Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sphericalfox

Should we be concerned?

I did think myself the other day i'm surprised NP hasn't been linked or talked about in the media going to another club, however even if he was linked or talked about in the media going to another club I doubt he would after all the hassle and effort he got leaving here the first time, leaving Hull to come back, I think he just wants to settle here now for the time being.

The only way I see Pearson leaving the club soon is if he doesn't do the buisness early on next season the owners get unpatient, I can't see him leaving for a good season atleast.

I did think myself the other day i'm surprised NP hasn't been linked or talked about in the media going to another club, however even if he was linked or talked about in the media going to another club I doubt he would after all the hassle and effort he got leaving here the first time, leaving Hull to come back, I think he just wants to settle here now for the time being.

The only way I see Pearson leaving the club soon is if he doesn't do the buisness early on next season the owners get unpatient, I can't see him leaving for a good season atleast.

Agree with this. He's got some seriously unfinished business to do here providing the Thai's allow him to.

He strikes me as the sort of person who would take a job if he felt it represented a good career move, which at the moment Norwich or Swansea would. But rarely do Prem clubs look for new managers in the Championship nowadays and if they are looking for a manager from the championship there are plenty of managers with (undeservedly) greater reputations, such as Holloway, Poyet, Hughton, Mackay who those clubs would try and get first.

Pearson only left us because he was pushed and he came back because he felt he had unfinished business, which is still unfinished. I think he has a bit more about him than Rodgers/Martinez/Lambert and isn't always looking for the next big thing or suffering grass-on-the-other-side synydrome.

Not worried unless some absolutely incredible offer turns up.

He will have to do better than 9th in the championship to be linked with Prem jobs.

I actually think he'd do a good job at Norwich. Some very good players, without any ego's (as far as I know)

I just think he strikes me as a determined bloke who sees things through (and he was pushed by MM rather than jumped before anyone suggests otherwise)

I actually think he'd do a good job at Norwich. Some very good players, without any ego's (as far as I know)

I just think he strikes me as a determined bloke who sees things through (and he was pushed by MM rather than jumped before anyone suggests otherwise)

I completely agree. I'm a big Pearson fan! Just realistically he won't be getting any Prem jobs at the moment.

Pearson has done nothing to deserve a Premiership move and I wouldn't describe "concern" to be amongst my emotions should he leave now.

Much, much rather he be replaced during the summer than get the inevitable boot come November if we aren't top six.

Lambert, in particular, has turned Norwich around and guided them to the Premier League within two season's and finished a safe mid table last season in the top tier. Obviously Nigel hasn't done this, I know we were only a game away from the play off final in 2010, but he hasn't done enough yet, to be linked with the 'top/better' jobs like other managers. We all know what happened the last time, and why he left, but I cannot see it happening soon anyway. If I was worried about him leaving, it would be if he was linked to jobs at Middlesbrough or Sheffield Wednesday, because he has said before that he really enjoyed his football there, obviously had good spells as well getting to Cup finals etc

Not worried/concerned at the minute though. He will get us to the Premier League before leaving ;)

Nope, not for Norwich, possibly West Brom if they don't get Hughton or any other of their preferred candidates, NP at the moment in time needs to do a job here and get a promotion from the championship on his CV than he might be a contender for prem jobs.

I only bring this up, as much if not all of the Norwich side have been brought together by Lambert, and if they don't bring in the right man, they will be in the CCC next year. Therefore it might well be a possibility that they might want a manager given a squad that have no egos to have a manager who knows how to get the best out of them.

Obviously nothing has been mooted in the press, it's early days for that. But I thought it'd be a conversation starter.

Archived