Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ithuriel

WoW nostalgia

I must admit I played on my son's account a few years ago.

He was awesome, I really enjoyed the game. It's a shame that it's popularity got it ridiculed.

It's popularity didn't get it ridiculed.

The fact that it's a very simplistic, very shallow game that hooks easily addicted people with a constant carrot-stick principle of "upgrading" got it ridiculed.

Especially when East-Asians started dying from it.

It's popularity didn't get it ridiculed.

The fact that it's a very simplistic, very shallow game that hooks easily addicted people with a constant carrot-stick principle of "upgrading" got it ridiculed.

Especially when East-Asians started dying from it.

Simplistic, no more than many pc type games and shallow, how is it any more shallow than other games? i have done my fair share of playstation, sega and pc games and it has more depth than some but in the end is just a online fantasy game world whose best days are behind it .

I have not really seen it any more ridiculed than any other game to be honest though it did used to have an addictive quality to it that as long since gone and most of the gaming community if you want to call them that often switch between games these days.

When star wars the old republic hit recently a good number of those that played had moved over from WoW and when GW2 hits that will be the next thing peeps try.

The guys that made wow, diablo3 and the space game i cant remember are currently working on a new MMO game called Titan ?

• 4 weeks later...

Stop my WOW sub 3 months ago, so glad. I just go so bored with it, I only did PVP, never did DS, could not be assed to grind my balls off getting the gear.

The only other thing i did enjoy was making millions of gold on the markets, i manupulated it hard on my server Frostmaine, but I just found myself playing 70% market and 30% PVP, I just lost interest.

Maybe go back, but im waiting for DAT game arriving shortly!

I cancelled too, Cataclysm was just a really poor expansion compared to what had come before in my opinion, TBC was my favourite and i had quite some fun slugging it out in places like Duskwood with Horde players :)

End of 2010, sounds like Cataclysm or the end of Wrath, when the game was uber easy for the casual player.

When i started you had to work out quests for yourself and you would often die in the starting area a few times because the mobs hit hard. It got harder as you levelled and it was fun.

Was a pain running into enemy players too who would usually attack you on sight, with Cata you rarely ever saw even friendly players due to phasing.

They developers really did ruin the game by constantly trying to make it better :(

End of 2010, sounds like Cataclysm or the end of Wrath, when the game was uber easy for the casual player.

When i started you had to work out quests for yourself and you would often die in the starting area a few times because the mobs hit hard. It got harder as you levelled and it was fun.

Was a pain running into enemy players too who would usually attack you on sight, with Cata you rarely ever saw even friendly players due to phasing.

They developers really did ruin the game by constantly trying to make it better :(

It was indeed just as they released Catalsym and a few months after. I never had Catalsym though, just the orginal and first add on.

They altered the whole game for Cata, all zones were changed and phasing was added in as was loads of NPCs, the mobs hit less hard, quests were extremely easy and world guards could one shot an enemy player so it killed world pvp.

Basically the developers made a mess with this expansion and it cost them a lot of customers, some blamed Activision who had brought Blizzard but only the company execs and devs know the truth.

This was one reason for introducing free to play up to level 20.

Another story was that all the best poeple were put on developing Titan, their new MMO game.

• 2 weeks later...

The game was fantastic from 2004-2009ish but with the release of each new expansion you can tell the developers are getting completely void of ideas. The game is getting simpler which whilst it isn't as time consuming to get all the good gear and experience all the high end content the real downside of it is that it introduces a whole new type of player which is the attention seeking troll. Ever since halfway through wotlk theres been a rise in the amount of players that just constantly bitch, moan, are horrible to players they think are lower or less skilled than them and generally think of themselves as superior and to be honest with the forced looking for dungeon and pick up grouping crap it makes avoiding these type of players pretty hard. Thats the main downside to the game, the only thing that keeps me subbing and playing every so often is my guild and the people i've met whilst playing. To be totally honest the game will never recapture the glory of vanilla and burning crusade and to be honest with the new panda expansion i think i'll finally be quitting for good.

• 4 months later...

Tried the new Pandaria expansion, far superior to Cataclysm and more like TBC bar the simplified talent system.

The Rare mobs can hit like trucks and it really is a nice expansion.

They have a new crossrealm thing that makes pvp a pain in the ass, just like TBC used to be :xmasbiggrin:

If you have played WoW before then yes, if not then do the free play at the lower level stuff on their site.

The game world you enter is massive but you cant just wonder into higher level areas because the mobs will one shot you.

Old video from TBC expec days, still informative and was the best expac, Pandaria being the next best.

The cities and zones have changed since way back then.

Weapons trainers no longer exist btw.

You'll need to buy the earlier games first if you do not have them.

My BE priest is on Earthen Ring RPPVE, Gnome warlock Xavius and troll hunter is on Stormscale PVP.

Crossrealm means that if you go PVP players from other realms will still play in your zone so be prepared for ganking TBC style.

PVE= player vs enviroment, just means you do not have to worry about being ambushed or ganked by opposing players unless you flag yourself or enter a battleground.

Present god mode classes are frost DKs from what i've read, currently playing my shadow priest at 90 :)

Been doing so much i have not yet done the 3 new BGs or many instances, but it is way more fun than Cata and i enjoy it more than Wrath at present.

There are also some raid type rare mobs in the open world, one so huge you can see it from some distance.

Rare champions hunting

Archived