Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cc_star

Leicester Vs Blackpool - Player Ratings

Kasper - 8 Composed and always talking. Did what he had to when called upon

St Ledger - 6.5 Called on last minute and unfit but I thought he did well enough against a very attacking team

Moore - 8 Very impressed with this lads maturity. Has potential to be very good championship defender.

Morgan - 8.5 Excellent display and showed lots of passion which is what we need from our Captain.

Konch - 7 Thought he was better today but not as good as he has been for us. Works hard, needs to go up another gear though

Marshall - 7.5 This boy has a great delivery. Not so much from corners today but in open play. Exciting as can see him only getting better.

King - 7.5 Nice tidy, professional performance, Looks back to his best and comfortable on the ball and always working hard off the ball.

Drinkwater - 7.5 Same as King but more gritty and impressed with his battling considering he isnt the biggest. Great range of passing

Dyer - 7.5 One of his better days. You know what you get from him, speed/workrate but little end product. Did enough to keep his place for now

Nugent - 6.5 Thought he didn't get involved enough but when he did, you could see he has quality. More to come from him I hope. Needs to start scoring

Vardy - 8 Yes he may not be the most technically gifted player BUT he makes up for it for pure enthusiasm and committment. He will cause defence problems!

Schlupp - 9 High mark for a sub, but he didn't put a foot wrong and looked very impressive at LB. Would use him more than Beckford judging on today

Beckford - 4 I watched him very closely as I didnt want him to leave last night BUT he was very poor today! Looked off the pace and lost! Can go if that continues!

Knocky - 5 Low mark but purely because he just didnt get into the game. Shame for him it was because Blackpool were attacking so much. Good work rate though

Pearson - 7.5 Gets the extra .5 for bringing Schlupp on as LB. Thought we played better against Blackburn and rode our luck a bit but about time some stuff went our way! I think he will be happy but knows that we can play much better. He seemed more positive and dare I say jolly today in his pre/post interviews. Hopefully, we can build on this now and get better and better as we definitely have the potential to get a run going with the talent we have. Just need the self belief and team spirit.

Wellens - 7 Better than Oakely in the Sky box!!!

Passed the ball much better Beckford also miss hit 2 shots

He also took a big air swing at a ball in the box instead of just calmly clearing it like any normal player would. Put us under pressure in the box.

So in conclusion, neither had much of the ball but what they did have, Beckford didnt do anything right really

Held the ball up, tracked back, good outlet.

Beckford was wasteful, his shooting was poor and his defensive work was average.

Passed the ball much better Beckford also miss hit 2 shots

really. didnt see to be in the game to me, especially dont see how knocky done the same as moore yet you gave them both 7 jace..

High up behind the Kop end goal.

Kasper 8 (Didn't have lots to do but two off his saves - a block from Ince and that despairing dive for the header towards his right corner were vital. Such thoughtful distribution as ever with just the odd kicking error)..

St Leger 6 (Played his part in a meritorious clean sheet against free-scoring opposition that was so important to us. A bit rusty and unconvincing at times but still generally okay).j

Konchesky 6.5 (Something of a hit and miss game. Some good some not so good. Fed Dyer quite well in the first half but couldn't seem to judge his headers).

Morgan 8 (One of his best games for the club. We did try to push up a bit further until forced to rearrange the team a bit and this stifled so many of their attacks before they reached the danger area. Closing the space with the rest of the team meant very few chances for Blackpool in the first 75 minutes (Ince's being the best) and when there was anything like a breakthrough there was usually time and space to recover. Organised well and concentrated well). .

Moore 7 (No way was he man of the match but he and Morgan were so together in the first half and, save for one carelessly underweighted pass which might have cost us a goal, the youngster looked assured. On moving to full-back though didn't look nearly so comfortable or decisive. Too much of the time he gave the ball away - partly perhaps because Pearson seemed to want him to play the line.

Marshall 7 (His his penalty hard enough get lucky and win the game. Solid constribution although considrable room for improvement yet).

