Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trickyfox

Formation for next season

OK...

------------------Kasper

De Laet----Morgan---ZW----Konchesky

---------Danns-------DD--------------------

Nugent--------Marshall----------Vardy

--------------Beckford-------------------

Feel like i'm missing a couple out there, but that'd be my XI I think

Now we've brought the new lad in, I'd line up,

GK: Kasper

RB: De Laet

CB: Whitbread

CB: Morgan

LB: Konchesky

CM: King

CM: James

CAM: Marshall

LW: Vardy

RW: Knockhaert

ST: Nugent

Logan, St. Ledger, Drinkwater, Danns, Dyer, Beckford, Waghorn (Left Gallagher out eventually, think we've actually, though I know many will disagree, got a really strong midfield now. Edit: And Futacs! Think we could do with moving a few players out to accommodate everyone important.)

Now we've brought the new lad in, I'd line up,

GK: Kasper

RB: De Laet

CB: Whitbread

CB: Morgan

LB: Konchesky

CM: King

CM: James

CAM: Marshall

LW: Vardy

RW: Knockhaert

ST: Nugent

Logan, St. Ledger, Drinkwater, Danns, Dyer, Beckford, Waghorn (Left Gallagher out eventually, think we've actually, though I know many will disagree, got a really strong midfield now. Edit: And Futacs! Think we could do with moving a few players out to accommodate everyone important.)

I'd go with that, but I'd probably start Danns over King or James.

I think the squad's looking pretty strong now. I think there's still room for a backup centre half, or maybe a right back instead if Peltier leaves. Then maybe a defensive midfielder, and that should be it.

Home (442)

Kasper

De Laet Morgan Whitbread Konch

Knockheart Drinkwater Danns Marshall

Nuge/Waggy Vardy/Futacs

Front two dependent on partnership form and opposition

Away (4141)

Kasper

Morgan Whitbread Konch

Drink

Knock Danns King Marshall

Nugent

Waggy and Vardy both possible wing options.

Having not seen James yet not sure where he would fit, possibly a more defensive midfielder thank Drinks.

Not included Beckford and Pelts because reckon they'll be off.

I will await judgement untill I have see some of these new players perform in a competitive match.

Going on last season I think some of you have been using rose tinted glasses the way some of the team played.

" You can't be serious" has got to be the saying !!.

Not sure on the team but no doubt the formation is 442 as this is pearson with his own players in now.

But Kasper, danns, nugent, morgan, konch and marshall are all solid starters for me and the rest I can't really predict

Not sure on the team but no doubt the formation is 442 as this is pearson with his own players in now.

But Kasper, danns, nugent, morgan, konch and marshall are all solid starters for me and the rest I can't really predict

i agree with that but i actually dont think Danns is an automatic starter but the rest are definitely

Who the fook knows, I haven't seen half our (prospective) team play.

But then again we are managed by NFP and it is hard to imagine us setting up as anything but 4-4-2.

4-4-2 long ball football is practically medieval but, so far at least, that is the way Pearson likes to play and I don't really expect this season to be any different.

Still, I live in hope....... :thumbup:

How the squad is now, I think the opening days team will be this:

Kasper

DeLaet. Morgan. Whitbread. Konch

Gally. Drinky. Danns. Dyer

Nuge. Beckford

Subs:

Knocky

Conrad

Futacs

King

Moore

Vardy

James

Straight 4-4-2

What's Ben done wrong? :(

Basically if James can play holding role we have a cracking side.

If he can't, then we have the same old shite - a chasm between defence and midfield whilst we play five attacking midfielders.

In James we trust?

I love reading these formations and find myself nodding in agreement at so many selections and options. But isn't it interesting how many preface their selection with "but here's what I think we'll play" or some derivative ? How many people on here - hand on heart - honestly think we'll kick off with anything other than a 442 ? Yet, (and I hope this is just me feeling anxious unnecessarily), that seems to be the shape / personnel we are least effective with when we all pretend to be a "football manager" with our thoughts and preferences ?? What does that say ?? (Other than I'm feeling pissed off with life today and have too much time on my hands).

Archived