Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

Gonna start Battlestar Galactica in the next few days. Got the miniseries and season one ready.

Any nin spoiler opinions?

Do not expect a scientific explanation for the ending is all i'm going to say, anything more would spoil it plus there are 5 seasons and 1 movie following on from the mini series.

I bought a BS Galactica starship model from Another World way back when it first came out, it was the only one i saw in the store and is about 6 inches long with retractable flight pods :)

Watching the second season of homeland. So many holes in it but it's above average so I'll keep going.

Just watched the first episode of Hunted. Will check out the next couple to see where it goes.

Downloading Grimm and Haven - any thoughts on these?

5 shows I am watching at the minute....

Dexter Season 7

Its been ok and only really ok for me i think i was expecting a lot more from this season with how season 6 finished.

Boardwalk Empire Season 3

again ok nothing special it has been slower than normal but this show could run for years with the amount of characters involved

Homeland Season 2

I like it again quite slow but intrigued to see where they are going to go with it

The Walking Dead Season 3

Love it been great so far and very interesting with what happened in the last episode

Sons of Anarchy season 5

Absolutely love this show think out of everything this is my go to show love it so much going on and some great story lines anyone looking for something to watch should look no further.

Also started with 'Arrow' on Sky1 cant really judge it yet as only two epsiodes have been on but so far i like it.

On my TV at the minute:

Breaking Bad - had to give this a break for awhile as it was bit of a sensitive subject and my fiancée struggled to watch it but we're back in business coming to end of season 1. Expecting big things from this.

Game of Thrones - read books 1 and 2 and started 3 before having a bit of a break. Thought I'd start the TV show to see what the fuss was about - brilliant adaptation, about half way through season 1.

Trailer Park Boys - watched this at about 7am after a big night and found it absolutely brilliant. Somehow it managed to be utterly surreal and realistic at the same time, what a show, have got hold of all the seasons.

Edited by James.

Latest shows I've been watching:

The River on Syfy - quite original take on found footage themed story,but not sure where its going

Elementary on Living - Johnny Lee Miller is Sherlock Holmes portrayed as an ex-druggy / genius,Lucy Lui is Joan Watson,1st episode was OK,will watch a few more

Homeland 2nd series - love it,interested to see where they take it now

True Blood - have stuck with it just for the great characters although the storylines have been a bit lame

American Horror Story:Asylum - recorded this last night,looks good on the trailers and really enjoyed the 1st series

Hunted on BBC 1 - from creators of Spooks,lots of action,twists and double-crossing

On my TV at the minute:

Trailer Park Boys - watched this at about 7am after a big night and found it absolutely brilliant. Somehow it managed to be utterly surreal and realistic at the same time, what a show, have got hold of all the seasons.

One of the best Canadian TV shows ever. :thumbup:

"Can you read, son?"

"Well, that depends... Can you go **** yourself?"

lol

Edited by MC Prussian

Thanks for the "Elementary" recommendation rico. Watched the first 5 and enjoyed them - not as good as Sherlock but decent for an American attempt.

Watched the first few "Grimm" programmes and like them too.

Watched the first 5 "hunted" but will probably stop there for that series.

To all those on here who recommended 'Breaking Bad'...........thank you!!

I've had a week off from work & have spent the majority of that time watching 4 whole series. I had never heard of it before, but it is quite simply one the best series I've ever seen. I'm not sure it needs another series, but will be looking forward to seeing it anyway.

Great storyline, great acting & some wonderful characters. My only disappointment was that Krysten Ritter didn't hang around for longer :cry:

One of the best Canadian TV shows ever. :thumbup:

I watched them all on Youtube the other week and have bought series 1-6 boxset. On series 5 second time around now with my Mrs, it's flippin amazing. So many good characters.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought the first episode of the Rolling Stones documentary Crossfire Hurricane was fantastic tv, even though I dont like anything they have made since the early 1970s I was engossed in the episode, I did not realise their early performances always ended in near riots, particularly interested in Brian Jones and his decline within the band leading him to being found dead 3 weeks after being sacked by the band. Great TV.

Thought the first episode of the Rolling Stones documentary Crossfire Hurricane was fantastic tv, even though I dont like anything they have made since the early 1970s I was engossed in the episode, I did not realise their early performances always ended in near riots, particularly interested in Brian Jones and his decline within the band leading him to being found dead 3 weeks after being sacked by the band. Great TV.

There's a film called Stoned about Brian Jones

348061.1020.A.jpg