Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Leicester City are to build a Futsal Arena for the 'School of excellence'

As it says in the title, been told LCFC are to build a Futsal arena for the school of excellence. As already posted we were too late to apply/get things ready for this year/next season. These Thais aren't here to f*** around. Things will be getting good soon ;)

Where have you heard this little tidbit of juicy gossip from? How much truth do you think is in it. If its true, its a great sign from the Thais.

Guest MattP

Pele grew up playing with rolled up socks and balls of string (or so the legend goes). He credited it with improving his ball control. He said after that, controlling a football was easy

Pele said a lot of things, he said El-Hadju Diouf was in the top 100 of all time, he guaranteed an African side would win the World cup by 2000, he talks more shit than anyone in football.

Myth or not, doing that would definitely be effective. If you handicap yourself in training, then you'll find things a lot easier once you lose the handicap for the real event.

I still can't see why you don't see how a smaller ball is helpful.

A smaller ball is harder to control than a normal size. With a small ball, you have to be more precise with your control, so if you can become a good player using a smaller ball, then controlling a normal sized ball becomes easy by comparison.

I agree but that generally comes in harder sparring and 10oz gloves in boxing training, Ali wasn't exactly a big puncher either in terms of heavyweights in those days.

Surely we should make them play with a golf ball then to improve control if its the smaller the better?

I know it's big in Brazil but I know a guy who has spent considerable time at La Masia and he never mentioned futsal being used.

But then, you aren't allowed to talk about what they do in La Masia so he wouldn't say, would he?

Pele said a lot of things, he said El-Hadju Diouf was in the top 100 of all time, he guaranteed an African side would win the World cup by 2000, he talks more shit than anyone in football.

True, but he knew how to trap a football, so must have done something right in his younger days

Practicing with tennis balls etc helped my game as a kid (couldn't afford a football back then). Other kids used to compliment me on my ball control. It was the running and shooting bit I had a problem with

Where have you heard this little tidbit of juicy gossip from? How much truth do you think is in it. If its true, its a great sign from the Thais.

From someone close to LCFC. Good sings to come though we already have a good academy this is just taking it to the next level.

If we can develop some sort of philosophy like Arsenal and Barcelona do with their academies and the transition the players make into the first team than success will come eventually. Good positive signs for the future.

Clay always said that was a myth.

I still don't see why you just wouldn't use a normal football and do the same thing.

Might sound like bollocks here but I find playing with a small ball helps with your passing and the weight of it.

Has anyone seen the Pepe v Tito futsal game from last year? Quality despite it being a laugh

I agree but that generally comes in harder sparring and 10oz gloves in boxing training, Ali wasn't exactly a big puncher either in terms of heavyweights in those days.

Surely we should make them play with a golf ball then to improve control if its the smaller the better?

Well you've already said it was a myth about the lead in his gloves and boots, so that's moot. The point remains - more resistance means more strength needed, which means more efficient training. Why do you think the best weightlifters lift heavier weights than beginners?

A golf ball would be going too far, because it's impossible to get your toes underneath it - it's too far removed from a standard football to be helpful to train players for actually playing the game. However, if you can do keepy-uppies with a golf ball, then you would find it very easy with a normal sized football.

If this news is true, then it's a very good sign. FFP might nullify our current financial advantage by preventing us overspending on transfer fees and wages, but investment in the academy is unaffected by the new rules iirc. Hopefully, if the owners are clever about it, we might see the results of their investment a few years down the line through home grown players.

If there was any doubt in anyones mind about wether the Thais were in this for the long haul then this should allay their fears.

There is absolutely nothing to be gained in the short term for the Thais in this at all...

weve just had new changing rooms built for the dome but the old ymca pitch (next to the naughty bastards flats) is now a full size top quality all weather plastic pitch (the bollox) .its not officially open yet but is tremendous . floodlit too . remember we have the rest of ymca area to work with as weve done a deal with them . i havent heard about any futsal yet tho ?

Guest MattP

If there was any doubt in anyones mind about wether the Thais were in this for the long haul then this should allay their fears.

There is absolutely nothing to be gained in the short term for the Thais in this at all...

Brilliant, I was worried about the 15million a loss year and the 57million debt to ASI.

I'm ok though now we've got Futsal.

This is a step in the right direction. Many owmers just plough cash into playing staff and forget about the redt of the club. I'm glad that our owners have put money into other areas of the club to improve it for the long term.

Futsal is a great way to improve players ball skills and technique, it combines 5 a side indoor with beach football, something which many people think is part of the reason Brazil are usually technically gifted.

• 2 weeks later...

Hope this happens, I'd like to see Futsal played more in England for youngsters, encourages fast-paced passing football and improves technique, a cracking little understudy style of football to the thing itself.

Great news if it happens.

Always found a few problems with Futsal. All players control ball with sole of foot not good for 11 aside. I agree futsal helps with fast paced game but why not just play 5/6 aside at Goals or Sport leagues. This is still fast paced and will help all players improve technique, passing and control.

Clay always said that was a myth.

I thought you'd boxed at amateur level?

Surely in training you would have shadow boxed with dumbells or wrist weights then taken them off to spar?

Hand speed increases dramatically.

Hope this happens, I'd like to see Futsal played more in England for youngsters, encourages fast-paced passing football and improves technique, a cracking little understudy style of football to the thing itself.

Great news if it happens.

This

I think it's great that the club are forward thinking regarding coaching techniques and youth development.

I thought you'd boxed at amateur level?

Surely in training you would have shadow boxed with dumbells or wrist weights then taken them off to spar?

Hand speed increases dramatically.

My son boxes at a gym in the town, like I used to.

What you said is true.

Shadow boxing with dumbells is frequently done.

The emphasis these days is on aerobic training with light weights ( as in light dumbbells, bar weights etc) rapidly, combined with crunches and lunges within the same routine.

I used to play with marbles, improved my touch but I kept losing the ball.

I used to play with my balls until I lost my marbles.

If anyone watched the Brazil game the other day, Neymar grew up playing futsal and that's why his touch/control is unbelievable. Every time he did something good the commentators would say 'and that's what you get from playing so much futsal'

Don't know if that's been mentioned at all but yeah, that's my input :D

If anyone watched the Brazil game the other day, Neymar grew up playing futsal and that's why his touch/control is unbelievable. Every time he did something good the commentators would say 'and that's what you get from playing so much futsal'

Don't know if that's been mentioned at all but yeah, that's my input :D

You're correct. Excellent game to play.

Archived