Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Would we win every game and never concede if it wasn't for officials?

I'm sorry but this has got to be said, we are blaming the officials for going 1-0 to Burton Albion, now i'm not being funny, I dislike referees and officials as much as the next person, I understand they make mistakes and it's a hard job, however on the other hand it pisses me off the amount of time we concede a goal and according to alot of people on here - It's thanks to the officials, we lose or fail to win - It's because the officials did us over...again.

9 times out of 10 our failure to defend, our failure to score, our failure to win a game is down to an official according to people on here, so in my theory and mind set - If it wasn't for officials mistakes, if we had technology and everything was run perfectly to the letter of law no arguments over mistakes are people telling me we'd win every game? we'd never concede?

I have now seen the disallowed goal on Saturday it was offside agreed, tonight, i'm not at the game it may not have been a foul in the lead up to their goal, but do we ever take note and mention when we gain advantage to an officials mistake? Nope, very rare you see that.

I'm just sick and tired of this excuse, like I said I slag officials off myself, I'm not denying that, but I know the line between blaming an official for an individual mistake during a game and when our team are responsible for us not winning - Not the referee.

If it was me, I wouldn't be moping around feeling sorry for myself, it'd galvanize me, make me try hard, make me want to get back at the officials and metaphorically stick 2 fingers up at the officials - Just like it would if the fans were on my back and booing me.

Exactly, it's too easy for fans to blame officials, don't get me wrong I give officials a lot of shit but I will rarely blame them for us conceding a goal.

There will always be something in the build up to a goal that we have conceded that we could have defended better before it came to a referee making a mistake.

Nobody blamed officials for losing to Charlton, the disallowed goal against Blackburn was a game changer, not sure what happened tonight I've not seen it so I can't comment but we don't blame every defeat on officials but I guess we do tend to go on about these mistakes for a long time after the event.

Nobody blamed officials for losing to Charlton, the disallowed goal against Blackburn was a game changer, not sure what happened tonight I've not seen it so I can't comment but we don't blame every defeat on officials but I guess we do tend to go on about these mistakes for a long time after the event.

but nugent was offside and jumped up to head the ball that is interference, so it's offside.

You're right mate but you're wasting your time persisting with such sense on here

Leicester loss = ref crap/ ref hates us/ fa conspiracy

Adopt that mentality and you'll fit it. It's limiting though and is not conducive to progress but don't worry 'everything will be ok'

You're right mate but you're wasting your time persisting with such sense on here

Leicester loss = ref crap/ ref hates us/ fa conspiracy

Adopt that mentality and you'll fit it. It's limiting though and is not conducive to progress but don't worry 'everything will be ok'

So who did we blame against Charlton then?

If I could be bothered or if I was sad enough if I went through last seasons thread and the season before that and the season before that of the games we failed to win, I bet most would be blaming the officials.

Perhaps just ignore it if it bothers you so much?

Jesus - It wouldn't be much of a forum - I'd have ignored most of the users.

I'm sorry but this has got to be said, we are blaming the officials for going 1-0 to Burton Albion, now i'm not being funny, I dislike referees and officials as much as the next person, I understand they make mistakes and it's a hard job, however on the other hand it pisses me off the amount of time we concede a goal and according to alot of people on here - It's thanks to the officials, we lose or fail to win - It's because the officials did us over...again.

9 times out of 10 our failure to defend, our failure to score, our failure to win a game is down to an official according to people on here, so in my theory and mind set - If it wasn't for officials mistakes, if we had technology and everything was run perfectly to the letter of law no arguments over mistakes are people telling me we'd win every game? we'd never concede?

I have now seen the disallowed goal on Saturday it was offside agreed, tonight, i'm not at the game it may not have been a foul in the lead up to their goal, but do we ever take note and mention when we gain advantage to an officials mistake? Nope, very rare you see that.

I'm just sick and tired of this excuse, like I said I slag officials off myself, I'm not denying that, but I know the line between blaming an official for an individual mistake during a game and when our team are responsible for us not winning - Not the referee.

If it was me, I wouldn't be moping around feeling sorry for myself, it'd galvanize me, make me try hard, make me want to get back at the officials and metaphorically stick 2 fingers up at the officials - Just like it would if the fans were on my back and booing me.

People who continually blame officials are pathetic. End of. :facepalm::doh::banana:

Agree with this.

Every team gets bad decisions and there's no reason we should be an exception. There is no anti-Leicester conspiracy, nor do we get a disproportionately high amount of bad calls.

Wes Morgan's goal against Posh probably shouldn't have stood, for example.

but nugent was offside and jumped up to head the ball that is interference, so it's offside.