Dyer 8 (Quite why Lloyd is such a fall-guy with some fanss beats me. Created a buzz almost every time he got the ball until his simply ran himself into the ground and the first stages of cramp. Attacked his marker on the inside and outside. Foiled twice by last ditch blocks from fierce on target shots and should probably have had a penalty when impeded on the point of shooting. Altogether a real pain for Blackpool's defence).

Drinkwater 7 (Solid if unspectacular. Perhaps needs to have a bit more impact). .

King 8 (Excellent. Don't think I saw him give the ball away more than twice and he was the real master of his craft today, turning up in the box, defending with determination, winning headers, seeing the most appropriate passes. I think it was his seemingly goalbound that Nugent negated by touching it into the net from an offside position and he had at least one other decent effort blocked).

Vardy 8 (Skillful, selfless and tireless display. What an asset the guy is. Won us a penalty when at least two perhaps better shouts had been turned down. Times he got behind the Blackpool defence with his skill, pace and timing. Trying to lay the ball back for arguably better placed team-mates might have sometimes been the wrong decision in hindsight but we'd all have been praising his cool thinking if we'd scored and my life we did create some chances).

Nugent 7 (He and Vardy seem to work well together but he seemigly made a big mistake turning our shot into the net when offside because the shot may well have been going in anyway. Decent game though).

Knockaert 6 (Not impresssed. Races around but there doesn't seem to be any effect from much that he does and he seems a bit lightweight at times. Whether he'll adjust to the Championship in time I don't know but anyone thinking he should be in the starting line-up right now is in fantasy land).

Schlupp 7.5 (Excellent. Made a terrific chance for Dyer which was brilliantly saved and looked a fast, decisive and effective lett-back which is where I think he's far more likely to make his mark given the sort of competition he's likely to get for a striker's role).

Beckford 5.5 (Some of the criticism is a bit vindictive. The guy is obviously ring-rusty and, as someone said, he seemed almost to be trying too hard. His big chance was an anti-climax but the sort of finishing opportunity that would have been spectacular had it gone in and looked a distinctly embarrassing the way it went. But by retaining three strikers we still had several breakaway chances and for me the real disappointent was Beckford failing to weight a final ball to Vardy when the Blackpool defence was completely open. But he was there to effect those chances and that should not be forgotten.).

Overall though an excellent first 70 minutes against the league leaders, the most one-sided first half I think i've seen in professional football and an entertaining game as well. There might have been controversy - and much of it the sort we could be complaining about - but for once we got the result we needed and the scalp of another League leader! lol

High up behind the Kop end goal.

Kasper 8 (Didn't have lots to do but two off his saves - a block from Ince and that despairing dive for the header towards his right corner were vital. Such thoughtful distribution as ever with just the odd kicking error)..

St Leger 6 (Played his part in a meritorious clean sheet against free-scoring opposition that was so important to us. A bit rusty and unconvincing at times but still generally okay).j

Konchesky 6.5 (Something of a hit and miss game. Some good some not so good. Fed Dyer quite well in the first half but couldn't seem to judge his headers).

Morgan 8 (One of his best games for the club. We did try to push up a bit further until forced to rearrange the team a bit and this stifled so many of their attacks before they reached the danger area. Closing the space with the rest of the team meant very few chances for Blackpool in the first 75 minutes (Ince's being the best) and when there was anything like a breakthrough there was usually time and space to recover. Organised well and concentrated well). .

Moore 7 (No way was he man of the match but he and Morgan were so together in the first half and, save for one carelessly underweighted pass which might have cost us a goal, the youngster looked assured. On moving to full-back though didn't look nearly so comfortable or decisive. Too much of the time he gave the ball away - partly perhaps because Pearson seemed to want him to play the line.

Marshall 7 (His his penalty hard enough get lucky and win the game. Solid constribution although considrable room for improvement yet).

Dyer 8 (Quite why Lloyd is such a fall-guy with some fanss beats me. Created a buzz almost every time he got the ball until his simply ran himself into the ground and the first stages of cramp. Attacked his marker on the inside and outside. Brought a brilliant save from the Blackpool goalkeeper and should probably have had a penalty when impeded on the point of shooting. Altogether a real pain for Blackpool's defence).

