Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trickyfox

First half, half an half, never a full half

Over the last few seasons of watching city it has always amazed me how we never seem to be able to get a grip of the first half. We take so long to get up and running and only seem to come alive during the second half, why we can't hit the ground running and take a grip of a game early on is beyond me.. I know that you are not going to boss a game for the full 90 minutes. but if we would have shown a little more aggressive play or a quicker pace of play early on the score line could have been different...

Also...

Pearsons comments after the match....

“We should have won, which sounds a bit strange to say when we went 2-0 down" After Charlton.... WE LOST NIGEL

what????????????????? (sorry)

and.....

" And the result is the most important thing" after Peterborough game.... YEAH you bet your bottom dollar, that’s what you are paid for to get results...

Over the last few seasons of watching city it has always amazed me how we never seem to be able to get a grip of the first half. We take so long to get up and running and only seem to come alive during the second half, why we can't hit the ground running and take a grip of a game early on is beyond me.. I know that you are not going to boss a game for the full 90 minutes. but if we would have shown a little more aggressive play or a quicker pace of play early on the score line could have been different...

Also...

“We should have won, which sounds a bit strange to say when we went 2-0 down" After Charlton.... WE LOST NIGEL

and.....

" And the result is the most important thing" after Peterborough game.... YEAH you bet your bottom dollar, that’s what you are paid for to get results...

I agree with all of the first bit and it frustrates the hell out of me. It's like we're finding out how the opposition are playing before we impose ourselves on them. Needs addressing!

Don't really get the bit about Pearson's post match comments though? They're both true, if we'd have taken our late chances last night we would've won, not necessarily deserving of it though. And although the performance wasn't the best on Saturday we picked up the 3 points. Tough game next

Also...

and.....

Not sure what you are getting at with the quotes? We should have won with the chances we had and results are what matter?

I'm glad Tricky's quotes were both selective and ridiculous, I was starting to get concerned that I actually agreed with what he was saying until I read them.

But Babs, you're right. For at least the first 20 mins and all of the 2nd half we were all over them. I can't remember seeing a game with that many chances in it that we failed to take. Dominate was an understatement.

Tricky is half right though, we still don't seem to have shaken the curse of last year where we can't compete for a full 90 mins. That said, Vardy had a glorious chance in the first half to take the lead, and in the 2nd half we had hundreds. Had one of those chances gone in I genuinely believe we would have gone on to score a load more..

OS

Leicester City manager Nigel Pearson admitted his side should have been more clinical at Charlton on Tuesday night, as they suffered their first defeat of the new npower Championship campaign.

Trailing 2-0 at the break courtesy of goals from Addicks front-men Bradley Wright-Phillips and Yann Kermorgant, the Foxes looked set to force their way back into the game at The Valley when substitute Andy King pulled one back soon after the break.

But Pearson’s side saw numerous opportunities go begging during a second period in which they encouraged with their creativity, but disappointed with their finishing.

“We should have won, which sounds a bit strange to say when we went 2-0 down,” Pearson told Foxes Player after the game.

“In the first half, we didn’t react to turnovers quickly enough and conceded two poor goals, but throughout the whole of the game we created a number of opportunities.

“I thought their front two were a handful, but our back four stood up pretty well to that. We just didn’t deal with one or two situations well enough. In the second half, we bossed it and the frustrating thing is that we created enough opportunities to win a number of games.

“I’m not particularly happy at the moment, but I was pleased with the response. We just cannot afford to let ourselves get into that situation.

“We played some pretty good football tonight, but when you lose games you have to be honest enough to recognise the reasons for it. The goals we conceded were soft goals and we haven’t taken enough of our chances.”

The thread isn’t pointless, the point of the thread is that if we are serious about getting promotion this season then we must be going to places like Charlton and winning. Bossing the game, grinding out the result, we have failed at the first hurdle.... And comments like “we should have won†are pointless....

we have failed at the first hurdle

Second hurdle, you mean.

Football isn't an exact science. Although we lost, that particular performance probably would have got us 3 points any other day. If we carry on playing as we have so far and learn from the mistakes, we should have a good season.

No team wins every match.

The thread isn’t pointless, the point of the thread is that if we are serious about getting promotion this season then we must be going to places like Charlton and winning. Bossing the game, grinding out the result, we have failed at the first hurdle.... And comments like “we should have won†are pointless....

He's talking about what happened in the game, would you rather he didn't comment on it?

Same old lets over react about everything attitude.

I wasn't there last night, but by all accounts, it sounds like we did boss the game, except for 20 minutes. Away from home, that is a very good sign.

I can sort of see what you mean by saying "we should have won" is a pointless comment. I think you mean when you lose, you get the same points for getting thrashed 6-0 as you do for dominating a match but not putting the ball in the net and losing 2-1. I disagree, though. Clearly there is a big difference. You're much closer to picking up good results if the team is performing well, as in the latter of those two examples.

This is football. Because it's so difficult to score, there are games where the better side loses and weaker teams nick results. You don't always get what you deserve in this sport. The time to worry is when we are getting thrashed and not creating enough chances.

Well it is, because you been selective in the quotes you used.

You'd have more credibility if a) you responded to all his quotes and b) you didn't have a reputation for doing this before.

oooohh I have a reputation, Was this reputation born from my common sense approach and intelligent threads which appear from time to time on the this excellent forum....

No, it's born from your pointless threads and woeful use of font.

Well we didnt take time to hit the ground running last night, we started quite well just as soon as we conceded they did the usual completely lost the grip on the game and just tried to hoof it to two strikers who cant really act as target men against two cbs who are known as good headers of the ball.

Well we didnt take time to hit the ground running last night, we started quite well just as soon as we conceded they did the usual completely lost the grip on the game and just tried to hoof it to two strikers who cant really act as target men against two cbs who are known as good headers of the ball.

Spot on.....

Do you get warning points for creating pointless threads?

This is pointless because there is a whole thread dedicated to Charlton post match bleating, it really didn't warrant a new thread.

Not pointless as I was bringing up the fact that we start slow in games, which several persons have also commented on

warning points????????????????????????????

Archived