Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theessexfox

Nugent

Who is saying that Beckford is?

The main point being that why isn't Nugent getting the same heated criticism that Beckford got when he hit a bad patch? It's like double standards from our fans.

At least give Futacs and/or Beckford a chance based on this season. Nugent's not even looking threatening. I'm happy with Vardy and his contribution and reckon he'll stay on for Wednesday. The only reason I see Nuge staying in the starting team for Weds is because he might be one of NP's 'faves' ahead of Beckford.

Exactly my point. Would give a +1 if I wasn't on my iPhone

Guest BlueBrett

Beginning to think Nugent doesn't have the necessary quality. Not really sure what his game is based on. Far from clinical, not very quick, never seen an ounce of skill from him and we have other players who can hold the ball up better. Personally I'd stick with Vardy and give him a bit more time to get used to playing at this level. Beckford has had his chance and consistently disappointed (although mostly alongside Nugent to be fair). People wont like this but I'd be tempted to give Waghorn a few starts with Futacs replacing him on the hour if he has been ineffective. Whatever NIge decides surely Nuge can no longer be a shoe in to start for us.

Btw the difference between Nugent and Beckford and the reason Becks gets more stick is purely effort. Both have been poor for a while now but need I remind everyone of Peterborough away last season? Nugent wouldn't have been seen dead behaving like that.

Btw the difference between Nugent and Beckford and the reason Becks gets more stick is purely effort. Both have been poor for a while now but need I remind everyone of Peterborough away last season? Nugent wouldn't have been seen dead behaving like that.

He came pretty close today though. Berra and Johnson owned him in the air. Towards the end he wasn't even bothering to challenge them.

His booking for needless backchat wasn't great, either.

Guest BlueBrett
He came pretty close today though. Berra and Johnson owned him in the air. Towards the end he wasn't even bothering to challenge them.

His booking for needless backchat wasn't great, either.

Fair

Beginning to think Nugent doesn't have the necessary quality. Not really sure what his game is based on. Far from clinical, not very quick, never seen an ounce of skill from him and we have other players who can hold the ball up better. Personally I'd stick with Vardy and give him a bit more time to get used to playing at this level. Beckford has had his chance and consistently disappointed (although mostly alongside Nugent to be fair). People wont like this but I'd be tempted to give Waghorn a few starts with Futacs replacing him on the hour if he has been ineffective. Whatever NIge decides surely Nuge can no longer be a shoe in to start for us.

He had a really good shot at the start of last season.

It seems to have dissapeared.

He had a really good shot at the start of last season.

It seems to have dissapeared.

Probably coached out of him by Stowell.

It's normally his fault when our players turn shit.

dropping Nugent is just about the worst thing me we could do, hes a confidence man, and if NP drops him that says he doesnt believe in him atm, i saw it at Portsmouth and Burnley, not saying i disagree, id like to see Beckford and Futacs up top, with Marshall and Knockeart on the wings, Drinkwater is god damn piss poor. he needs to be dropped.

dropping Nugent is just about the worst thing me we could do, hes a confidence man, and if NP drops him that says he doesnt believe in him atm, i saw it at Portsmouth and Burnley, not saying i disagree, id like to see Beckford and Futacs up top, with Marshall and Knockeart on the wings, Drinkwater is god damn piss poor. he needs to be dropped.

But he's totally out of form and he's not influencing the game at all.

Thought Drinkwater was better than people give him credit for today. Yes, he gave away a few passes, and yes he had two extremely ambitious shots, but on the whole I thought he was solid. James for me is the problem. Danns in.

Right just because he is a confidence man you think it's the worst thing we could do. every player has confidence issues imo if your not peforming you should be dropped, nugent spat his dummy out like a 5 year old in a toy shop with his rants on twitter people say there humor but there spat's to get attention now he has had his chance has he performed nope. someone else needs a chance now to try and prove there selves. we have schulpp, waghorn, beckford, fuctas and vardy to chose from bet all of these that aint starting are iching for a chance.

Right just because he is a confidence man you think it's the worst thing we could do. every player has confidence issues imo if your not peforming you should be dropped, nugent spat his dummy out like a 5 year old in a toy shop with his rants on twitter people say there humor but there spat's to get attention now he has had his chance has he performed nope. someone else needs a chance now to try and prove there selves. we have schulpp, waghorn, beckford, fuctas and vardy to chose from bet all of these that aint starting are iching for a chance.

i think he should be dropped, but i dont expect much from him if we do, look at his pompey form

Thought Drinkwater was better than people give him credit for today. Yes, he gave away a few passes, and yes he had two extremely ambitious shots, but on the whole I thought he was solid. James for me is the problem. Danns in.

Thought he did well today, got caught on the ball once but never really gave the ball away like DD. Kept the ball moving, carried it forward well a few times and played some clever balls. Suppose individuals have to always be picked out though.

What happened to young hungry players (who are usually inconsistent) being the way forward and needing a few years to build a team, not just aiming for success at all costs and constantly chopping and changing (which is what people kept saying all summer). Guess that all goes out the window because we lost a couple of games.

Pearson's faith in youth is touching but slightly overdone. 7 of the 11 players that finished today's game are 23 or under.

He needs to instil some steel and backbone in the side. If that means switching to 4-3-3 (at least in away games) and/or bringing Danns back, so be it.

I like Nuge but he needs balls played in to him and behind the defence rather than having to link up play and try to get on the end of a cross. Not his game, hence we are not seeing the best of him. As we can see from his chance today when he was played in, his pace and excellent first touch give him a headstart on the opposition defence, maybe Knockeart can start finding him with these passes and the finishes will come?

I think its unfair to question Nugent's workrate this season, it's just not happening for him at the moment in front of goal. Inches away with the header today (despite it being a foul)

Would definately stick with him for Burnley, old club and all that, always seems to work against us,

Archived