Drinkwater 7 (Solid if unspectacular. Perhaps needs to have a bit more impact). .

King 8 (Excellent. Don't think I saw him give the ball away more than twice and he was the real master of his craft today, turning up in the box, defending with determination, winning headers, seeing the most appropriate passes. I think it was his seemingly goalbound that Nugent negated by touching it int the net from an offside position and he had at least one other decent effrort blocked).

Vardy 8 (Skillful, selfless and tireless display. What an asset the guy is. Won us a penalty when at least two perhaps better shouts had been turned down. Times he got behind the Blackpool defence with his skill, pace and timing. Trying to lay the ball back for arguably better placed team-mates might have sometimes been the wrong decision in hindsight but we'd all have been praising his cool thinking if we'd scored and my life we did create some chances).

Nuge 7 (He and Vardy seem to work well together but he seemigly made a big mistake turning our shot into the net when offside because the shot may well have been going in anyway. Decent game though).

Knockaert 6 (Not impresssed. Races around but there doesn't seem to be any effect from much that he does and he seems a bit lightweight at times. Whether he'll adjust to the Championship in time I don't know but anyone thinking he should be in the starting line-up right now is in fantasy land).

Schlupp 7.5 (Excellent. Made a terrific chance for Dyer which was brilliantly saved and looked a fast, decisive and effective lett-back which is where I think he's far more likely to make his mark given the sort of competition he's likely to get for a striker's role).

Beckford 5.5 (Some of the criticism is a bit vindictive. The guy is obviously ring-rusty and, as someone said, he seemed almost to be trying too hard. His big chance was an anti-climax but the sort of finishing opportunity that would have been spectacular had it gone in and looked a distinctly embarrassing the way it went. But by retaining three strikers we still had several breakaway chances and for me the real disappointent was Beckford failing to weight a final ball to Vardy when the Blackpool defence was completely open. But he was there to effect those chances and that should not be forgotten.).

Overall though an excellent first 70 minutes against the league leaders, the most one-sided first half I think i've seen in professional football and an entertaining game as well. There might have been controversy - and much of it the sort we could be complaining about - but for once we got the result we needed and the scalp of another League leader! lol

Excellent summary my blue Tinted Specs saw it he same way thought vardy was excellent you can see he is going to get better and better with time and experience :D

I'd say most were average, with the exception of Vardy and Morgan who were the stand outs for me. 5's all around with Wes and Vardy getting 6 or 7.

I find it hard to give Beckford anything > 1. The time has come to give up on him.

Harsh summary I feel, opinions will always differ though!

Kasper 8 - Very good display when he was called on. Distribution looked better today which is a big plus.

SSL 6 - Hit and miss performance, looked the weakest of the defence.

Moore 7 - Played well, looked solid again, one to watch for certain

Morgan 9 - MOTM. Only say to describe him today was "a rock"

Konchesky 6.5 - Meh, did alright, the odd error but nothing too major.

Marshall 7 - Pacy, caused the defence problems and some lovely balls into the box. MOTM from sky was generous though

Drinkwater 6 - Wasn't really in the thick of things today. Would have liked his shots a bit more accurate too.

King 6.5 - Solid, took control but again, not our most involved midfielder.

Dyer 7 - Had a good game finally! Again, the end product thing will be mentioned, but he looked a handful.

Nugent 7 - Won some balls, tackled well, just needs a goal.

Vardy 7.5 - Another great match

Schlupp 7 - Cemented the back line when he came on

Knocky 6 - Barely saw him

Beckford 4 - Got into the right positions and ran a bit...but seriously, what was he doing with the ball at his feet? Headless chicken springs to mind.

Guest BlueBrett

Why is Kasper getting such a good rating from everyone? I can only remember one decent save at his near post and that dreadful clearance that almost gifted them a goal. Alright he got a hand to that header but it looked to be going wide anyway. I'm not saying he was poor but I really didn't think it was one of his more impressive displays.

Why is Kasper getting such a good rating from everyone? I can only remember one decent save at his near post and that dreadful clearance that almost gifted them a goal. Alright he got a hand to that header but it looked to be going wide anyway. I'm not saying he was poor but I really didn't think it was one of his more impressive displays.

