Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Who Would Of Thought It...

Around this time in July, I was pondering whether to renew my season ticket or not, after last season's disappointing mediocre campaign, and with the teams in the division adding quality players to their side, I wasn't really confident; however I decided to renew my season ticket and at this moment in time I'm glad I did.

The first two months of the season has been very promising, our home form has been brilliant, while despite away losses we were playing very good football and not getting dominated, if we had those games a couple of seasons ago against the likes of Charlton and Blackburn, the team would of probably got dominated and lost more heavily. The last four games has seen a change in fortunes, amongst the fans, amongst the team and amongst this forum, especially last night I never seen the people of Foxes Talk sound so happy, it was very nice to see that people were enjoying themselves and praising the team instead of moaning.

The team seems full of confidence unlike last season when we had such a massive squad, and big ego's such as Matt Mills spoiling the team, so what has changed?

First I will start with our new captain, Wes Morgan. Pearson's choice to appoint Wes Morgan as captain, has been one of the most sensible decisions a Leicester City manager has done in a long time. Ever since Morgan has joined, he has been composed, level headed but most importantly a leader. With a captain like him, who is experienced at what he does, gives the whole team confidence, he is a proper captain who leads the team, while in his own role he dominates and is always one of our better players week in week out, right this minute with current form, he is probably one of the best centre backs in this division. St Ledger has been given another chance, and alongside Morgan a quality central defensive partnership maybe evolving, both players have been absolutely fantastic in our last couple of games.

The midfield has changed dramatically so far this season, we had a lot of off form midfielders last season, King wasn't himself, Wellens gradually got worse and worse, Gallagher was very inconsistent, while Fernandes had his loan terminated, and the legendary Yuki Abe became unsettled. Danny Drinkwater seems to be the biggest difference to our midfield this season, when he came in, in the January transfer window his form was also very inconsistent and I didn't really rate him as a player. So far in this campaign he seems to be a totally changed player which is a major positive, for a guy of Drinkwater's stature you would think he would get dominated against the more physical midfields in this division, but so far this season that hasn't been the case. It's Drinkwater and co who have been dominating against opposition, and not the opposition dominating us, he has had full control of the midfield so far in this campaign, he has worked well with Matty James who of course played together in the Man Utd youth set up, while Andy King is also a major positive as he seems back to form. It's quite nice to be proved wrong from time to time, and so far I have been proved wrong on the Drinkwater situation, in the first two months of this season he has been absolutely fantastic.

Now where do I begin on this gem of a find...Mr Anthony Knockaert has fully energized the whole team and has been a crucial part of our last four wins in the Championship. He has made us tick, by playing the free role and linking up with the rest of the midfield and the strikers. I have never seen a player like him at Leicester City, the kid has so much flair it's unbelievable to watch, those two goals last night were simply incredible, the first one was spectacular but you see goals like that week in week out over different divisions; however his second goal was entirely different and pretty rare to see someone score a goal like that let alone in England, but across the whole of world football. To have the audacity to produce that is pretty unthinkable, even a player of Messi's class probably wouldn't of thought of doing that, in that situation. Anthony Knockaert is a rare find, some Championship sides have found some real class players this summer, Wolves in Bakary Sako, Leeds in Rodolph Austin, Watford in Matej Vydra and Brighton in defender Bruno; however Knockaert could be the best out of the lot. Attendances will begin to rise in my opinion, just because of Knockaert, fingers crossed we can keep hold of him.

Finally Pearson has done a splendid job of getting rid of the dead wood, and overpriced ego's. Who needs Matt Mills for 4-5 million, who needs Beckford for 3-4 million, who needs Lee Peltier, when you can get Jamie Vardy for £1 million from a non league Fleetwood Town, now of course in League 2, who gives much better work rate than Beckford, gives 100% each game and can score goals, who needs Mills when we have Wes Morgan another buy for around £1 million who dominates opposition attacks and is much more of a level headed leader.

The only bad thing about this season so far, is the rumours of Pearson getting sacked; however I won't say anything on the matter because there is enough threads about it. Im just hoping it's a load of bollocks and that he stays.

So far so good this season, hopefully we can make it five wins in a row by beating Bristol City on Saturday.

Keep The Faith :thumbup:

good post :thumbup:

the grammar nazis might be having a go about the title though :D

Forget the grammer nazis it's how the Leicester youngsters speak and write, im not gonna spend hours trying to rectify mistakes or change the title.

It's only a forum, not the Independent newspaper.

Forget the grammer nazis it's how the Leicester youngsters speak and write, im not gonna spend hours trying to rectify mistakes or change the title.

Ah, the old excuse...... ;)

I wanted to give you a +1 but I couldn't bring myself to do it after the title fiasco.

You've let the forum down, you've let Leicester down and you've let yourself down.

I wanted to give you a +1 but I couldn't bring myself to do it after the title fiasco.

You've let the forum down, you've let Leicester down and you've let yourself down.

I just thought I would call it that, because who would of thought it, this time last year we were very medicore, now everything has changed and we are playing extremely well.

Around this time in July, I was pondering whether to renew my season ticket or not, after last season's disappointing mediocre campaign, and with the teams in the division adding quality players to their side, I wasn't really confident; however I decided to renew my season ticket and at this moment in time I'm glad I did.

