Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
THEFATBASTARD

Attendance looks dire..

So would we rather have lower attendances with better atmosphere or keep it quiet but get 25,000 in every week?

Would be interesting to know what people think....

Well that's similar to what we've had in the past - not quite 25K but 23Kish average and 25K now and again, and people have always complained about the atmosphere. I don't believe our atmosphere is any worse than other Championship grounds but we have had better numbers, and I'll settle for that now.

When we play big games now the stadium isn't full because the prices are so high - I think this in itself contributes to a negative atmosphere as people look around and think 'wtf is going on?' See Forest at home last season.

I don''t know if some people are suggesting that we get better atmosphere's with lower crowds but I don't think that's true at all.

Well that's similar to what we've had in the past - not quite 25K but 23Kish average and 25K now and again, and people have always complained about the atmosphere. I don't believe our atmosphere is any worse than other Championship grounds but we have had better numbers, and I'll settle for that now.

When we play big games now the stadium isn't full because the prices are so high - I think this in itself contributes to a negative atmosphere as people look around and think 'wtf is going on?' See Forest at home last season.

I don''t know if some people are suggesting that we get better atmosphere's with lower crowds but I don't think that's true at all.

Not true in itself, but more core supporters with less of the fairer weather supporters between them, maybe?

I'm not saying the missing 5,000 are all fair weather supporters, it was just a blip as it was on tv etc but still held up well against Forest & Derby who were 3pm kickoffs & especially Forest on the back of their new arrivals

Not true in itself, but more core supporters with less of the fairer weather supporters between them, maybe?

I'm not saying the missing 5,000 are all fair weather supporters, it was just a blip as it was on tv etc but still held up well against Forest & Derby who were 3pm kickoffs & especially Forest on the back of their new arrivals

I would have thought it would be the same number of core supporters otherwise you can't call them core and therefore if it's only those that are making the atmosphere the size of the crowd would be irrelevant.

I would have thought it would be the same number of core supporters otherwise you can't call them core and therefore if it's only those that are making the atmosphere the size of the crowd would be irrelevant.

What I meant was more core sat together & less spread out due to there being less 'other' supporters there

Only an opinion.. I wasn't there & don't know but I felt it was a good atmosphere on TV except latter stages of 1st half, rest of it was best I've heard for a long time

...was what I was going to say.

Of course like against Blackpool the atmosphere can be good with a small crowd, but I remember a number of great atmosphere's when we've had big crowds too, and average ones.

So in summary, I don't think the attendance is that big a factor in atmosphere either way, more important is the mood of the supporters, the team performance and the contribution of the away fans.

Surely they'd make more selling tickets more cheaply?

28,000 at an average cost of £20 a ticket = £560,000

18,000 at an average cost of £30 a ticket = £540,000

£20,000 is buttons to a club, and in all probability it wouldn't even be that with a pie and pint deal, but the difference in atmosphere that 10,000 extra fans would make could be invaluable.

What your forgetting is if we sell those extra tickets at a cheaper price think of the extra food and merchandise revenue.

What your forgetting is if we sell those extra tickets at a cheaper price think of the extra food and merchandise revenue.

I think it's been established numerous times that the catering is contracted out as for merchandise people tend to only buy one of everything that is likely to have a significant numerical mark up.

I'm all for lower prices but it will definitely have to come at the expense of something else, like profit or player wages. But it would seem that the majority prefer success over reduced wages not that current and past wage levels have brought us much success in fact I believe this is our longest spell outside the top tier since the 1920's and includes a drop to our lowest level.

To be honest for non ST holders from what I can tell the majority go to some games each season but not them all. With this one being on tv, it makes sense to skip this one and pay for a game that you can't watch on tv if you only go to a few a year. Chances are that most people skipped this because it was on tv and will go to other games later on in the season that aren't. For ST holders not to go is just insane unless some kind of emergency comes up. If the reason is because you couldn't be bothered, i'm wondering why anyone with half a brain would spend money on a season ticket only not to be bothered to actually use it.

would we get 10,000 more fans at £20 a ticket though?

I think someone worked out that if the board were to lower matchday prices by £10 across the board, we'd only need to sell an extra 2500 to recoup the difference.

I'm not sure if that's accurate but if it is, 2500 is more than within our reach. I reckon you could add 5k by making that kind of a price cut, easily.

I think someone worked out that if the board were to lower matchday prices by £10 across the board, we'd only need to sell an extra 2500 to recoup the difference.

I'm not sure if that's accurate but if it is, 2500 is more than within our reach. I reckon you could add 5k by making that kind of a price cut, easily.

It would certainly encourage me. I really have to pick and choose at the mo.

Didn't we get 27k when it was £20. Y'know, the pie and pint deal.

So they lower the by by £10, and give away £7 worth of food and we only just get 27k for one game. If the price was dropped by just the £10 how many would come to every game? One offs are fine to attract people, but no guarantee people would come to them all. You'd have to drop season ticket prices also.

If there is an upturn in form and we do well (lets remember they were probably expecting to after spending so much) then more people would come anyway. If you've set prices low then you've lost out on income of people paying full whack to see a team doing well.

I think you need to study the maths content in this video you posted. :P

:w00t:

That calculation was based on current season ticket holder numbers. You'd get less season tickets sold if normal prices were cheaper.

Archived