Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sphericalfox

Should we be concerned?

I only bring this up, as much if not all of the Norwich side have been brought together by Lambert, and if they don't bring in the right man, they will be in the CCC next year. Therefore it might well be a possibility that they might want a manager given a squad that have no egos to have a manager who knows how to get the best out of them.

Obviously nothing has been mooted in the press, it's early days for that. But I thought it'd be a conversation starter.

We are on the same wavelength here.

Norwich always appear to be a friendly club, comprising mainly fans from their local catchment.

They haven't, historically, gone for bigger name managers, instead seeming to choose blokes who are decent man managers and who have a preference for younger players who they can improve and build up a squad over time.

Of course, their circumstances have changed somewhat and I agree, if they don't get the right manager in, they will probably be relegated.

But Pearson, or the Pearson 'type' of manager would, in my limited knowledge of Norwich Football Club, fit the bill.

I suppose this is why I had a sneaky twinge of anxiety when I heard they were parting ways with Lambert.

I hope this is all very wrong of course and they go for someone like Capello! Or even Sven!

lol

Short answer: no.

Though with Dalglish and Mcleish likely leaving the Prem it leaves open room for non prem managers to step up. I would have thought the likes of Poyet and Hughton would be more likely candidates.

To be totally honest It really wouldn't bother me if he went. He's only here for the money same as the players so if a prem club came in offering him more money he would be gone without a thought for us fans.

Plenty of managers of NP's ability for us to choose from.

To be totally honest It really wouldn't bother me if he went. He's only here for the money same as the players so if a prem club came in offering him more money he would be gone without a thought for us fans.

Plenty of managers of NP's ability for us to choose from.

Who also no doubt would only be here for the money same as the players....

Norwich would be a great move for him. British based squad, no big names to fall out with and Grant Holt up front, mouthwatering.

But concerned...?! He has too many faults in his management style to make a top manager.

I think Lambert and Pearson have similarities yet really a completely different style of football, think Norwich are a more positive side than we'll ever be under NP but we're better defensively, similarities really being they go for similar sorts of players.

Pearson needs to prove himself, I do not think Pearson is a one trick pony, he knows what he wants and is needed to get out of the championship a notoriously tough league, however if we manage to get promoted, he will have to prove himself in the premier league!

One step at a time, so lets see what happens

It's no worry to me.

a) Pearson has achieved damn all in The Championship.

b) Despite his declared intention of playing "more expansive football" he shows little signs of knowing how.

c)There are few signs of players improving under his regime.

d) If he does leave - which I don't particularly want right now - we'll have yet another chance to get a Brendan Rogers-type manager who truly believes in attack and well knows how to deliver.

I've just renewed my season ticket and was told sales are "going well" but Pearson was actually a downside factor in that decision. I think we'll chug along but will be more than surprised if there's any charisma to our football.

It's no worry to me.

b) Despite his declared intention of playing "more expansive football" he shows little signs of knowing how.

d) If he does leave - which I don't particularly want right now - we'll have yet another chance to get a Brendan Rogers-type manager who truly believes in attack and well knows how to deliver.

I've just renewed my season ticket and was told sales are "going well" but Pearson was actually a downside factor in that decision. I think we'll chug along but will be more than surprised if there's any charisma to our football.

This!

It's no worry to me.

Having watched the two pre tournament friendlies England have just played, some of the worries I have about the England team failing to progress in the Euros mirror some of my worries about Pearson and Leicester.

Both England and Leicester are set up tight, to play to a game plan and to first and foremost, not concede goals.

There is nothing wrong with this per se... Many trophies have been won on the back of a strong defence.

But Leicester, like England, find it difficult to keep the ball. Last night, the number of times that the England players needlessly gave the ball away was alarming. This wasn't a major problem against the likes of Norway or Belgium because neither side had much up front and squandered any chances they had.

Same with City.... Unless we start to learn a game whereby we keep possession of the ball for longer, we will continue to lose matches against the better sides.

If England play like they did last night against the likes of Spain or an in form France team, they will rip us up for arse paper. Ditto Leicester... If we go to the likes of Wolves, Bolton, Blackburn next season and concede a lot of possession cheaply, we too will be punished.

I like Pearson, the man-manager. What I'm not sure about is our teams ability to create, to control and to boss games when we really need to. I hope this is addressed during the summer because keeping the ball last season, starting with the strikers, was a major problem IMO.

Not concerned one bit, knowing Pearson if Norwich made an approach for him he'd tell them to "f u c * k off!, don't waste my time". There's nothing at Norwich to tempt Pearson with, yes there a premier league club but there a premier league club with no money and half the squad leaving. I can see Lambert taking Hoolahan and Holt with him to Villa and is it Martin there being linked to Spurs. Norwich are going to be relegated next season there going to be next seasons whipping boys.

On the subject there next manager I thought Karl Robinson would takeover there, but it appears they are looking for a manager whose managed in the premier league before, Chris Hughton I think if he doesn't get offered the West Brom job first.

I'm not worried about Pearson leaving much, but if West Brom do approach him, it makes you think.

Archived