Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
hornyhollthefox123

Burnley Player Ratings

Schmeichel 8 - Match winning save at the end, if it wasn't for him, a draw was a definite.

De Laet 6 - Attacked incredibly well, defensively sometimes he was as bad as Peltier

St Ledger 8 - Dominated Paterson, some great defensive clearances, few stray passes

Morgan 8 - One back header mistake, apart from that dominated yet again, what a captain

Konchesky 7 - Much better than Sunday, but was at fault for the goal getting caught out of position

Marshall 5 - Worst player on the pitch tonight, did bugger all

Drinkwater 6 - Not the best in my opinion, gave balls away, and held onto it for too long

James 6 - Reasonable performance, but unspectacular

Knockaert 8 - Absolute quality this lad, gave 100% from start to finish

Vardy 7 - Much better second half, lively but first touch still letting him down

Nugent 6 - Not the best performance, but improved in second half

Dyer - N/A

Waghorn 5 - Well that trip when clean through was pretty special

Futacs - N/A

Kasper - 7 - Didn't have to do an awful lot, but a magnificent save at the end.

De Laet - 6 - Eh, I wasn't all that impressed with him defensivley today, might just be me.

St. Ledger - 7 - Looked solid, good to see him back, I think Moore did need replacing.

Morgan - 8 - Superb again, I'm a massive fan.

Konchesky - 7 - Did alright, typical Konch.

Marshall - 6 - Didn't think he was at his best myself, but still a very usefull player to have in the team. Do think he'd be better off playing CAM.

James - 6.5 - Did ok, nothing spectacular.

Drinkwater - 7 - Average in the first half, but really picked up and put in a good display in the second half.

Knockaert - 7.5 - Looked very good in the second half, glad to see him starting, he's obviously a talented lad, he and Marshall could be crucial this year.

Vardy - 6.5 - Did alright, got his goal which is the important thing.

Nugent - 6.5 - Great to see him hitting the back of the net again, good performance as well, hopefully he can keep it up.

Dyer - 6 - Did well helping us shut the game down, maybe should have been a little more willing to just keep the ball in the corner at times.

Waghorn - 6 - See Dyer.

Futacs - N/A

Kasper - 7 Didn't have too much today, perhaps could've distributed the ball better. A few good saves.

De Laet - 6 Ran with ball quite well, not overly troubled by their wingers.

Morgan - 8 The only player who was brilliant all game, won everything in the air and on the ground.

St Ledger - 7 Steady, did what was needed.

Konchesky 7 Much better than he has been recently, looked the calm, assured player we saw last season.

Knockaert - 7 Looked dangerous at times but didn't really penetrate.

Drinkwater - 6 Meh. Not bad but not good. Passive performance in midfield.

James - 6 Similar to Drinkwater, passing improved in the 2nd half.

Marshall - 6 Tried hard to cause problems but I thought he was largely shut out by Burnley.

Vardy 6 - Didn't work as hard as usual or provide an effective threat. Forced the own goal that won us the game.

Nugent - 7 Poor in the 1st half (as were most of the team) but did get on the scoresheet and began to look dangerous towards the end.

Dyer - 6 Ran at Burnley well and then wasted it.

Waghorn - 6 Probably should've scored, wasn't massively involved otherwise

Futacs - 6 Passed it around neatly, didn't actually have that many crosses/long balls to attack

Overall, we were not good. We won but we were better against Charlton and we were most definitely better against Blackburn. Two fortunate goals got us a result which we just about deserved. Burnley were bad in the 2nd half and not particularly good in the 1st half.

Schmeichel 8 - Fired up and pulled off some good saves

De Laet 8 - The odd wayward pass but otherwise strong and surprisingly effective going forward

Morgan 9 - Absolutely solid and even threw in some unbelievable tekkers on several occasions

St Ledger 7 - Fairly good

Konchesky 8 - Did all he could

Knockaert 7 - Caused problems but sometimes lacked concentration. Bonus points for his unbelievable tekkers.