He set up so many of our dangerous breaks and chances with his quick distribution I lost count particularly in the first half getting Vardy in behind their defence

Schmeichel - 7.5 - Did what was needed of him when called upon. Distribution, while dangerous, needs to be chosen better. Too many long balls at the wrong times, small issue though.

SSL - 5.5 - Wasn't very impressed, exposed at RB

Morgan - 8.5 - Brick wall today, won headers and tackles all day.

Moore - 8 - Inexperienced and it showed on a couple of occasions but he grew into the game and looked very promising, looked fairly solid next to Morgan.

Konchesky - 5 - From what I've seen this season he could be a weak link. Some poor decisions where he faffs about on the ball instead of putting a boot through it, poor passing and weak in the challenge.

Marshall - 7.5 - Some very dangerous balls in the first half, poor corners, cracking free kick, great through ball for Vardy, scored the pen. Got found out a bit in the 2nd period and faded. Decent performance though.

Drinkwater - 6.5 - Promising first half but nothing of note and faded in the second, needs to get his head up and look for runners more if we're going to have a better balance in the centre.

King - 7.5 - Defended well, thought he was a good outlet on the break, got into forward positions a few times but didn't find the ball much in the final 3rd. Good passing and ball winning though.

Dyer - 7 - Not much of an end product as per usual, gets the ball in good positions, if he was good technically and had a brain he'd be a terror :P

Nugent - 6.5 - Worked well with Vardy, good link up play generally but didn't look much of a threat. Needs to get in dangerous positions more.

Vardy - 7.5 - Dangerous, needs to calm down a bit, hopefully the decision making and composure will come with experience at this level. Need to use his pace more, he crucifies flat footed defenders.

Subs:

Knockaert - 7 - Defended well. Like you said, didn't get much of an opportunity going forward but he pressed well and held up the ball when he could.

Beckford - 5 - Disappointing, needs to bag a couple soon.

Schlupp - 7.5 - Great work at left back. Held the line well, tracked his man, put in some good tackles down the touch line. Lost his man once when the ball was played over him to the back post which could have been costly.

I agree with these ratings, but Knockaert a 7? That's beyond me, I would have gave a 6 or 5.5, he wasn't really in the game. Although my opinion is based on TV viewing not being there.

You can tell where the beckford fans are at tonight.....

"he was poor - but that isnt surprising given what happened last night".

ahhhh, ok.......

So what is the excuse for the other dross he has served up over the last year??

Get him out, and the likes of Le Fondre or Kane in, wish we had got rid earlier and got andy keogh on a permanent, but thats life.

How in God's name some of you are giving Drinkwater 6 I will never know?!?!?! There was times where he was given a shit ball but used his technique and skill to turn his way out of danger and keep the possession flowing. Yes there was times where he looked to slow the ball down at the wrong time but he is like the master of the puppets in the midfield just controlling the strings.

Kasper - 7 - He was on the whole very good today but one mis-kick nearly cost us dearly. Great save at the end though.

St Ledger - 7 defending & 5 attacking - He played on about 15 minutes, in his lesser favoured position against one of the most highly rated players in the league (Ince) and performed well. Clearly not 100% match fit yet but was solid defending, offered little going forwards though.

Morgan - 8 - Unit at the back, rarely lost a challenge in the air. The most solid CB we've had for a long time at the club.

Moore - 8 - Compliments Morgan really well in the middle, quicker more mobile of the two. Morgan is the stopper, Moore is the cover player. Excellent prospect. Played equally as well at RB.

Konchesky - 6 - For me the weakest link in the team (close between him and Dyer). It is clear he has lost pace compared to last season and at times makes rash decisions that put us under pressure. Also wasn't strong enough at times for example when Blackpool had their penalty shout was turned and then outmuscled.

Marshall - 7 - Played very well in the first half but seemed to tire quickly in 2nd half, seems to need to work on match fitness. If his corners were decent would have been an 8, but took the penalty well.

