Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
THEFATBASTARD

Attendance looks dire..

Mate go to as many games as you want. I did a test today and I have realised that if I bet on us to win, we lose (e.g. Charlton & Burton). So today, I bet on Blackpool to win, and they lost, meaning that we won. Therefore every week from now on I will bet on us to lose, we will win, and everyone will be happy!

my mate placed £60 today on `MORE THAN 10 CORNERS` at 5/6......... I think he had won in the first half.......Eeaassy money

I went today and took the missus and her brother. I had a great day out. The atmosphere was great and the overall performance was very good. Plus it was my first Saturday off since the beginning of July and I wanted to do something good with it!

Wasn't cheap though, and I can fully understand the issue with the pricing of the match tickets. If you have other priorities in life such as a mortgage / kids etc. then I can imagine that it could be very difficult to justify the costs to go and watch a game, especially considering petrol prices (if you live further away)!

I live 2.4 miles from the KP. have a ST and I couldn't be bothered to go either

I've got a season ticket but couldn't be arsed paying the train fare to get to Leicester, no real motivation to watch the shite NP keeps putting out.

In all fairness we're not playing horrifically today.

And for you two I'll share with you something I shared with another fair-weatherer last week:

I think it might be better for all concerned if you don't bother going then if/when we get promoted you can just buy the one-off ticket for the game that we clinch promotion.

It'll be like that Scunthorpe game where we were presented with the League One trophy and suddenly 30,000 people appeared. You could be one of them, others might sing "where were you when we were shit?" at you, you'll have to take that one on the chin, but surely it will be better than putting yourself through this torture.

If you go to see them winning week in, week out. To expect not to be disappointed every so often. If you can't help knee-jerk reactions, then this isn't the club for you. I hear they get 'that buzz' and 'that excitement' at Stamford Bridge and Old Trafford - and there's even the Etihad Stadium for the innovative these days. Maybe you could consider one/all of these options?

I think the board need to look at what Derby have achieved.

It's too easy to put it down to poor performances and/or a mediocre team, because Derby fans have had to put up with years of the same yet still get 28,000 plus most weeks.

That means cheaper matchday admission, cheaper season tickets, listening to the fans and acting on what they hear and focusing on making the ground as inclusive as possible; rather than do what is being done at the KP now and target more or less exclusively families with plentiful disposable income. The problem I see is that the "matchday experience" is desirable to families with young children but not necessarily fans between 18-30 who traditionally make up a significant part of football crowds.

There's plenty of work to be done and it needs doing before a mediocre season or two brings us down to Coventry levels.

95% agreed. The bit I didn't agree with - Derby. Whilst I think they absolutely shit on us for customer service and fan relations, I just checked their attendance.

20k. They've dropped immensely.

Fairweather "fans" piss me off as much as the next person, but I can actually understand non STH's not going to games like this. Lets be honest here, I'm years past all this "loyalty" crap because it means so little.

I have got absolutely no problem with people who don't want to pay £30 or more for a game that's on TV. The prices are without a doubt the biggest joke about English football and it's a problem that needs sorting ASAP.

However if you own a season ticket and "couldn't be arsed", that's a pretty poor show. That's very fairweather.

The attendance was embarrassing but I've been fully braced for appalling attendances as soon as I saw the ridiculous prices for tickets & season tickets, coupled with the fact we were on a crap run and the game was on TV.

The thing is funnily enough I think if Derby or Forest were in our exact position, neither would've managed 18,655.

standard reply ...when there is no answer..,. have a good night,.

You're an absolute tit. You make a thread criticising the attendance which you haven't contributed to in the slightest, and then use something that whilst I'm sorry to hear it, is 100% unrelated to your own hypocrisy.

I can't stand idiots who use things like that to try and gain and advantage in debate. It's embarrassing as fvck.

2 years ago I used to sit with my son and two others last year it was down to two this year I'm now on my own.

10 years ago my son was going regularly with 15 mates this year none of them go.

I'm not defending the pricing but let's say the attendance was season ticket holders plus 5000 that would give 150000 in takings. To get that at say £20 per ticket would require 7500 fans to pay. Would they have got that many extra people for a match on telly on the last weekend of the summer holidays?

Prices are too much but the club needs turnover and isn't guaranteed it by simply lowering prices. They can really only lower prices by either cutting costs or increasing other revenue streams quite dramatically and that is tough to do in today's economic climate.

I have an issue with the lack of membership deals. Last season i bought a 10 ticket just the ticket membership which covered the full blocks in the wing stands not just the first few rows. Cost £200 so twenty quid a game.

This season there is still no memberships 4 league games in which is ridiculous, So cost me £25 to watch the Posh game.

This game I just thought **** it ,especially as I couldn't get a service bus home as the last bus is 6.30 so for a ticket and transport would have been over £40 for a game on telly.That's without any food or drink.

The walk up prices are crazy especially for a televised game no other country would pay those prices and get nearly 19000 for a second division game. Football isn't recession proof even if it likes to think it is.

You could see that poor crowds were coming in the first game against Posh. Huge numbers of empty seats that used to be taken all the time. Dread to think what we will be getting on a cold Tuesday in Winter.

Speak for yourself...I've got a few quid... lol

I think the board need to look at what Derby have achieved.

It's too easy to put it down to poor performances and/or a mediocre team, because Derby fans have had to put up with years of the same yet still get 28,000 plus most weeks.

That means cheaper matchday admission, cheaper season tickets, listening to the fans and acting on what they hear and focusing on making the ground as inclusive as possible; rather than do what is being done at the KP now and target more or less exclusively families with plentiful disposable income. The problem I see is that the "matchday experience" is desirable to families with young children but not necessarily fans between 18-30 who traditionally make up a significant part of football crowds.

There's plenty of work to be done and it needs doing before a mediocre season or two brings us down to Coventry levels.

Sad but true.

I think it might be better for all concerned if you don't bother going then if/when we get promoted you can just buy the one-off ticket for the game that we clinch promotion.

It'll be like that Scunthorpe game where we were presented with the League One trophy and suddenly 30,000 people appeared. You could be one of them, others might sing "where were you when we were shit?" at you, you'll have to take

that one on the chin, but surely it will be better than putting yourself through this torture.

If you go to see them winning week in, week out.

To expect not to be disappointed every so often. If you can't help knee-jerk reactions, then this isn't the club for you. I hear they get 'that buzz'

and 'that excitement' at Stamford Bridge and Old Trafford - and there's even the Etihad Stadium for the innovative these days. Maybe you could consider one/all of these options?

The Scunthorpe game is not a good example.

I'm a season ticket holder, but live in London. I can't make it to most midweek games or some Saturday ones for that matter, but I go to about 16 or 17 home games per season. I know that other people do the same.

The point is that it's not the same 23,000 turning up every week. We probably do have 28 or 29,000 supporters who attend 10+ home games a season, they're just not all at the same games. So when we get to the end of a successful season, with the chance to see a trophy lifted, why shouldn't those supporters who've been to approaching half the home games be there? There might have been a few Johnny-come-latelys there, but certainly far fewer than you seem to imagine.

Archived