Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trickyfox

Formation for next season

Looking at the potential team, and new signings which may come I would hope for something like this.

Schmeichel

De Laet(NEW RB), St Ledger, Morgan, Konchesky

Marshall, Danns, James(Koren), New Winger

Beckford, Nugent

Subs - Logan, Whitbread, De Laet(Kennedy), King, Dyer, Vardy, Futacs

Something like this maybe??

Kasper

De laet - Morgan - St.Ledger - Konch

--------Danns-----------------James--------

Vardy-----------Marshall-----------Nugent

------------------Beckford-------------------

I believe this would work well next season, especially away from home. The team can drop back when defending and then counter with vardy, nugent, marshall, becks and even the late runs of danns.

Something like this maybe??

Kasper

De laet - Morgan - St.Ledger - Konch

--------Danns-----------------James--------

Vardy-----------Marshall-----------Nugent

------------------Beckford-------------------

I believe this would work well next season, especially away from home. The team can drop back when defending and then counter with vardy, nugent, marshall, becks and even the late runs of danns.

No just no. Nugent is a striker not a winger. We found this out last season!

He can play wider, but, as Ashley said, he was poor in that position last season for us, I cannot recall him scoring and he was constantly subbed off. His natural position is a striker, that's where he should play, and that's where he played when he scored a load of goals at this level for Preston.

With the players we have at the moment (Including Whitbread) I'd either go with,

GK - Kasper

RB - De Laet

CB - Whitbread

CB - Morgan

LB - Konchesky

CM - James

CM - Danns

RW - Marshall

CAM - King

LW - Vardy

ST - Nugent

(With Marshall moving to CAM when a new winger is signed)

or

GK - Kasper

RB - De Laet

CB - Whitbread

CB - Morgan

LB - Konchesky

RM - Drinkwater

CM - James

CM - King

LM - Marshall

ST - Vardy

ST - Nugent

(With Marshall moving to RM when a new winger is signed)

I think our squad this season compared to this time last season is spot on. Sven attempted the '2 players for every position' system but got it so wrong and unbalanced. I feel NP has got it right at the minute with players on the fringes who will be prepared to wait for their chance.

Schmeichel/Logan

Peltier/Moore

De Laet/St Ledger/Morgan/New CB? Bolger? Parkes?

Konchesky/Kennedy

Marshall/Gallagher

Danns/Drinkwater/King/Wellens/James

Dyer/Vardy

Beckford/Schlupp

Nugent/Waghorn

Yes this looks strong.

Vardy needs adding to the Strikers though and i think we will buy a Left Winger.

Also think De Laet will be Right back after Peltier leaves and he will sign one or maybe two new Centre Halves if he dont think Bolger and Parkes up to it.

After that though we have a very good squad i think

Updated following the signing of Whitbread:

Schmiechel

De Laet - Whitbread - Morgan - Konchesky

Marshall - Danns - Drinkwater - Dyer

Vardy - Nugent

A better left winger and that team on paper would be good enough for a top 6 finish imo.

Schmeichel/ Smith/ Logan

De Laet/Peltier Morgan/St Ledger Whitbread/Taft Konchesky/Kennedy

James

Danns/Wellens Drinkwater/King

Marshall/Gallagher Beckford/Nugent/Futacs Vardy/Dyer

451/433 as the main formation and just replace a midfielder for another striker when chasing goals

Kasper

De Laet

Whitbread

Morgan

Konchesky

Danns

James

Dyer

Marshall

Vardy

Nugent

4-2-3-1 Dyer needs replacing, think playing Marshall in the hole is vital if we're to be successful this year. Capable of producing something out of nothing!

Kasper

De Laet

Whitbread

Morgan

Konchesky

Danns

James

Nugent

Marshall

Vardy

Futacs/Beckford

4-2-3-1 Dyer needs replacing, think playing Marshall in the hole is vital if we're to be successful this year. Capable of producing something out of nothing!

Is it me or are we now missing a defensive tough tackling midfield playmaker.

All other personnel for formations now seem to have arrived - round pegs in round holes, brilliant.

But when the midfield all push up and somebody loses the ball there is traditionally a void, a huge chasm between the now backtracking midfield and the fastbreaking counter attack running at our defence.

Where is our Scholes type.........?

Is it me or are we now missing a defensive tough tackling midfield playmaker.

All other personnel for formations now seem to have arrived - round pegs in round holes, brilliant.

But when the midfield all push up and somebody loses the ball there is traditionally a void, a huge chasm between the now backtracking midfield and the fastbreaking counter attack running at our defence.

Where is our Scholes type.........?

Do we know that Matty James couldn't be that player?

Edit: http://www.footballf...miership_Blogs) Have a read of this, obviously he has had injuries since, but I think he could be a great player for us. A quick search of his name along with 'United Forum' brings up a few pages discussing his move to us, they seem to think he could have made it at United if not for injuries.

May be. I genuinely don't know so I'm asking the question as the above seems to have happened since Soussa and Sven due to the amount of attacking midfielders and Wellens plays that role but perhaps is no longer the answer........

Archived