Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Oadby Fox

Nigel Pearson 'owes fans' after sale of Sol Bamba.

let's be clear about this ;

Cliff said "One person said to me it was his biggest disappointment since Frank Worthington left"

it's not his opinion and i'm fairly sure it was a tongue in cheek remark by him :)

Good. I'm glad that's cleared it up.

I think I owe NP one.

Sol was a calamity waiting to happen, he was good at times but he was good due to luck, I think most of the things he did were through luck more than judgement, I wouldn't have been kicking him out the door but i'm certainly not sad to see him go.

I think you should give him one. :ph34r:

I liked sol but i won't miss him that's for sure, he was an ok def but that is all you can say, a bit hit and miss, and def unpredictable. I'm sure more signings will be on the way soon, hopefully good solid defenders, and not too cavelier, followed by a couple of decent mids, and offloading Wellens and Gallagher................ happy days :scarf: :scarf:

Dear oh dear.

First of all, what a horrendous comparison to make, Bamba to Worthington. lol Bamba I agree wasn't awful and was exciting but can we seriously afford to take risks?

So, where we got players from decides how good they are? You know what if I read a single more clown post about where we got a player from then no response from me. It's just so stupid and so irrelevant to how they'll do for Leicester. Where did Bamba come from? Hibernian? Known as a "bomb-scare" in the SPL, Vardy's absolutely ripped up the BSP, which would you have? Not that it matters.

He then goes on to say "it has to be promotion this season", sensationally following it up by saying "fans aren't getting carried away like last year" lol

Sensationally embarrassing article.

Mock all you want he's right though and come next season you'll see that for yourself. Sadly there's no room for excitement in a Pearson team.

Anyone who can't see excitement in coming 1st then 5th is a hard to please dolt. I don't care on the leagues, those positions alone prove we won loads.

Can't believe he's saying Bamba gets people out of their seats because he's an exciting player. No Cliff, thousands of hands clasped to faces and exclamations of "wtf is he doing?" is not excitement. As for comparing it to the loss of Frankie, what a complete joke. Nice guy but no loss

I think the attitude of the supporter determines feelings about Bamba. Pessimists/worriers will indeed think "wtf is he doing?", when he embarks on one of his runs (even though I can't remember an occasion when it cost us a goal - a few near misses, yes!). Stoics will think "Que sera, sera!". Optimists, gamblers or happy-go-lucky types will think "Go on, have a go!" While I disagree with the idea that he is a critical loss to the squad, I can relate to the comment about getting the crowd out of their seats - it was often on occasions when we were behind or facing stalemate that he went on one of his runs, which did indeed have the potential to shake up the game and get the fans on their feet. Critical loss, no, provided we get in at least 1 decent centre half...but I'll miss Sol's crazy runs, commitment and telescopic tackles. Trabzonsport have a good purchase, in my view.

Nigel is more of a 1-0 man than a 4-3 man you will see the side, defensive well organised and hard to beat. If you want exciting edge of your seat football someone like Ian Holloway is more suited but i think the easiest way to be promoted is by being hard to beat, resolute and well organised.

Bamba was well loved for being exciting but if we want organised football/Promotion hes probley not the best tbh.

great servent and a big thanks from the fans but onwards and upwards...!!

Yes, definitely. i think Pearson now owes me the signings of a couple of fringe Real Madrid players (Altintop and Sahin will do) plus Klose as our target man (but he is untested in the Championship so will probably be shit right?) plus a replacement CB im thinking maybe Mascherano but he doesnt have flair does he so fvck it.

Archived