Drinkwater 8 - Retained ball well and made some good passes

James 6 - Very average, fairly good on the ball but doesn't do much

Marshall 7 - Not his liveliest game but his usual standards are very high

Nugent 7 - Only gets the seven because he scored. Otherwise, he needs to be doing more IMO

Vardy 8 - Got a goal, works hard and causes problems for the oppo

Dyer 7 - Looked sharp but slow-paced when he came on

Waghorn 5 - Managed to spoon a great chance but had a few decent runs

Futacs - Didn't see enough of him to judge.

Schmeichel 7.5 - Good saves kicking a bit meh

De Laet 6 - Attacked well but hopeless defensively.

Morgan 8.5 - Rock at the back, read the game well, Mr Reliability.

St Ledger 8 - Solid, got turned to easily for their goal but otherwise ok

Konchesky 7.5 - Assisted going forward well and good defensively.

Knockaert 8.5 - Very positive, great control and work rate (although gave up chasing Wallace near the end) some good crossing and a good shot aswell. Some fancy tricks in the last few mins aswell.

Drinkwater 8 - Got forward well, busted a lung trying to get forward to receive a through ball aswell. Was good defensively helping out aswell. Shame he can't shoot.

James - Steady performance, didn't do much of note really.

Marshall - Ineffective tonight, a shot or two then did nothing really. Dissapointing

Nugent 6 - Shocking performance apart from his goal, 2nd to everything and almost got a second yellow

Vardy 6 - Great goal but same shocking performance as Nugent, horrific first touch and didn't bother jumping for some headers

SUBS

Dyer 6 - Did the best he could, linked up with Konch well, one horrific shot though lol.

Futacs N/A

Waghorn 6.5, held the ball up well and seems to have improved on his touch, almost scored a header.

Kasper - 7 - Didn't have to do an awful lot, but a magnificent save at the end.

De Laet - 6 - Eh, I wasn't all that impressed with him defensivley today, might just be me.

St. Ledger - 7 - Looked solid, good to see him back, I think Moore did need replacing.

Morgan - 8 - Superb again, I'm a massive fan.

Konchesky - 7 - Did alright, typical Konch.

Marshall - 6 - Didn't think he was at his best myself, but still a very usefull player to have in the team. Do think he'd be better off playing CAM.

James - 6.5 - Did ok, nothing spectacular.

Drinkwater - 7 - Average in the first half, but really picked up and put in a good display in the second half.

Knockaert - 7.5 - Looked very good in the second half, glad to see him starting, he's obviously a talented lad, he and Marshall could be crucial this year.

Vardy - 6.5 - Did alright, got his goal which is the important thing.

Nugent - 6.5 - Great to see him hitting the back of the net again, good performance as well, hopefully he can keep it up.

Dyer - 6 - Did well helping us shut the game down, maybe should have been a little more willing to just keep the ball in the corner at times.

Waghorn - 6 - See Dyer.

Futacs - N/A

I'd have Knockaert at 8 and Wes at 7.5 but otherwise I am pretty much in agreement.

Schmeichel 7 - Did two things all game, picked the ball out of the back of his net, and made a cracking save at the end

De Laet 7 - Good on the attack, got caught out a couple of times though

St Ledger 7 - Shocking first half, made some good clearences second half though

Morgan 8 - Solid

Konchesky 7 - Did his job today, not amazing but better than sunday

Marshall 6 - Couple of powder puff shots but nothing of note

Drinkwater 7 - Played well, but did tend to slow down play a little

James 6 - Surprised he wasn't sent off tbh, was making crunching tackles left right and center

Knockaert 8 - MOTM, Some excellent passing and dribbling

Vardy 7 - Missed one very good chance, and have no idea how his shot went in

Nugent 7 - Did a good job supporting the midfield when needed

Dyer - 5

Waghorn 5

Futacs - N/A

Kasper - 7 couple of good saves

De Laet - 6 good going forward, suspect defensively

St Legend - 6 at fault for their goal, otherwise average

Morgan - 8 quality defending, just one mistake

Konch - 7 better than recently

Marshall - 6 distinctly average game, not at his best today

James - 6 first half i thought he was still a Burnley season ticket holder, much better second half

Drinky - 7.5 good game, he did well imo 2nd half

Knocky - 7.5 quality player, better 2nd half

Vardy - 6.5 good goal, although lucky, didnt show enough quality overall

Nugent - 6.5 good goal, again lucky, still doesnt seem his usual self

SUBS

Dyer - 6 unkucky with one or two half chances

Waggy - 6 usual effort but tripped over his own feet for one decent chance

Futacs - 6 kept the ball well - only on for short time

Kasper - N/A - Didn't do anything, apart from the game saver in the 2nd half.

