Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Beckford - not in squad for Dull ?

James Nursey â€@JamesNursey

Pearson claimed after #LCFC win Jermaine Beckford omitted from squad as not been working hard enough in training! Loan switch now likely

I like Jermaine and still believe he'll score regular goals in this league but if this statement is true then we need to get rid. Whilst it may be another Dj Campbell situation, if the guy isnt working hard enough then waste of time him being here

http://www.mirror.co...-church-1318072

Huddersfield will switch their sights to Reading's Simon Church if Leicester refuse to let them have Jermaine Beckford.

Terriers boss Simon Grayson wants to bring in a new striker ahead of Saturday's Championship clash at home to Derby.

Former Leeds and Everton hit-man Beckford is his top choice, but the Foxes are stalling on a loan deal with their second-tier rivals.

Grayson has lined up Church, 23, as an alternative target, because the Welsh international is behind Pavel Pogrebnyak, Jason Roberts, Noel Hunt and Adam Le Fondre in the pecking order at the Madejski.

Grayson said:"There will be players available - maybe from Premier League clubs - who will give us options if necessary and if we are prepared to go down that avenue."

My view on this is that, personally I feel that on his day, Becks could terrorise any defence in the Championship but would we really miss him? I don't think we would. Nugent and Vardy first choice strikers with Futacs as a plan B, Waghorn who has been showing signs of improvement in his recent cameos and a Schlupp who people seem to forget displaced Beckford from the side around christmas time until his knee injury. I'm more than happy with those 5.

Whilst i would like to see Jones here, i dont think its that necessary at the moment. Even if Beckford goes, we have 5 strikers plus attacking midfielders

I just think if we let Beckford leave, we will bring in a new striker. Jones and Nugent would tear this league apart. It would be great to have the depth of vardy Fuctaus and Waghorn to back them up.

after defending Beckford for the most part I have now came to the conclusion that the club and Beckford may as well go their seperate ways, its clearly not working now and there is no point having a player on a decent amount of money not even featuring in the squad, couple that with the last minute deal and lack of effort its time to just get rid because lets face it its never going to work out now.

The type of player we don't want now is Big Kenwyne Jones.

I'd love to see us continue playing this more attacking, fluid, give and go type game than lumping it up to the big fella.

Vardy and Nuge will do just nicely and I reckon Beckford could slot into this type of play much better.

Well done Nige... Keep it up

The type of player we don't want now is Big Kenwyne Jones.

I'd love to see us continue playing this more attacking, fluid, give and go type game than lumping it up to the big fella.

Vardy and Nuge will do just nicely and I reckon Beckford could slot into this type of play much better.

Well done Nige... Keep it up

Why not? He could surely win those crosses that go begging which Marshall, Knockaert and to a lesser extent Da Laet put in.

My ex works with my wife and said i would be excited because on Monday night she was out with some bloke called Jermaine who played for Leicester and pictures she has have shown its Jermaine Beckford. Problem i hear you call? The problem is my ex was in Marbella at an all night party this would perhaps add weight to the rumoured story

My ex works with my wife and said i would be excited because on Monday night she was out with some bloke called Jermaine who played for Leicester and pictures she has have shown its Jermaine Beckford. Problem i hear you call? The problem is my ex was in Marbella at an all night party this would perhaps add weight to the rumoured story

Hmm

Why not? He could surely win those crosses that go begging which Marshall, Knockaert and to a lesser extent Da Laet put in.

Put simply, most teams I've ever watched seem to change their style of play when they utilise the big man. It's easier to look up and ping it at a big target.

They do so, often at the expense of trying to keep the ball on the floor and playing like we did on Sunday. ie keep ball, two touch, give and go, work the ball up the field until the RIGHT time to make the killer ball.

I loved it... Going back to the big man up front would be a step backwards now IMO.

Put simply, most teams I've ever watched seem to change their style of play when they utilise the big man. It's easier to look up and ping it at a big target.

They do so, often at the expense of trying to keep the ball on the floor and playing like we did on Sunday. ie keep ball, two touch, give and go, work the ball up the field until the RIGHT time to make the killer ball.

I loved it... Going back to the big man up front would be a step backwards now IMO.

Fair enough just don't assume because we sign him we will change our philosophy and go the direct style perhaps NP sees him as a better Plan B than Futacs?

You mean a Waghorn who scored (In his first season with us on loan) 12 goals in 43 games and 5 goals in 37 games since his return (Where he has been out on loan scoring 1 goal in 5 and has been injured for a large chunk of his return)

A Vardy who is untested at this level but scored 31 goals in 36 games (At a much lower level agreed).

And a Marko Futacs who scored 5 goals in 29 games.

Compared to a Beckford who score 9 goals in 43 games last season.

TBH i'd say they are as good as him, give or take 1 or 2 goals.

Love how you include all of Beckfords games but only his league goals whereas everyone else you just count their league games lol

Said at the end of last season I'd like to see if he can step up this year but he just doesn't seem to have offered much at all. If he hasn't made an impression by Christmas I expect to see him gone in the transfer window.

Naturally I can confirm this...... :thumbup::ph34r:

Wasn't Jermain Jenus then?

Archived