Then their first goal should have been ruled out, I'm not saying Murphy should have been sent off like some did, last season I can remember the Middlesbrough game that was an appalling ref and Becks' red card against Brighton, there were probably others but they are the only ones that spring to mind.

Then their first goal should have been ruled out, I'm not saying Murphy should have been sent off like some did, last season I can remember the Middlesbrough game that was an appalling ref and Becks' red card against Brighton, there were probably others but they are the only ones that spring to mind.

i'm sure for every mistake a ref/linesman gets wrong against us theres one that goes unnoticed for us.

Don't see many people having a go at the officials tonight :P

Or even mentioning his mistake - The game changer - The peno, I'm not complaing, i'll take that every game, what i'm pointing out is no-one has mentioned a dubious deicision going our way but last week you could hide from the fact the officials made a mistake.

Gotta take the rough with the smooth guys.

Or even mentioning his mistake - The game changer - The peno, I'm not complaing, i'll take that every game, what i'm pointing out is no-one has mentioned a dubious deicision going our way but last week you could hide from the fact the officials made a mistake.

The foul on Dyer was a stonewall penalty. The penalty that was actually given was still actually a penalty. Their defender has won the ball but by barging Vardy in the back sending him flying. Again Stonewall penalty. Marshall should have had 2 spot kicks.

The foul on Dyer was a stonewall penalty. The penalty that was actually given was still actually a penalty. Their defender has won the ball but by barging Vardy in the back sending him flying. Again Stonewall penalty. Marshall should have had 2 spot kicks.

This. We've not benefited because of the officials, in fact we've won in spite of them.

The officials were crap. but we deserved at least one penalty, all three of them were more of a penalty than the one Ollie was claiming, nice of Ollie to credit us with the assist, see the fans can make a difference.

Still not really sure what happened with the disallowed Nugent disallowed goal, if the ball was going in and it inadvertently touched him, he is not interfering with play, if it wasn't going in then it should have been ruled out, then there was the off side when Vardy tapped it in, was that a correct decision?

The officials were crap. but we deserved at least one penalty, all three of them were more of a penalty than the one Ollie was claiming, nice of Ollie to credit us with the assist, see the fans can make a difference.

Still not really sure what happened with the disallowed Nugent disallowed goal, if the ball was going in and it inadvertently touched him, he is not interfering with play, if it wasn't going in then it should have been ruled out, then there was the off side when Vardy tapped it in, was that a correct decision?

sorry, but that is just stupid.

Of course he is interfering with play, he is changing direction of the ball.

sorry, but that is just stupid.

Of course he is interfering with play, he is changing direction of the ball.

But not if it doesn't change the outcome, he was trying to avoid it from what I saw, but it took a deflection, which I'm not sure if that makes it a new phase, but the offside law is about as clear as mud at the moment,

Imagine the player had gone down injured on the goal line and was in an offside position, as the ball comes back in it hits the injured player on the way into the back of the net, is that offside?

If the ball is going in and it hits Nugent and still goes in, he has not interfered with play, the ball would have gone in either way, it wasn't a deliberate touch.

The only thing I'm not clear on is if the ball was going in or not when it hit Nugent.

But not if it doesn't change the outcome, he was trying to avoid it from what I saw, but it took a deflection, which I'm not sure if that makes it a new phase, but the offside law is about as clear as mud at the moment,

Imagine the player had gone down injured on the goal line and was in an offside position, as the ball comes back in it hits the injured player on the way into the back of the net, is that offside?

If the ball is going in and it hits Nugent and still goes in, he has not interfered with play, the ball would have gone in either way, it wasn't a deliberate touch.

The only thing I'm not clear on is if the ball was going in or not when it hit Nugent.

But you're always interfering with play if you touch the ball. You can be interfering with play if you don't touch the ball (see the Blackburn player standing in front of Kasper last week), but if you're standing offside and make any contact with the ball you're always offside, even if it doesn't necessarily change the outcome.

I'm pretty sure 'phases' are just different players touching the ball. For example, if after King had hit that shot (Nugent was standing offside) Nugent somehow moved into an onside position and it took a deflection off another one of our players, and then Nugent touched it in, I think it would have been allowed because King's shot would have been cancelled out in the offside issue. I think, I could be wrong.

I thought the ball was hitting the post from King.

Are you serious? 90% of people have said it was a joke. Look at the match thread and the post match thread.

Oh, some classic DANGEROUS TOOL for everyone....

People who continually blame officials are pathetic. End of. :facepalm::doh::banana:

We did not dominate like some people make out, and got that rather fortunate penalty, to bag the points.

Archived