De Laet - 5 - He can run on the ball well... but not much else

St. Ledger - 6 - Okay, but he needs to stop losing the ball and learn how to pass

Morgan - 8 - A fvcking tank

Konchesky - 6 - Better than previous games

Marshall - 6 - Didn't do much really

James - 6 - meh -

Drinkwater - 6 - Fair game

Knockaert - 7.5 - ... I love him

Vardy - 6.5 - Got a goal. Not much else. Seemed off the pace at times.

Nugent - 6.5 - Dat goal

schmeichel 6

de laet 4.5

morgan 7.5

ledger 6

konchesky 5.5

knockeart 7

drinkwater 6

james 5

marshall 5

vardy 2 first half/5 second

nugent 4 first half/6 second

bit harsh on strikers but due to burnley parking the bus it was hard for them to get a look in tonight ! subs 5 each

Sorry. But whoever gave him MOTM needs a slap.

Inb4 butthurt replies.

I can only record one bad pass, Drinkwater made loads more errors yet people are giving him 7's and 8's.

He made some crucial clearances, and that goal line clearance when the ball was fizzed back in, is worthy of much higher marks.

Agreed, no one in the team deserves an 8 except Morgan at a push (how would we manage without him now?) very mediocre again I'm afraid but hey it's 3 points!

We wouldn't.

We'd have let in another goal tonight without him, we might not have held on to the lead against Blackpool and he also scored our opener against Peterborough!

Kasper-7 Couple of good saves

De Laet- 7.5 not the best defending, but turned defense into attack quickly

Morgan-9 Brick wall

St ledger -7.5 solid but Morgan stood out at the back

Konchesky 7 pretty average

Marshall - 7 Couple of ok shots, never going to trouble the keeper

James- 6.5 hardly seen him

Drinkwater- 7 Few good plays but didn't see him all that often

Knocky- 9 Definitely deserved a start, great game

Nugent- 7.5 Good goal, played well

Vardy - 7 Not going to lie goal was a fluke(not complaining) seemed good passing and making play but not the best when coming to shooting.

I'm not one for arbitary numerical values so shall only write a brief pen profile for each

Kasper - Secured the points with late saves.

De Laet - Gets worse with every game. He can attack, he cannot defend. Poor distribution and decision making

Konchesky - A better performance, reasonably solid and steady.

Morgan - Untroubled and largely composed. Played well above those around him (and I speak as one who hasn't warmed to Wes)

SSL - Clearly lacking match sharpness but a comfortable evening

Marshall - Relatively quiet but a tidy performance. We failed to get him on the ball with any regularity.

Knockeart - Always looking for the ball, seemed mentally half a yard quicker than ...

James - Like DeLaet I remain to be convinced. He is a 'neat' player but my goodness he is slow in thought and deed.

Drinkwater - Some erratic passing and seems to play and see the game in straight lines

Nugent - He scored. He didn't do much else and seems to have little understanding with...

Vardy - He scored too. The issues with touch and reading of the game remain

Subs

Dyer - he can run very quickly, he can't do much else

Waghorn - playing like a man struggling for form. Tried to force the play and succeeded in passing to no one and running around to little effect.

Fuctas - he is tall, he didn't have time to do much else not that I suspect he could.

That was the worst we've played but we continued to try and play football which is heartening. Also a source of optimism was Knockeart who looks to attack and build play.

schmeichel 6

de laet 4.5

morgan 7.5

ledger 6

konchesky 5.5

knockeart 7

drinkwater 6

james 5

marshall 5

vardy 2 first half/5 second

nugent 4 first half/6 second

bit harsh on strikers but due to burnley parking the bus it was hard for them to get a look in tonight ! subs 5 each

about right, but would give De laet 7 and drinky 5. We won and deserved it, but not a top two performance by any means

Archived