Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest MattP

Would you take a mid-table finish this year with our finances back in tact?

196 members have voted

1. 1. Mid-Table and Self-Sufficient?

• Yes
    • No
    • Pearson Out

True, I think a lot of the fun has been eroded from the game as far as supporters go, back in the day the results seemed less important I went for a laugh, cheap tickets, standing etc.......now with so much fun taken out of going to games fans only hope of enjoyment comes from promotions or playing the big teams.

One of the best comments ever on FT

People need to enjoy the journey more, including its downs, and stop hanging their only enjoyment on the destination

True, I think a lot of the fun has been eroded from the game as far as supporters go, back in the day the results seemed less important I went for a laugh, cheap tickets, standing etc.......now with so much fun taken out of going to games fans only hope of enjoyment comes from promotions or playing the big teams.

One of the best comments ever on FT

People need to enjoy the journey more, including its downs, and stop hanging their only enjoyment on the destination

:appl:

Voted no. If you accept it this year then you have to accept it every year until owners who are prepared to spend more than the Thais. Cant see that happening any time soon, so if you accept it this year you're accepting it for the forseeable future.

This thread does confirm my suspicion that a lot of our fans have simply given up on promotion under Pearson, in which case why is he still here?

We have to become self sufficient in the next few seasons anyway because of FFP, that's something we have to accept whether we like it or not

Why did you think we're rich, any fool can go massively in debt to spend some money?

But even talking about richness, even the Bristol City owner is about 4 times richer than ours, who are worth small change compared to many owners of Championship clubs, Forest, Blackburn, Watford, Brighton, Leeds & many, many others

even not talking about personal wealth but just looking at club fincances, in the last published accounts we were about £60m in debt which will be higher in the next published accounts, probably meaning we're the skintest club in the Championship, where technically even the clubs with no money like P'boro have more money than us. Of course the debt in itself isn't a problem of course as long as you have the money to service it & its interest, but as we know we return a loss every year so the debt will simply be getting bigger.

We've simply got some owners that have spent future year's earnings (as many fans have wanted for a long, long time) so they've put some money in, knowing that they can cream our money for years to come to pay it back... When does this payback period start, this year, next year... 10 years time. Quite simply the longer you leave it the bigger it gets, it makes sense to have a period of getting it under control...

Although it's obvious our fans don't live in the real world and celebrated our owner's spending of (for eg.) 2012/13's season ticket money without thinking about what we're going to do without that money in 2012/13, (perhaps we've spent 2014, 2015, 2020 who knows how long it will take a loss making club to make inroads into that debt. Not that I mean we physically spent that money but that is the effect of having money pushed in and then you later paying it back out of that future earning when you actually need that future earning to exist at the point in the future. Everyone likes spending money, but paying back spending isn't fun... and realistically we're probably not paying back but just reducing the rate we're adding to what we've already blown.

Blackburn & Bolton are making use of either years of Premiership money or the parachute payments, neither of which we have! So it's not really comparable what they do & in any case we spent far more than £8m on players in our squad some of whom aren't good enough to make the first 11.

Cracking post, the more I think about it the more I seriously think King Power coming here has been nothing short of a joke.

We've pretty much allowed King Power to be the face of this club and what are we getting for it? We're actually getting extremely little.

We're a joke.

Guest MattP

All these polls just go to show that the majority of our fans are actually quite decent and balanced in their views but it is the 10% or so that give us a bad name.

That was my intention with the poll, I'm actually amazed with the results, I was thinking I'd be in a 25-30% at the most minority.

All these polls just go to show that the majority of our fans are actually quite decent and balanced in their views but it is the 10% or so that give us a bad name.

The problem is that 10% is responsible for at least 50% of the posts on here.

please go and look at the league predictions on here , then the vote for midtable happiness ? they dont make sense one bit ? the truth is imo , most lcfc fans deep down know WE ARE a midtable team and thats all we deserve to be and the predictions for the league weren't a prediction but a dream of ours . i think a reality check has been taken by all . we just are not as good as we think we are .

Without doubt the appointment of Taylor post MoN must rank as the worst in the history of the club. We have never really recovered from it.

I'm can't help myself replying to this - I think it's the only time I've ever agreed with you! I sometimes think the psychological reverberations are still felt within the club today; they still are for me.

I'm can't help myself replying to this - I think it's the only time I've ever agreed with you! I sometimes think the psychological reverberations are still felt within the club today; they still are for me.

Read me more carefully and the wisdom will be clear........thanks anyway

Read me more carefully and the wisdom will be clear........thanks anyway

Thank you for showing me the error of my ways!

On the subject of promotion v sustainable progress, although I dearly want us to be back with the big boys after such a long absence, I think we have to patient and expect it to take 2 seasons to happen; not just because of the need to trim our costs, but also because that is the way that NP builds a team - with meticulous care and patience. We might be lucky this season, but the squad might need just that little bit more honing.

I hope my faith in him will be justified.

Who says our finances are in a mess? We have millionaire owners. You people are mental, let the club worry about the finances (which i'm sure they are doing) and let us concentrate on getting behind the club to win promotion. Mid-table? Eff off.

Oh **** off.

Our millionaire owners haven't 'given' the club a penny. They have lent the club money through their business, which they will eventually want paid back (at 8% interest, according to rumours).

They don't give a damn about the long-term future of our club. They want to get us promoted into the 'Pwemmer Leeg' so that we will be on television in Asia playing in the King Power Stadium (with signs all around the ground with 'King Power' written on them), playing in shirts that have 'King Power' written on them. Their interest in us is as an advertising vehicle.

They don't even know anything about football, which is why they had to pay a management consultancy company to choose our kit manufacturer for them, and why they think fans want to buy reheated 'curry in a box' for £5 when they go to games.

Wake up.

Oh **** off.

Our millionaire owners haven't 'given' the club a penny. They have lent the club money through their business, which they will eventually want paid back (at 8% interest, according to rumours).

They don't give a damn about the long-term future of our club. They want to get us promoted into the 'Pwemmer Leeg' so that we will be on television in Asia playing in the King Power Stadium (with signs all around the ground with 'King Power' written on them), playing in shirts that have 'King Power' written on them. Their interest in us is as an advertising vehicle.

They don't even know anything about football, which is why they had to pay a management consultancy company to choose our kit manufacturer for them, and why they think fans want to buy reheated 'curry in a box' for £5 when they go to games.

Wake up.

That's not strictly true, they first of all bought the club and made a significant investment in doing so, they have also pumped money in in terms of King Power shirt and Stadium sponsorship, and finally the make a further investment every year. The rest they subsidise with loans.

They may not have pumped in the 57 million which is in loans from them, but they have put in a significant chunk, and have also made the funds available for those loans.

Oh **** off.

Wake up.

Never said our owners were perfect. What I am saying is that suddenly the forum is awash with financial experts. Like you have thought the finances over more than the owners of the club have. We know bugger all about the financial situation at the club, so why jump to the conclusion that we are in trouble?

Archived