Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trickyfox

Formation for next season

A potential formation for Pearson to use during the up and coming campaign.

Schmeichel

De-laet Morgan Ledger Konch

Marshall Danns King

Nugent Vardy Beckford

I think (for what its worth) he will start with a 4-4-2 – maybe drinkwater in there with the three mentioned above and with Nugent and Beckford starting up front. He went with that last season and I think he will stick with it. But the 4-3-3 formation above would be a very strong attacking set up which would unsettle teams. Vardy just reminds me of Carole for England and Liverpool upsetting defenders and dragging players over the pitch.

Schmeichel

Marshall Danns King

Nugent Vardy Beckford

Can see a formation like this being used, but perhaps a fluid 4-4-2 / 4-3-3 with Vardy playing attacking left sided rather than through the centre.

A potential formation for Pearson to use during the up and coming campaign.

Schmeichel

Marshall Danns King

Nugent Vardy Beckford

I think (for what its worth) he will start with a 4-4-2 – maybe drinkwater in there with the three mentioned above and with Nugent and Beckford starting up front. He went with that last season and I think he will stick with it. But the 4-3-3 formation above would be a very strong attacking set up which would unsettle teams. Vardy just reminds me of Carole for England and Liverpool upsetting defenders and dragging players over the pitch.

Have you seen Vardy play before? He is nothing like Andy Carroll however I do agree with he'll be dragging defenders over the pitch because his movement and positioning are top notch.

I think a more attack-minded formation should definitely be used, so the 4-3-3 is good. Other teams have a lot of success by getting upfront and just piling on the pressure until the opposition slip up - it'd be nice if we were able to carry this off. I'm really looking forward to seeing Vardy next season and hopefully he'll be upfront with Nugent and Beckford - if his ability to re-gain possession from a lost ball is as good as his actual goal-scoring ability then hopefully it'll make weaknesses in the midfield less of a problem and we can play much more attacking as a team. Rather that than getting 1-0 up and just praying that's the final outcome - witnessed that too many times, and doesn't usually end well.

Either 4-3-3 or a new formation I'm proposing... "The Broom". It's your basic 1-1-1-7. Get everyone upfront and see what happens. And apologise to Kasper when it all goes to tits.

I think a more attack-minded formation should definitely be used, so the 4-3-3 is good. Other teams have a lot of success by getting upfront and just piling on the pressure until the opposition slip up - it'd be nice if we were able to carry this off. I'm really looking forward to seeing Vardy next season and hopefully he'll be upfront with Nugent and Beckford - if his ability to re-gain possession from a lost ball is as good as his actual goal-scoring ability then hopefully it'll make weaknesses in the midfield less of a problem and we can play much more attacking as a team. Rather that than getting 1-0 up and just praying that's the final outcome - witnessed that too many times, and doesn't usually end well.

Either 4-3-3 or a new formation I'm proposing... "The Broom". It's your basic 1-1-1-7. Get everyone upfront and see what happens. And apologise to Kasper when it all goes to tits.

I agree with this, we did fall down last season with ball re-possession..

lol I like.

I'm assuming the defender plays more of a sweeper role than a centre back...

can see it being 4-4-2. with defence more or less picked (only exception would be if a new cb comes in for SSL)

Schmeichel

then gally/marshall and dyer/ vardy used for wings.. (maybe waghorn) and 2 from the others for central.

gally/Marshall (Danns/wellens/drinkwater /james/King) dyer/

Vardy

then up front becks n nuge..

Nugent Beckford

only worries there is its a bit like for likes ..missing mobile target man for example..

I don't feel like he has brought in players to play in a 4-4-2. I think Pearson has always favoured 4-4-2 in the past because it's a system to which a wide variety of players can adapt, and which is easy for limited players to get to grips with (case in point: Hodgson's England).

The players he's brought in are dynamic, creative central midfielders and wide players who are more likely to attack the box than hit the byline and whip a ball in. If he wanted 4-4-2 as his main priority I think he'd have gone out and bought a big striker, some wingers who can get the ball high into the box and more robust, athletic but less creatively minded centre mids.

Schmeichel

de Laet Morgan St. Ledger(?) Konchesky

James

Drinkwater Danns

Vardy---------------------------Marshall

Nugent

I'm speculating, I could be totally off, but it doesn't feel like he's building a 4-4-2.

Archived