Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jumbo mills

Is Pearson going to do anything or not

Judging by the fact that James has at times in his career played in defence I'd say he'd be more defensive minded. It's a pure guess, I don't know. What I do think we need, and James might be that player, is a spoiler in the middle. Someone to get in the faces of the opposition, does nothing fancy, just brakes up the play

That's exactly what i'm saying we need plus a target man. If we had been starting pre-season with those types of player in the squad i'd be pretty confident. That would be a good starting point. It would just be a case of adding to it rather than still being in the rebuilding stage (cheers Sven). At this point it's not a huge concern as we don't know what or who Pearson has in mind. But I will be very concerned if we go into the first match of the season without those types of player in the squad. The failings of last season will still be there, all starting from failing to keep hold of the ball up front or win it in the air. That results in the midfield being under the cosh and with no holding midfielder, the defence are under the cosh. As I say though, not a huge concern at this point but cause for a little worry

If they weren't so damn sexy, I would cut my hands off to stop me coming on here and reading this drivel.

You read with your hands are you blind?

Lets not get on Pearson's back, he knows what is right for the club, I mean selling Sol Bamba for £850K and then buying a non-league player for a million is just what this club needs!

GOOD BUSINESS....

Well we'll see if it's good business or not won't we.

Lets not get on Pearson's back, he knows what is right for the club, I mean selling Sol Bamba for £850K and then buying a non-league player for a million is just what this club needs!

GOOD BUSINESS....

It is good business. As much of a great character that Bamba was, he was a complete liability. And we made half a million profit from his sale.

As for Vardy - I think Pearson made a great move buying him, his stats are fantastic and although he's yet to play at this level, he's clearly talented. If he doesn't live up to Pearson's demands, then sell him for a similar amount. A million isn't a massive gamble, and he might just turn out to be one of our best players. I'd sooner Pearson take this sort of risk than buy in players who are over-the-hill or have very limited experience at bigger clubs which seems to bump up their cost (and ego), and then turn out to be very mediocre

It is good business. As much of a great character that Bamba was, he was a complete liability. And we made half a million profit from his sale.

As for Vardy - I think Pearson made a great move buying him, his stats are fantastic and although he's yet to play at this level, he's clearly talented. If he doesn't live up to Pearson's demands, then sell him for a similar amount. A million isn't a massive gamble, and he might just turn out to be one of our best players. I'd sooner Pearson take this sort of risk than buy in players who are over-the-hill or have very limited experience at bigger clubs which seems to bump up their cost (and ego), and then turn out to be very mediocre

My thoughts exactly. Great first post!

Welcome!

I'm already sick and tired of people slagging off the new signings, before we've even seen them kick a ball once. "He must be rubbish - he's from a non league team." He was clearly playing well below his level, and we won the race to sign him against other clubs in our division. "They're only another club's reserves players." Yeah, that other club is maybe the world's biggest club, and they're young players.

If they turn out to be shit, that's the time to moan about them. As things stand, who knows? They could turn out to be very good signings. What's the point in being fed up with imaginary problems?

You read with your hands are you blind?

No, I navigate around the web with my hands, do you have one of them fancy new eyeball controlled computers? :P

Edit: I notice that you didn't question the sexiness of my hands, but then I guess if I was blind then I wouldn't be able to truly judge how sexy my hands are.

My thoughts exactly. Great first post!

Welcome!

I'm already sick and tired of people slagging off the new signings, before we've even seen them kick a ball once. "He must be rubbish - he's from a non league team." He was clearly playing well below his level, and we won the race to sign him against other clubs in our division. "They're only another club's reserves players." Yeah, that other club is maybe the world's biggest club, and they're young players.

If they turn out to be shit, that's the time to moan about them. As things stand, who knows? They could turn out to be very good signings. What's the point in being fed up with imaginary problems?

Cheers! It's Billy by the way - thought it'd only be worth making an account when I've got something to say and now seems like a good time. Personally I think Pearson could do a lot with the squad he already has, and he's bound to make one or two more signings before the season kicks off.

Getting shot of Mills and Bamba were - for me - great moves, and I think now Pearson has the rest of the summer to get the squad HE'S chosen into the shape he wants, we'll have as good a shout any other team. Not saying we'll get promoted, not even guaranteed a top-half finish but I think we'll be in a much better shape than last year. I think more important than new signings at the moment - 1) give Beckford a massive kick up the anal, and 2) get Wellens two leg transplants.

Whilst it looks good on the outside for teams like Blackburn, Middlesbrough etc because they're bringing in 'big names', you have to understand we did that last year and it didn't seem to work. I much prefer 'unknown' signings as they want to make their name at the club, and are not relying on their past achievements.

I wouldn't be too worried about Blackburn can't see them doing much damage this season despite Murphy signing which i Was impressed with. I cant see kean lasting until october personally, there a club ripped apart at the minute. A lot more other threatening clubs to watch out for like Huddersfield, Leeds, Cardiff and everyones going to be monitoring the Watford situation with Zola bringing in the Italy Under 21 squad to Vicarage Road.

Bolton Clear favourites for me don't look like to be losing many players, possibly Mark Davies if any but they've replaced him with keith andrews a proven championship midfielder now after his loan spell last year. Still don't understand why we are favourites to win the league!

Cheers! It's Billy by the way - thought it'd only be worth making an account when I've got something to say and now seems like a good time. Personally I think Pearson could do a lot with the squad he already has, and he's bound to make one or two more signings before the season kicks off.

Getting shot of Mills and Bamba were - for me - great moves, and I think now Pearson has the rest of the summer to get the squad HE'S chosen into the shape he wants, we'll have as good a shout any other team. Not saying we'll get promoted, not even guaranteed a top-half finish but I think we'll be in a much better shape than last year. I think more important than new signings at the moment - 1) give Beckford a massive kick up the anal, and 2) get Wellens two leg transplants.

Haha! Great minds and that.

It's the same old Championship again - impossible to predict. Anything could happen. I do agree, though - I will be surprised if we don't do better than last season. I think we'll look more like a team this time, and less like a bunch of overpaid bellends expecting to piss all over the clubs in the bottom half of the table.

I'm still not sure about Beckford. I think we might be planning to get the best fee for him by not transfer listing him, like the sale of DJ Campbell, but yeah - if he stays, I want to see an improvement.

I have faith in Pearson, dont think we are far away of being a very good side. May not like Pearson, but the man knows what he wants and has had time to plan/organise it all!

One more CB, a winger and maybe a midfielder and we are sorted! wishful thinking probs

I have faith in Pearson, dont think we are far away of being a very good side. May not like Pearson, but the man knows what he wants and has had time to plan/organise it all!

One more CB, a winger and maybe a midfielder and we are sorted! wishful thinking probs

It's all about team spirit, putting your body on the line for team-mates & being able to perform consistantly to a level greater than the sum of your parts, we had that last Pearson was here, Sven bought some talented players but the atmosphere was gone, NP needs to rebuild that by adding a few players, but has a base of more talented players to do it on.

We already signed 3 before players went on their holiday & it's hardly likely we're going to sign any more on players first day back at their clubs, the rest of the signings will play out over the close season through to deadline day

Regards to your ideal targets, it's not really that wishful, Chester & Stewart have been identified as prime targets, whether they'll happen or not is a different matter now we're probably not in a position to overpay on transfer fee & wages all over again.

Archived