Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Beckford - not in squad for Dull ?

are you saying waghorn vardy futacs are better if so you have no clue and all three of them would not score as many goals as beckfords total last season.

Vardy already has 3, 2 in the league. So he only has to get 7 more league goals to match that.

are you saying waghorn vardy futacs are better if so you have no clue and all three of them would not score as many goals as beckfords total last season.

The system we play involves a lot of movement from the strikers...can you see Beckford playing that role? At the end of the day he has been a bag of sh*t for us time for him to move on.

You mean a Waghorn who scored (In his first season with us on loan) 12 goals in 43 games and 5 goals in 37 games since his return (Where he has been out on loan scoring 1 goal in 5 and has been injured for a large chunk of his return)

A Vardy who is untested at this level but scored 31 goals in 36 games (At a much lower level agreed).

And a Marko Futacs who scored 5 goals in 29 games.

Compared to a Beckford who score 9 goals in 43 games last season.

TBH i'd say they are as good as him, give or take 1 or 2 goals.

Wouldn't get carried away with today, we scored 3 but the game was still in the balance until stoppage time and that shouldn't have been the case. We wasted chances (Vardy guilty of a couple). We paid for our failure to stick it in the net when Hull equalised and in other games we've cursed our poor finishing. There's no reason why that won't be the case again if we don't find a way to be more clinical.

I still think we're being hasty getting rid of him without a replacement.

Didn't need him today did we...

EDIT: Also Vardy has really impressed not only me, but most of the fans. 100% work rate and was unlucky not to get 1, maybe 2 goals if it weren't for the keeper making cracking saves

you really have not got a clue oh i forgot we have the world class strikers in waghorn shlupp futacs yeh

We're in the championship remember.. World class strikers tend to go to MUCH bigger clubs. We haven't missed Beckford and truth be told I wouldn't mind seeing him gone now, get him off the wage bill so come Jan we can invest in some players who will be wanting to play for us.

He'll be off in the next week or so and he'll probably do fairly well elsewhere, but what else can we do? He's not done the business for us consistently and if Pearson can't get the best out of him then move him on. The same happened with DJ, it's frustrating but it happens. I'd rather we saved on his wages than him getting the odd chance and playing like he did against Blackpool and nearly costing us points.

Archived