Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jumbo mills

Is Pearson going to do anything or not

It's all about team spirit, putting your body on the line for team-mates & being able to perform consistantly to a level greater than the sum of your parts, we had that last Pearson was here, Sven bought some talented players but the atmosphere was gone, NP needs to rebuild that by adding a few players, but has a base of more talented players to do it on.

Exactly right. Last season wasnt great, but we showed flashes of being a team that with a bit of structure and spirit could challenge for top 6 at least. I'm more interested in what NP can get out of the lads we have rather than signing too many more players. If he can get some consistency into this team then we'll be ok

I always think when it has come to us over the past two years is the lack of consistency stems from the midfield, so with hopefully a better Andy King and Drinky/James in addition to Danns and Wellens we certainly have the numbers, but is there the consistent quality?

Exactly right. Last season wasnt great, but we showed flashes of being a team that with a bit of structure and spirit could challenge for top 6 at least.

I look at how Hull were starting to play under him as to the route we will go down. They started off ugly, but their fans admitted he'd begun to get them playing some much better stuff as time went on.

When I saw hull both times I thought their pressing was excellent, hadn't seen many teams put in that amount of effort without the ball. And until we hit them with two quick sucker punches at home I thought they had looked very good with their passing and movement.

On the negative side they didn't score too many goals, but you have to hope with the players we have already the quality is better than theirs upfront.

My guess would be not.

He's going to sit on his ass all summer, eating beefburgers and toasted marshmellows from a bbq at Belvoir Drive, pausing occasionally to wave at Paul Gallagher or look askance at Beckford, until Top flies in a Mil Mi-171 to airlift his fat, bloated, cadaverous body to the Nuffield hospital.

Of course he's ruddy well going to do something!

I look at how Hull were starting to play under him as to the route we will go down. They started off ugly, but their fans admitted he'd begun to get them playing some much better stuff as time went on.

When I saw hull both times I thought their pressing was excellent, hadn't seen many teams put in that amount of effort without the ball. And until we hit them with two quick sucker punches at home I thought they had looked very good with their passing and movement.

On the negative side they didn't score too many goals, but you have to hope with the players we have already the quality is better than theirs upfront.

Agreed on all points. Same model we had when he was here before. Upfront we looked good at times I think. A lot of it depends on Beckford and if he gets over the odd sulk he had last year, but him, Nuge, King and Marshall have all got goals in them so, and thats with Vardy still being a relative unknown

My guess would be not.

He's going to sit on his ass all summer, eating beefburgers and toasted marshmellows from a bbq at Belvoir Drive, pausing occasionally to wave at Paul Gallagher or look askance at Beckford, until Top flies in a Mil Mi-171 to airlift his fat, bloated, cadaverous body to the Nuffield hospital.

Of course he's ruddy well going to do something!

Do they really have a BBQ at the trainIng ground?

Ace.

Do our fans ever not moan? We already know sven bought too many last season. I for one have complete n utter faith in Pearson and am sure he knows exactly what hes doing. Much rather us go about our business quietly and have less clubs talking about us thus creating less pressure on our players.

Have faith

This summer it seems to me , we have gone backwards we have brought 3 or 4 nobody's. We have must of gone down the championship pecking order. Cardiff are investing heavily with a good manager, wolves and Bolton will be strong Owen coyle is no mug at this level. Steve Bruce always does well for a start. Lee Clarke is a good manager. And with canny old warnock at Leeds with Charlton and Huddersfield coming up with ambitious managers and not mentioning the millions forest are getting. I'm afraid Nigel will regret this summer and be collecting his p45 before Christmas

Z7Gpf.gif

I have faith in Nigel :fc:

If we don't win the first game I am dreading to see threads like these lol

I know! I mean, Pearson is being critisized by the same old posters, and we haven't even played a game yet.

Do our fans ever not moan? We already know sven bought too many last season. I for one have complete n utter faith in Pearson and am sure he knows exactly what hes doing. Much rather us go about our business quietly and have less clubs talking about us thus creating less pressure on our players.

Have faith

+1, totally agree.

Archived