Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
THEFATBASTARD

Attendance looks dire..

More specifically it means giving out free season tickets :whistle:

That was part of it, of course it was. How much of an impact it actually had I don't know.

Derby fans were keen to point out that the STs only came with a handful of expensive contracts and therefore actually had minimal impact, but they would wouldn't they?

I'll have to check that one out. The important thing is though that a club like us should be getting higher attendances than we are. The ST sales aren't bad to be fair, but our matchday sales are absolutely awful. It needs addressing.

ST themselves could enhanced buy proper benefits, like a free shirt, matchday programme, food and drink offers. Just needs a little bit of imagination.

They could also do similar things for non ST holders but if they haven't got the motivation or consideration to sort out decent membership packages it makes me think they are quite happy as things stand.

To be fair,although the premier league attendances seem to be holding up reasonably well, a lot of attendances throughout the football league seem to be going down at the moment, especially at what would be seen traditionally as clubs with good support..

As has been mentioned, Derby had 20000 yesterday, which is well down on what they have got in previous years, Birmingham got just under 15000, Ipswich just under 17000, Forest 19000 and if you go into league one, the attendance that shocked me most was Sheffield United who only got 8000.

All the clubs ive mentioned would be expecting to average comfortably over 20000 in the past.

If this trend carries on, hopefully the clubs will wake up to the fact that they`re priceing themselves out of the reach of their fans, and will start to lower their prices.

I wouldn`t hold my breath though!

Yeh I was watching the FLS last night and thought that - in every game there were more empty seats than fans. It's terrible, really.

I just wish on the odd occasion you hear the Kop from L1 that L1 follow their chants.

It happened twice yesterday but We just seem stunned that the Kop are singing!

It's been said before but the stadium has been designed to force any spectator sound towards the pitch this makes it hard for different areas of the stands to hear each other and difficult to sing in unison.

That was part of it, of course it was. How much of an impact it actually had I don't know.

Derby fans were keen to point out that the STs only came with a handful of expensive contracts and therefore actually had minimal impact, but they would wouldn't they?

I'll have to check that one out. The important thing is though that a club like us should be getting higher attendances than we are. The ST sales aren't bad to be fair, but our matchday sales are absolutely awful. It needs addressing.

Yeh Agreed :thumbup:

ST themselves could enhanced buy proper benefits, like a free shirt, matchday programme, food and drink offers. Just needs a little bit of imagination.

They could also do similar things for non ST holders but if they haven't got the motivation or consideration to sort out decent membership packages it makes me think they are quite happy as things stand.

They did offer packages with those but they didn't half look dear.

Membership packages are available but the benefits are very, very limited.

They did offer packages with those but they didn't half look dear.

Membership packages are available but the benefits are very, very limited.

What did they offer and where are these memberships?

Have I missed something.

Exactly Davie, we've lacked a bit of imagination all rounds for a while.

To be fair, I don't think the ST stuff is that bad. I liked the packages you could take out this year (shirt / programme etc) but do think they could quite easily add better value. If you look at some other clubs, there are free shirt printing deals, magazines, TV channels, smartphone apps, meet the player days etc etc, loads of things they could do to interact with fans a little bit more which might be perceived as 'adding value' for fans. FoxesPlayer is a prime example, it should be included in the season ticket package.

For non-STH there is currently nothing, which I find frustrating. I bought membership for members of my family who couldn't get season tickets last year, mainly to get them up a priority level on away tickets. Given that they've not done that this year, they've lost £25 per person of additional turnover from my family. Membership needs to be brought back and enhanced. If you look at EnglandFans, you pay membership but that gets you discount in the shop and discounts on tickets. It wouldn't be hard to do the same thing with a membership plan with us, meaning the more games a member goes to, the more cost effective their membership becomes, and the more money the club makes.

I love the club, but they often don't get the basics right when it comes to engaging their fan base, and I find that frustrating.

I'm the only one who don't gives a fvck about an attendance? :dunno: What I care is good atmosphere and in my opinion the atmosphere was very good yesterday, specially second half.

Old, worn out Ring of Fire was class :chant:

Hmmm, I do care about the atmosphere of course (but it's not much use to me if I can't afford to experience it) but having attendances like yesterday just make us look a shit club. We're never going to get great success on the pitch but I'd at least like us to look good in terms of our support. One day I just hope to be there every other week in a full stadium with a great atmosphere. It would be a great feeling to be amongst that.

If we're honest, we're never going to match Derby and Forest's ahcievements back in the day but since I've supported us I've always thought our support was better and I'm proud of that. I realise Derby have had higher attendances in recent years, but as has been discussed their away support and their recent huge drop in numbers at home suggests it was more down to a well run club than them having amazing fans.

