Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
southwest fox

another defeat

In the side's defence.

We have Futacs to come in (who would have been perfect in the closing stages today). We can boot the ball up to him and the likes of Nugent and Vardy will *in theory* pick up the pieces and we can go from there.

We also have Whitbread to come in, we've been playing a 19 year old at the back.

I am not worried after watching that performance. We were desperatly unlucky and if we play like that over the season, we will come out of games on top much more than a defeat. We completly outclassed Blackburn in open play and just for a couple of great moments by them, we would have won this game under any other circumstance.

Guest BlueBrett

Was the disallowed goal definitely onside then? My stream kept lagging and I didn't get to see the replay. Looked very tight first time I saw it.

I'd rather have 3 points after 3 games and our players than 7 points and Blackburn's. The boys will come good

Can't believe how ****in miserable you lot are. We were excellent today and so unlucky.

Limit the opposition to 3 half chances, and create 6/7 good chances ourselves every week and we will do well.

If you're gonna moan, do it about the linesman, or the shit luck we get, or how much of a nob Steve Kean is.

Was the disallowed goal definitely onside then? My stream kept lagging and I didn't get to see the replay. Looked very tight first time I saw it.

I'd rather have 3 points after 3 games and our players than 7 points and Blackburn's. The boys will come good

From what I could see it looked like Vardy was onside but Nugent was slightly off but he did not interfere with play so the goal should have stood.

Absolutely no reason to panic the results will come look at Reading last year lost 4 of their opening 6 games and won only 4 of their opening 15 games and look where they ended up. We were unlucky today by far the better side and a bad decision from the officials has cost us points. Any call for Pearson to be sacked is ridiculous and we'll only go backwards with chopping and changing. I've seen enough from us in the opening 3 games to suggest we'll be up there come May.

Can't believe how ****in miserable you lot are. We were excellent today and so unlucky.

Limit the opposition to 3 half chances, and create 6/7 good chances ourselves every week and we will do well.

If you're gonna moan, do it about the linesman, or the shit luck we get, or how much of a nob Steve Kean is.

You should read the thread before trying to claim the high ground. This thread is probably the most positive reaction to a defeat I've ever seen on ft

Absolutely no reason to panic the results will come look at Reading last year lost 4 of their opening 6 games and won only 4 of their opening 15 games and look where they ended up. We were unlucky today by far the better side and a bad decision from the officials has cost us points. Any call for Pearson to be sacked is ridiculous and we'll only go backwards with chopping and changing. I've seen enough from us in the opening 3 games to suggest we'll be up there come May.

Has anybody said Pearson out?

long term we're on the right track.

i just pray we don't lose next week. i fear our fickle fans and eager owners could make some disastrous and irrational calls which would be completely counter-productive.

You should read the thread before trying to claim the high ground. This thread is probably the most positive reaction to a defeat I've ever seen on ft

So it should be, we were excellent today. And I have read the thread! p1 is not exactly 'positive'! Maybe I just live an amazingly happy and optimistic life :unsure:

There is no such thing as a 'sucker punch'.. This is basically a goal the opposition scores when a team has pushed too far forward leaving yourself exposed to their attacks.

Although the signs are encouraging going forward, we must stop conceding goals away from home. This needs addressing.

3 points from 9, however well we have played, is a bad start and puts us near the bottom.

I remain positive, if we stop conceding goals so readily away from home.

Same story as last year though.. Most used phrases...

"we played better than them.."

" we didn't deserve to lose "

" they only had two shots! We had lots more!"

" Pearson will get it right"

" if we stop conceding goals we will be ok"

" it's ok, there are loads of games left.."

Bottom line...3 points from 9. Two consecutive defeats... It's all that matters.

Archived