Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
southwest fox

another defeat

Same story as last year though.. Most used phrases...

"we played better than them.."

" we didn't deserve to lose "

" they only had two shots! We had lots more!"

" Pearson will get it right"

" if we stop conceding goals we will be ok"

" it's ok, there are loads of games left.."

Bottom line...3 points from 9. Two consecutive defeats... It's all that matters.

Tell me what games we played so well in last year then and lost?

I dont think that we will be promoted this year. If we don't win on Saturday, I think our board will be looking at getting rid of NP.

yeah and waste more money of letting pearson go and getting a new manager and backroom staff in....its not a sensible idea after 3 matches imo

I dont think that we will be promoted this year. If we don't win on Saturday, I think our board will be looking at getting rid of NP.

Personally I am right behind any manager and team that put the effort and attitude into performances like I just witnessed. If we continue in that vain we will win plenty, of that I am sure, and the team and Pearson will have my full support.

If we don't win next week. We will be in the relagation zone.

Our board who have got rid of Managers too early (look at Sven) will not like this one bit. I am behind NP, It's way too early to get rid of the Manager. Wait till at least January

If we don't win next week. We will be in the relagation zone.

Our board who have got rid of Managers too early (look at Sven) will not like this one bit. I am behind NP, It's way too early to get rid of the Manager. Wait till at least January

If we play like that and are not falling too far behind then he gets the whole season if it was up to me. He has my SUPPORT while he tries to win games, even if we lose a few along the way.

Hello all,

I watched the entire 90mins on a stream and thats the best ive seen us play over 90mins for a long long time

We were excellent - I think the only poor performer was Paul Konchevsky at left back who sadly gifted them their first and in general his play was sloppy

On another day we would have won this easily

The stream didnt show a clear replay of Vardy's "second" but looked well onside

The team must feel pretty low

I went to Charlton as well and for long periods we were the best team

I hate relying on the luck aspect of matches but today we just didnt get it

Ok Pedersen's touch was Prem class with a finish to boot but his chance all came about from a blocked effort that looped straight into his path

I say, roll your sleeves up boys and we will get our rewards very soon

I fear for Burton and some of the other teams in the Championship to be honest

There was a real team aspect to the performance today and although defeated I was proud of performance granted a little frustrated but then hey we support Leicester :)

I'm not worried, I'm sure Pearson's not worried and I'm sure the owners aren't worried either. The performances are there, the results will come.

I am more worried about the people who are so worried already. It does help me decide whose opinions have some thought behind them though and whose to disregard as ramblings.

So the performances are encouraging but the results go against us?

Just need to grin and bear it until we turn it around?

Sounds depressingly familiar.

Again I keep asking the question but nobody answers. Tell me what games we bossed and lost last year?

Our problem last year was that we lost and didn't boss games. The only similarities to last year are the number of points on the board.

Hello all,

I watched the entire 90mins on a stream and thats the best ive seen us play over 90mins for a long long time

We were excellent - I think the only poor performer was Paul Konchevsky at left back who sadly gifted them their first and in general his play was sloppy

On another day we would have won this easily

The stream didnt show a clear replay of Vardy's "second" but looked well onside

The team must feel pretty low

I went to Charlton as well and for long periods we were the best team

I hate relying on the luck aspect of matches but today we just didnt get it

Ok Pedersen's touch was Prem class with a finish to boot but his chance all came about from a blocked effort that looped straight into his path

I say, roll your sleeves up boys and we will get our rewards very soon

I fear for Burton and some of the other teams in the Championship to be honest

There was a real team aspect to the performance today and although defeated I was proud of performance granted a little frustrated but then hey we support Leicester :)

I agree, and I also think the Burton match will come at just the right time. I think there is a danger that the last two results could damage morale and let nerves creep in, but now we have a home cup tie against lower league opposition. If we can play half as well on Tuesday as we did today, we might see a cricket score. It's a great opportunity for the players to sort out their finishing and boost confidence, anyway.

The difference is last season we never had a clue...we were so predictable teams sat back..let us pass it around to we lost it then breakaway on the counter.

This season we will also lose the ball on the counter,but at least we look like a side that will create numerous chances,i firmly believe when it finally clicks we are going to go on a really good run

Well reading had an awful start last season so I hope it turns around... However I don't care how well we played... It's irrelevant if we played like Barcelona or Bognor regis... We got 0 points!!!!

So everyone who is happy with the last two performances where we 'didn't deserve to lose' is ok with the fact we got 0 points because we played well?????

Wake up and smell the coffee!! Its about points!

It's exactly the same argument fans use when they say you are " too good to go down". Rubbish. You are as good as the points you get.

Blackburn scored 2, we scored 1. We lost. We were not good enough to win. Simple.

Well reading had an awful start last season so I hope it turns around... However I don't care how well we played... It's irrelevant if we played like Barcelona or Bognor regis... We got 0 points!!!!

So everyone who is happy with the last two performances where we 'didn't deserve to lose' is ok with the fact we got 0 points because we played well?????

Wake up and smell the coffee!! Its about points!

It's exactly the same argument fans use when they say you are " too good to go down". Rubbish. You are as good as the points you get.

Blackburn scored 2, we scored 1. We lost. We were not good enough to win. Simple.

I remember the 'too good to go down' phrase when we were under Holloway. Even most of my mates used it on a Saturday night when we were out boozin.

It's up there with... 'things will come good', 'we'll turn a corner' and my own personal fave 'time to gel'. Or, may I add a more contemporary one: 'sucker punch'.

You're quite right, 3 points out of 9 equals poor start. We may be playing better, but no one knows how the next two fixtures will go.

Again I keep asking the question but nobody answers. Tell me what games we bossed and lost last year?

Our problem last year was that we lost and didn't boss games. The only similarities to last year are the number of points on the board.

Last year is over - who cares - this season is going up in smoke as we watch

Archived