Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Leicester City are to build a Futsal Arena for the 'School of excellence'

As it says in the title, been told LCFC are to build a Futsal arena for the school of excellence. As already posted we were too late to apply/get things ready for this year/next season. These Thais aren't here to f*** around. Things will be getting good soon ;)

Is this an indoor stadium if do where would it be there's surely not enough space at Belvoir Drive?

Edit just found this - http://www.maltafutsalschool.com/why-futsal/what-is-futsal/

When I say arena it will be like the dome we already have down there now, Futsal only though so im told. A lot of money will be invested into this new academy system and I mean a lot.

When I say arena it will be like the dome we already have down there now, Futsal only though so im told. A lot of money will be invested into this new academy system and I mean a lot.

I guess it depends on whether they provide space for an audience, would be good if it did.

seems like Swindon have a public one - http://www.futsaluk.net/swindon-futsal-arena.php

I just have my doubts they have the space for all this development.

I guess it depends on whether they provide space for an audience, would be good if it did.

seems like Swindon have a public one - http://www.futsaluk....utsal-arena.php

I just have my doubts they have the space for all this development.

Maybe they could build it somewhere other than the training ground and open it to the public when not in use by the academy or is that breaking the rules?

Guest MattP

I've seen kids play it for years now in various forms and I still can't work out how he helps them develop....

I've seen kids play it for years now in various forms and I still can't work out how he helps them develop....

Ask the Spanish and Brazillians. That's how they move the ball so fast.

The ball is smaller (a size 4), heavier and doesn't bounce. It places emphasis on close control, dribbling and ball retention. As the ball is heavier it is easier to control and allows you to keep your head up as you play. I recommend you play and you'll see the difference it can make.

The ball is smaller (a size 4), heavier and doesn't bounce. It places emphasis on close control, dribbling and ball retention. As the ball is heavier it is easier to control and allows you to keep your head up as you play. I recommend you play and you'll see the difference it can make.

This. This and this. Excellent game to play very fast though. Can improve a players technical game no end.

What others have said.

Massive in developing technical ability of young players as you are forced to keep the ball on the deck. As a result, control and ball retention really develop. It'd be a fantastic plus with the players just starting out in the school of excellence.

This is part of what the FA want to encourage in conjunction with St. George's Park at Burton, something that could help do for the English game what we've seen with the Spanish and German set-ups over the past decade.

Positive development that shows the Thais want us to be a good footballing side producing its own players for years to come.

I agree the ball is easier to control, but that's not going to make you a better player when you start playing with a proper football.

Some kids grow up playing with tennis balls, rubber balls, rolled up paper etc. If you can control that then playing with a football is easy by comparison. That might explain why the south americans used to have such great touch. Now they're playing Futsal and lumping it like the rest of us :)

Guest MattP

Ask the Spanish and Brazillians. That's how they move the ball so fast.

I know it's big in Brazil but I know a guy who has spent considerable time at La Masia and he never mentioned futsal being used.

Guest MattP

Same with the Dutch, they practice 5/6 a side because it encourages quick touch, on the deck passing play.

I completely agree with youth playing 5-6 a side, massive benefit on touch and passing, don't understand the reason to do it with a tiny ball though.

I completely agree with youth playing 5-6 a side, massive benefit on touch and passing, don't understand the reason to do it with a tiny ball though.

Playing with a small ball improves control, because you have to be more accurate with your feet. It's like Muhammed Ali training with lead in his gloves and boots - it makes the real thing seem easier.

Guest MattP

Playing with a small ball improves control, because you have to be more accurate with your feet. It's like Muhammed Ali training with lead in his gloves and boots - it makes the real thing seem easier.

Clay always said that was a myth.

I still don't see why you just wouldn't use a normal football and do the same thing.

I still don't see why you just wouldn't use a normal football and do the same thing.

Pele grew up playing with rolled up socks and balls of string (or so the legend goes). He credited it with improving his ball control. He said after that, controlling a football was easy

Myth or not, doing that would definitely be effective. If you handicap yourself in training, then you'll find things a lot easier once you lose the handicap for the real event.

I still can't see why you don't see how a smaller ball is helpful.

A smaller ball is harder to control than a normal size. With a small ball, you have to be more precise with your control, so if you can become a good player using a smaller ball, then controlling a normal sized ball becomes easy by comparison.

Archived