Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theessexfox

Nugent

On his recent goal drought - what is it, 10 games? - do we need a change up front? If we are to challenge for the play-offs we need to start putting our chances away. Should Beckford be given another chance? Do Waghorn or Schlupp deserve a starting place?

What is the reason for this drought?

11 games without a goal now.

Both strikers need dropping, how many games do you give them when you have 4 waiting their chance and they are not performing, Futacs & Beckford Wednesday night for me

This.

Can't fault their effort but they didn't look threatening at all.

On his recent goal drought - what is it, 10 games? - do we need a change up front? If we are to challenge for the play-offs we need to start putting our chances away. Should Beckford be given another chance? Do Waghorn or Schlupp deserve a starting place?

Lack of quality up front!

They both strike me as good support strikers but not a main one. Problem is I don't see any of the others being that either. Beckford can do it be he's a one game in 10 player, and you get feck all else from him between his good games.

Hmmm - but if he scored in that one game, that would put him ahead of Dave

Knocky looked the part, despite changing into a Belgian since he's been with us. Konch was woeful first half as was De Laet but both improved after their half time bollocking . Can't say DD has impressed me in a Leicester shirt yet but Marshall has his moments. Nuge was a little unlucky today but Vardy wasn't really with us. It doesn't look a million miles away when they finally get going.......

Problem is, its 4 defeats from 5 games

Nugent has not done anything to deserve keeping his place. Waghorn seems too similar to Vardy to me, Beckford is unreliable and if we played Futac would we revert to long ball?

I really don't know the answer.

maybe it's just me, I blame the midfield, not the attackers. no quality through balls, apart from one. loads of crosses to two short strikers, either play to their strengths or choose other strikers.

he's missed simple headers in front of goal in multiple games and is dithering on the ball, midfielders can't be blamed for that

Let's not forget that Nugent only got back in because Beckford wasn't doing well enough, think we should put Waghorn (Who was at least a lot more active than the other two today) or Futacs in against Burnley, both deserve a chance and the others have been less than impressive (Except perhaps Vardy) when they've had their chances this season.

His effort is second to none but he is lacking confidence, and that header back across goal today clearly showed he lacks confidence, when he could of gone for goal himself.

He is a great player, but just off form everyone has blips and Nugent has hit his.

I would give Beckford another chance and if he still doesn't perform, get someone in on loan.

Nugent made the wrong decisions today, he headed down when it was easier to score, headed wide... he ran to his wrong foot meaning he was pushed out wide, I think a game watching from the sidelines would help & Fuctas would benefit from Marshall's crossing which is wasted on Nugent

The forum would go into meltdown if Beckford didn't score for 11 games.. But Nugent is quality isn't he... lol

Prior to today, Nugent had part of a lively front line and was linking well with Dyer and creating chances for his partner. He was holding the ball up well, knocking it back to Drinky and generally being an all round great team-player, when you're playing like that the goals will come & its a million miles away from Bambi... Sorry Beckford who loses the ball, doesn't link with anyone, can't hold it up, can't play it out-wide and awful shooting.

Nugent was poor today, which basically brings him into comparison with Beckford, but prior to today it was just a matter of supporting him through his lean time & benefiting from his team-work

Knocky looked the part, despite changing into a Belgian since he's been with us. Konch was woeful first half as was De Laet but both improved after their half time bollocking . Can't say DD has impressed me in a Leicester shirt yet but Marshall has his moments. Nuge was a little unlucky today but Vardy wasn't really with us. It doesn't look a million miles away when they finally get going.......

Problem is, its 4 defeats from 5 games

Was he?

He wasn`t unlucky with the header back behind everyone, when he should have headed for goal, or unlucky to head wide when he should have scored, and he wasn`t unlucky with the header he should have scored with from about 4 yards at Blackburn either.

I know all strikers miss chances, but i think he can thankfull his name isn`t Beckford, because if it had been, with his recent goal drought, he would be getting dogs abuse on here from some of you.

Just because Nugent has played crap recently it doesn't mean Beckford is suddenly a world beater.

Who is saying that Beckford is?

The main point being that why isn't Nugent getting the same heated criticism that Beckford got when he hit a bad patch? It's like double standards from our fans.

At least give Futacs and/or Beckford a chance based on this season. Nugent's not even looking threatening. I'm happy with Vardy and his contribution and reckon he'll stay on for Wednesday. The only reason I see Nuge staying in the starting team for Weds is because he might be one of NP's 'faves' ahead of Beckford.

Archived