Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Milton Keynes Fox

Lincoln first pre-season friendly arranged.

No i am not referring to a door knob

http://www.urbandict...m=knob/nob head

Similar to the term "poser". A nob head is a person trying to gain attention by bringing themselves down socialy. This kind of action may annoy most people rather than entertain. Nob heads only distribute entertainment when a large ammount of alcohol is consumed.

Capital I!! :)

Strange.... that would usually be our "big name" home friendly day...

The league season starts on the 18th of August so if we do have our home friendly day I presume it would be on the 11th of August. Their has been talk that the League Cup first round will be the first game of the season 14th/15th

JD Wetherspoons - The Ritz will be the best place if you want a good pub with good food near the ground . There is also the Walkabout bar in the centre .

Good thing with Lincoln being a small city is we have alot of bars close togther so you wont go dry. The slug and lettuce

is a good food pub too if you don't mind payin abit more .

DON'T go in the Lincoln vaults bar near the ground it's not away fan friendly .

Best boozers?

Royal William IV on Brayford Wharf is nice if the weather's good.

Treaty of Commerce near the train station is a proper old school boozer I visit when in Lincoln, and there's a pub called the Golden Eagle near the ground that isn't bad either.

No i am not referring to a door knob

http://www.urbandict...m=knob/nob head

Similar to the term "poser". A nob head is a person trying to gain attention by bringing themselves down socialy. This kind of action may annoy most people rather than entertain. Nob heads only distribute entertainment when a large ammount of alcohol is consumed.

Ahem...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=knob-head

British offensive slang term used as a variant of "Dick head" to describe an obnoxious person or someone who has acted in a peculiar and/or ludicrous manner.

Can anyone tell me the deal with away friendly's .

Do they normally mix the fans up i.e Real Madrid last year or is it segregated ?

If there is an away end do i purchase tickets before hand at city or lincoln ? or can it buy on the gate?

I guess the answers to these questions might change club by club but will appreciate any insight anyone can give .

This will be treated like a proper game darko, the only reason the Madrid friendly wasn't segregated was because the chances of Real Madrid bringing fans over to watch thier team play the "mighty"* Leicester were very slim and this made way for the day trippers.

Regarding tickets - I don't think it matters, unless the clubs announce that you can't buy tickets on the gate.

* We are massive though. :)

This will be treated like a proper game darko, the only reason the Madrid friendly wasn't segregated was because the chances of Real Madrid bringing fans over to watch thier team play the "mighty"* Leicester were very slim and this made way for the day trippers.

Regarding tickets - I don't think it matters, unless the clubs announce that you can't buy tickets on the gate.

* We are massive though. :)

Ok thanks, will try and get in the away end then if not i'll have to sit on my hands in the home end.

I don't think you'll have problem with Imps fans. I was in a pub there on a Saturday evening when Man U played Arsenal and the place was PACKED, even more so than a pub in Leicester for a televised City away game. I made my way through the dense (sic) mob to the toilets muttering about supporting you're home town club. Not a single reply, but then glory boys really aren't that passionate.

Archived