highly recommend it and can't wait for the end of the month, as season 2 begins.

Edited by Leicfox

Anyone watched any of this yet, and is it any good?

boss.jpg

Also and I don't know if it's been mention on this thread but has anybody watched Homeland?

poster1.jpg

Carrie Mathison, a CIA operations officer, is on probation after carrying out an unauthorized operation in Iraq. As a result, she has been reassigned to the Counter terrorism center. Whilst in Iraq, she was warned that an American prisoner had been turned by Al-Qaeda. When Nicholas Brody, a U.S. Marine Sergeant, is rescued after being held hostage since 2003, she suspects that he is the turned American prisoner. Brody is received home as a war hero, so Carrie goes to any lengths possible, ignoring protocol, to catch him out.

I highly recommend it and can't wait for the end of the month, as season 2 begins.

Homeland is ace. Dont think I could watch anything with Kelsey Grammer in and take it seriously.

Top tier show. Mentioned it in my original post, hardly anyone knows about it though which is a shame.

It used to be on at about 2am on Channel 4 so not surprised it wasnt seen much. The episode where the riot kicked off was one of the best things i've seen on TV. There was a pretty good programme on after it called 'Kingpin' which only had one series. Also worth a look.

How I could forget The Thick Of It when I've been waiting for the latest series for ages! The first episode was slightly disappointing but I was so glad to have it back I didn't really mind. Next week looks already like a return to form with Malcolm Tucker back in action. Cannot wait.

Also really enjoyed Veep and I too am hoping that it can spawn into an Office (US) stylee hit completely separate from The Thick Of It.

I actually go into the series through the film.

Tuesday 11 September - BBC4 10pm

2980344_2ebc05a40c73c646a0b141fc45b66233_wm.jpg

Looks really good. Well done to the BBC for screening it, I think it's a Netflix exclusive in the States.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p00x1c6f/Lilyhammer_Episode_1/

Pretty good, it has a lot of potential. It's like a skewed, alternative universe, spin-off of The Sopranos.