Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Oadby Fox

Nigel Pearson 'owes fans' after sale of Sol Bamba.

Why do we have this clown as the supposed voice of 'the fans'?

Time after time he makes ridiculous statements on behalf of the supporters but he doesn't represent my views, and probably not those of the significant majority of our supporters. What is the supporters club? What exactly does it do apart from give idiots like this Ginnetta a platform to spout his representative nonsense?

If you want a true representation of what the fans think then you have no better place than here. And I'm certain that there are probably more members here and more worthwhile output than comes from the supporters club. That goes for the Foxes Trust as well.

I was a little disappointed to see Bamba go but Pearson owes me nothing, I am demanding nothing from him because I have ultimate confidence in him to get things right so will suport him doing whatever he needs to do in order to achieve that. I hope that he views Ginnetta and his views with the same contempt that I do.

They didn't that idiot

Cliff Ginnetta did. I have never understood why the Mercury turn to people like him for a opinion, like he represents what the fans think ? They would be better off asking us what we think on here. On second thoughts perhaps not !

:D

[/

That's what I meant...

lol

Mock all you want he's right though and come next season you'll see that for yourself. Sadly there's no room for excitement in a Pearson team.

Well "excitement" in the team hasn't exactly worked wonders for us in the last two seasons, has it?

Agree with everyone. Pitiful article. Cliff speaks for Cliff. As I recall, it took Steve Walsh at least three seasons to hit his first blue shirt, never mind run out of defence with the ball; and in his day, Wortho was a God, Sol was good for the occasional laugh and a reasonable player, but not on the same page as Wortho, fan-worship wise.

Mock all you want he's right though and come next season you'll see that for yourself. Sadly there's no room for excitement in a Pearson team.

It's the idiot comparing it to Frank Worthington leaving that's the bigger problem.

Don't agree with the way it is worded, but I can see the point of the article. It's another sale of a potentially decent player, the likes of which with better management could have led us to promotion. If Pearson is going to sell all of these players, he should have better players lined up. Maybe he has, maybe he hasn't. He doesn't "owe it to the fans", but he does owe it to himself, because if he doesn't bring in better performing players then he will shortly be getting sacked.

Like everyone else though, Ginetta doesn't speak for me. If he could preface all of his future statements with "I can't speak for any of the other fans, but..." then that would be great.

He should prefix his comments with some clarification like:

My view is...

Speaking for myself....

My members......

Some of my members.....

All I'm hearing from my members.....

None of my members....

I've not asked anyone else but......

Why are you asking me I.......

Well if " excitement " equates to shitting myself then Bamba certainly gave me a few " exciting" moments last season. :D :D :D

Convinced Ginetta doesn't even go to games. What a ridiculous article. Just feeds the moronic fans with more reasons to put pressure on Pearson and the team.

well you would be wrong there, he goes home and away. so does his wife and daughter..

most people are jumping on the article because its cliff ginetta.

I think I owe NP one.

Sol was a calamity waiting to happen, he was good at times but he was good due to luck, I think most of the things he did were through luck more than judgement, I wouldn't have been kicking him out the door but i'm certainly not sad to see him go.

well you would be wrong there, he goes home and away. so does his wife and daughter..

most people are jumping on the article because its cliff ginetta.

And the fact he's talking a load of old shite!!!

so sol bamba wasnt popular??

I guess that depends who you ask. I'm guessing they're judging popularity on the fact the crowd sung his name a bit, but that's no surprise with how easy his went into the chant. If you took a straw poll of fans, I don't think many would put Bamba down as their most popular player.

As for Pearson owing the fans and having to make up for the sale, i'm afraid that's utter garbage. Pearson owes us nothing; the only people he owes are the owners who've put faith in him to get us promoted.

I guess that depends who you ask. I'm guessing they're judging popularity on the fact the crowd sung his name a bit, but that's no surprise with how easy his went into the chant. If you took a straw poll of fans, I don't think many would put Bamba down as their most popular player.

As for Pearson owing the fans and having to make up for the sale, i'm afraid that's utter garbage. Pearson owes us nothing; the only people he owes are the owners who've put faith in him to get us promoted.

This....

let's be clear about this ;

Cliff said "One person said to me it was his biggest disappointment since Frank Worthington left"

it's not his opinion and i'm fairly sure it was a tongue in cheek remark by him :)

Archived