Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Jason Shackell

Don't see him as an improvement on what we've currently got.

I'm a fan of SSL and Morgan, but neither are outstanding centre halves who will necessarily walk into the team week after week. Shackell is another solid championship defender. We do need at least one, maybe two more centre halves and whether it turns out to be Shackell, Chambers, Chester or whoever they will definitely be competing for a starting place.

Shackell sounds like a typical Pearson player.

He's been captain for Norwich, Barnsley and Direby. He's a big, tall stopper, not particularly quick, but no slouch.

Solid enough by the sounds of it and could be skipper material if this happens..

Derby fans seem to rate him from my memory.

A couple of my workmates are Direby fans.

I spoke to one of them earlier today and he said Shackell is ok, but nothing special to speak of.

And he was also indifferent to whether he is sold to us or not. The Florist lads I also work with seemed more pissed off when they knew we were signing Morgan.

A couple of my workmates are Direby fans.

I spoke to one of them earlier today and he said Shackell is ok, but nothing special to speak of.

And he was also indifferent to whether he is sold to us or not. The Florist lads I also work with seemed more pissed off when they knew we were signing Morgan.

The thing is though Morgan was a long server to the club and was Forest through and through, and all the fans loved him.

Shackell has only been there for a year.

The thing is though Morgan was a long server to the club and was Forest through and through, and all the fans loved him.

Shackell has only been there for a year.

That's most probably why mate.

Mi workmates also thought Morgan was their best player.

That's most probably why mate.

Mi workmates also thought Morgan was their best player.

Shackell is the one they signed from Scotland right?

He was quite good against us and i've seen a lot of Derby fans on Facebook pages and stuff say he was a solid defender previously.

Who was the one who broke his leg in the Forest v Derby game?

Shackell is the one they signed from Scotland right?

He was quite good against us and i've seen a lot of Derby fans on Facebook pages and stuff say he was a solid defender previously.

Who was the one who broke his leg in the Forest v Derby game?

He was signed from Barnsley after becoming their player of the season. 750k

Shaun Barker...

Why are we trying to sign so many CBs

Maybe Pearson has a plan, to build a team in the style of Barcelona in reverse, A goalkeeper, 9 defenders and a striker... Or he could be replacing Bamba and Mills

I have a number of 'very honest' Derby mates and this guy is very highly rated, had a great season.

Cant see them selling as Barker is injured for some time

Derby boss Nigel Clough admits the club may be willing to sell in-demand centre-back Jason Shackell if they receive the right bid. Clough believes he could reinvest the funds in order to make the Rams stronger next season.

Derby boss Nigel Clough admits the club may be willing to sell in-demand centre-back Jason Shackell if they receive the right bid. Clough believes he could reinvest the funds in order to make the Rams stronger next season.

In other words, "Rams look to rip off money slinging Foxes for average Championship centre half". Where have we seen that before!

Too true!!

Why didnt we just keep Hobbs and Morrison! Along with big Wes, we'd be laughing now!

Selling Hobbs was IMO, one of the biggest faux pa's the club has made in recent times.

So he'd lost form under Sven.. He weren't the only one was he?

It still makes me chuckle to look back on some of the stuff that was being said about Hobbs by many of our 'so called fans' (often the same people who thought he was great under Pearson incidentally).... That he was too slow, sometimes late in the challenge and couldn't bring the ball out from the back with any composure!!!

Who was he replaced with?

Mr Mills... For about three times as much transfer money and probably a shed load more wages.

Bloody shame as I still think Hobbs (under the correct guidance) is a good defender at this level.

Looking back, we didn't half do some daft things under Sven.

IMO.

Selling Hobbs was IMO, one of the biggest faux pa's the club has made in recent times.

So he'd lost form under Sven.. He weren't the only one was he?

It still makes me chuckle to look back on some of the stuff that was being said about Hobbs by many of our 'so called fans' (often the same people who thought he was great under Pearson incidentally).... That he was too slow, sometimes late in the challenge and couldn't bring the ball out from the back with any composure!!!

Who was he replaced with?

Mr Mills... For about three times as much transfer money and probably a shed load more wages.

Bloody shame as I still think Hobbs (under the correct guidance) is a good defender at this level.

Looking back, we didn't half do some daft things under Sven.

IMO.

The Thais as well.......

• 3 weeks later...

Sky Sports understands Burnley are poised to sign defender Jason Shackell from Derby County.

The Clarets are long-term admirers of the 28-year-old and are reported to have had at least two bids in the region of £1.2million already rejected by the Rams this summer.

Derby boss Nigel Clough has stated his desire to keep the former Norwich youngster, who only joined the club from Barnsley on a three-year deal last summer.

Shackell played every minute of the club's 49 games and ended the season captaining the side in the absence of the injured Shaun Barker.

Both Clough and chief executive Tom Glick have previously publicly denied rumours the club are under pressure to sell players this summer.

However, Clough has also admitted he would be prepared to sell the defender in order to fund deals elsewhere should the right offer come in.

That offer now appears to have been made and it seems the Rams are ready to cash in on their influential stopper.

Archived