Exactly Davie, we've lacked a bit of imagination all rounds for a while.

To be fair, I don't think the ST stuff is that bad. I liked the packages you could take out this year (shirt / programme etc) but do think they could quite easily add better value. If you look at some other clubs, there are free shirt printing deals, magazines, TV channels, smartphone apps, meet the player days etc etc, loads of things they could do to interact with fans a little bit more which might be perceived as 'adding value' for fans. FoxesPlayer is a prime example, it should be included in the season ticket package.

For non-STH there is currently nothing, which I find frustrating. I bought membership for members of my family who couldn't get season tickets last year, mainly to get them up a priority level on away tickets. Given that they've not done that this year, they've lost £25 per person of additional turnover from my family. Membership needs to be brought back and enhanced. If you look at EnglandFans, you pay membership but that gets you discount in the shop and discounts on tickets. It wouldn't be hard to do the same thing with a membership plan with us, meaning the more games a member goes to, the more cost effective their membership becomes, and the more money the club makes.

I love the club, but they often don't get the basics right when it comes to engaging their fan base, and I find that frustrating.

I didn't think the shirt/st packages offered any significant saving it just allowed people to get in an early order, so the real benefit was for the club as they had an idea of potential sales and manage to get people to commit without seeing the product.

I didn't think the shirt/st packages offered any significant saving it just allowed people to get in an early order, so the real benefit was for the club as they had an idea of potential sales and manage to get people to commit without seeing the product.

No, you're right. It didn't represent a saving (other than the 10% you get as a STH) but it did allow me to manage the cost of an expensive process. Bar away tickets, I'm set for the season now and I know exactly how much a month it costs me, and it's spread over a longer period. I see that as a benefit. Where the club falls down is their ability to move people up the ladder to get more money from them: i.e. non-members to members, members to STH etc

Hmmm, I do care about the atmosphere of course (but it's not much use to me if I can't afford to experience it) but having attendances like yesterday just make us look a shit club. We're never going to get great success on the pitch but I'd at least like us to look good in terms of our support. One day I just hope to be there every other week in a full stadium with a great atmosphere. It would be a great feeling to be amongst that.

If we're honest, we're never going to match Derby and Forest's ahcievements back in the day but since I've supported us I've always thought our support was better and I'm proud of that. I realise Derby have had higher attendances in recent years, but as has been discussed their away support and their recent huge drop in numbers at home suggests it was more down to a well run club than them having amazing fans.

I couldn't care less about SKY / external opinion about our club. We, Lestoh, are the bee's knees anyway :scarf:

More committed fans and less fairweather moaners (like was yesterday) is what makes my MATCHDAY EXPERIENCE ( lol) not big crowds.

If I'd been able to buy a membership I'd have gone yesterday and I'm sure I'm not the only one. The fact that 4 weeks into the season they're still not available shows what a bunch of amateurs we have running the club at the minute.

Attendance was shit yesterday but Blackpool's support was non existent and it was on Sky so that was probably the worst it will get. Also on the back of three losses in a row. We need to improve the overall attendance but yesterdays was the exception and not the rule.

Im in a pub in epping forest, truth is, even if I was home I wouldn't pay 35 quid to watch a team who capitulated to burton albion..not when its on tv...how come the great business minds at the club didn't realise this..?

You wouldnt be watching the team who capitulated to Burton Albion only 1 outfielder played 90 minutes but agrree £35 is ridiculous

Im in a pub in epping forest, truth is, even if I was home I wouldn't pay 35 quid to watch a team who capitulated to burton albion..not when its on tv...how come the great business minds at the club didn't realise this..?

I can see the business sense in upping the prices. I couldn't when they actually upped it, but it appears our renewals have hardly changed so I fully expect another rise next year.

The problem is I really do despise the whole business mentality. I cannot see how people are happy with clubs refusing to take the most minor of hits to get their grounds full, people are far too content with it being a business for my liking.

Yeah was a bit strange. I was tired. Like Davie says I can get a free ticket to another game though.

Quite a few people I know have stopped going. They must not be proper fans either.

Might be time to retire and leave it to you young 'uns

I was pleased with the atmosphere created, seemed to be a unity amongst the fans.

It really came across on TV for the 1st half hour and then the whole second half... the only silence was in the last 15mins of the first half when all you could hear was NP... he was so loud it was funny, he kicked every ball, headed ever header, his constant driving of the player and their willing response was excellent to see.

I thought the atmosphere was bloody good - especially considering the attendance. The noisiest I have heard the stadium for a while.

I thought this, first 15 minutes was excellent, it did tail off about half way through the first half. But overall a lot more voices I thought. After Tuesday's boo's it was something I was worried about but I thought the support was fantastic.

Archived