King - 9 - Man of the match for me! Personally I've not rated King for a good season and a half but looks back to his best. He looked lost last season but now he seems to be relishing playing alongside Drinkwater. I think they compliment each other very well in the same way Morgan and Moore do. Drinkwater being the more technical player and the better passer and King being the more athletic box to box type.

Drinkwater - 7.5 - Don't forget Blackpool had 3 in the park against our 2 but Kingy and Drinkwater completely bossed the midfield. At times he got us out of trouble with his composure and technical ability. Still needs to work on decision making as sometimes he looks for one too many passes and slows the pace of the game down when it is unnecessary.

Dyer - 6 - Weak link in the midfield for me. Yes he has pace and the ability to beat the opponent but his final ball is atrocious. Looks horrible in comparison to Marshall on the opposite wing. So 1 footed it is unbelievable, literally cannot use his right foot and how he starts instead of Knockaert is beyond me.

Vardy - 8 - Number 1 striker for a reason. Pace to burn. Committed and a number 9 that will become a club legend in my opinion.

Nugent - 6.5 - At times linked up well with Vardy, wasn't his best performance but still very solid and gave it his all. Will get better as he gets a run in the side.

Subs

Knockaert - 6.5 - Didn't get long to show what he's about but had some good touches and was committed defensively which was important considering how the game panned out. Should start over Dyer.

Schlupp - 8 - Kyle Walker started as a striker and was converted to RB I personally think Schlupp should be developed as a LB. Completely nullified Phillips due to his pace, was immense defensively couple of important tackles that stamped his authority on the wing. Looked quality going forwards only negative I would say is he looked lost at set pieces but that will come in time. Honestly think he could be starting over Konchesky by the end of the season.

Beckford - 6 - Again didn't get long to show what he can do. Good touch to bring down high ball but woeful shot. Butchered the chance for Vardy with through ball and gave ball away in crucial position which put us under pressure. However I really rate him and was glad he didn't leave, will score important goals for us if he stays.

Schmeichel 7 - Made a few good saves and distribution was good.

St Ledger 6 - Got skimmed too many times by Ince when he swapped wings, probably due to lack of fitness.

Moore 9 - Absolutely bossed it today, looks like we have a brilliant prospect. Very strong aswell.

Morgan 9.5 - Great captains performance got his foot in well and some good headers.

Konchesky - 6.5 - Didn't really have a big influence on the game but got skimmed a few times. Steady.

Marshall 8.5 - Started brilliantly but faded in the second half.

King 8 - Very assured performance had a shot cleared off the line I think? Passing was good and didn't get knocked off the ball as easily as he used to.

Dyer 7.5 - Caused them a few problems and had a shot cleared off the line. End product lacking though, spends too much time fvcking about with the ball instead of crossing it.

Nugent 7.5 - Decent, worked well with Vardy

Vardy 8 - Ran around a lot and got a few chances, needs to be more selfish with the ball, though.

SUBS

Schlupp 7 - Did well against a tricky opponent, out of position a few times but pace makes up for it.

Knockaert 6 - Ineffective going forward but tracked back well.

Beckford 5 - One good touch and was pretty crap otherwise.

Schmeichel 7

St Ledger 6 Not quite match fit.

Moore 7 Looked better at CB than RB.

Morgan 8 Solid as a rock.

Konchesky 5 Continues his poor form.

Marshall 7 Poor corners, but good enough in open play.

King 8 MOTM Was everywhere in the middle. Protected the back four well.

Drinkwater 7 Quality first half, faded as he got tired.

Dyer 6 Predictable every time. One shot produced an outstanding save.

Vardy 6 Great work rate but needs to stay onside and work on decision making.

Nugent 6 Very quiet.

Schlupp 8 Excellent against one of the best wingers in the league.

Knockaert 5 Hardly involved.

Beckford 5 One fantastic touch, lots of other very bad ones. Lacking confidence and looked out of sorts which is totally understandable after what happened last night.

The guy's looked 'out of sorts' ever since he arrived here...

Schmeichel 7

St Ledger 6

Konchesky 7

Morgan 8

Moore 7.5

Marshall 7

Dyer 6

King 8

Drinkwater 7

Nugent 7

Vardy 7

Knockaert 6.5