The first two months of the season has been very promising, our home form has been brilliant, while despite away losses we were playing very good football and not getting dominated, if we had those games a couple of seasons ago against the likes of Charlton and Blackburn, the team would of probably got dominated and lost more heavily. The last four games has seen a change in fortunes, amongst the fans, amongst the team and amongst this forum, especially last night I never seen the people of Foxes Talk sound so happy, it was very nice to see that people were enjoying themselves and praising the team instead of moaning.

The team seems full of confidence unlike last season when we had such a massive squad, and big ego's such as Matt Mills spoiling the team, so what has changed?

First I will start with our new captain, Wes Morgan. Pearson's choice to appoint Wes Morgan as captain, has been one of the most sensible decisions a Leicester City manager has done in a long time. Ever since Morgan has joined, he has been composed, level headed but most importantly a leader. With a captain like him, who is experienced at what he does, gives the whole team confidence, he is a proper captain who leads the team, while in his own role he dominates and is always one of our better players week in week out, right this minute with current form, he is probably one of the best centre backs in this division. St Ledger has been given another chance, and alongside Morgan a quality central defensive partnership maybe evolving, both players have been absolutely fantastic in our last couple of games.

The midfield has changed dramatically so far this season, we had a lot of off form midfielders last season, King wasn't himself, Wellens gradually got worse and worse, Gallagher was very inconsistent, while Fernandes had his loan terminated, and the legendary Yuki Abe became unsettled. Danny Drinkwater seems to be the biggest difference to our midfield this season, when he came in, in the January transfer window his form was also very inconsistent and I didn't really rate him as a player. So far in this campaign he seems to be a totally changed player which is a major positive, for a guy of Drinkwater's stature you would think he would get dominated against the more physical midfields in this division, but so far this season that hasn't been the case. It's Drinkwater and co who have been dominating against opposition, and not the opposition dominating us, he has had full control of the midfield so far in this campaign, he has worked well with Matty James who of course played together in the Man Utd youth set up, while Andy King is also a major positive as he seems back to form. It's quite nice to be proved wrong from time to time, and so far I have been proved wrong on the Drinkwater situation, in the first two months of this season he has been absolutely fantastic.

Now where do I begin on this gem of a find...Mr Anthony Knockaert has fully energized the whole team and has been a crucial part of our last four wins in the Championship. He has made us tick, by playing the free role and linking up with the rest of the midfield and the strikers. I have never seen a player like him at Leicester City, the kid has so much flair it's unbelievable to watch, those two goals last night were simply incredible, the first one was spectacular but you see goals like that week in week out over different divisions; however his second goal was entirely different and pretty rare to see someone score a goal like that let alone in England, but across the whole of world football. To have the audacity to produce that is pretty unthinkable, even a player of Messi's class probably wouldn't of thought of doing that, in that situation. Anthony Knockaert is a rare find, some Championship sides have found some real class players this summer, Wolves in Bakary Sako, Leeds in Rodolph Austin, Watford in Matej Vydra and Brighton in defender Bruno; however Knockaert could be the best out of the lot. Attendances will begin to rise in my opinion, just because of Knockaert, fingers crossed we can keep hold of him.

Finally Pearson has done a splendid job of getting rid of the dead wood, and overpriced ego's. Who needs Matt Mills for 4-5 million, who needs Beckford for 3-4 million, who needs Lee Peltier, when you can get Jamie Vardy for £1 million from a non league Fleetwood Town, now of course in League 2, who gives much better work rate than Beckford, gives 100% each game and can score goals, who needs Mills when we have Wes Morgan another buy for around £1 million who dominates opposition attacks and is much more of a level headed leader.

The only bad thing about this season so far, is the rumours of Pearson getting sacked; however I won't say anything on the matter because there is enough threads about it. Im just hoping it's a load of bollocks and that he stays.

So far so good this season, hopefully we can make it five wins in a row by beating Bristol City on Saturday.

Keep The Faith :thumbup:

Are you feeling alright mate?

In truth I pretty much completely agree with everything in this post, nothing to add or comment against.. +1 from me sir!

Who would 'have' thought it?

Mediocre?

lol

Sorry mate couldn't resist...

Of/Have proper Leicester youngster talk that is, least I didn't put 'av' that's proper chavvy.

Mediocre I know how to spell it, but it was the fast typing you see Col, easy mistake when your in the typing groove.

Probably some errors in the above as well, but nevermind im happy I got a C in GCSE English.

Of/Have proper Leicester youngster talk that is, least I didn't put 'av' that's proper chavvy.

Mediocre I know how to spell it, but it was the fast typing you see Col, easy mistake when your in the typing groove.

Probably some errors in the above as well, but nevermind im happy I got a C in GCSE English.

Great post though mate!

+1 from me fella

Are you feeling alright mate?

In truth I pretty much completely agree with everything in this post, nothing to add or comment against.. +1 from me sir!

What do you mean by are you feeling alright?

I can voice some decent opinions from time to time, I got +12 on one of my threads, that's how good I can be, very rare to see a post like that get +5 let alone +12 unless it includes something funny.

I am not all about the banter you know :P

What do you mean by are you feeling alright?

I can voice some decent opinions from time to time, I got +12 on one of my threads, that's how good I can be, very rare to see a post like that get +5 let alone +12 unless it includes something funny.

I am not all about the banter you know :P

Oooooooh get you with your +1's!

lol

Only been nine games, good start which I'm pleased about but being 2nd now doesn't mean a huge amount.

Sorry if that sounds negative at all, I am happy with how we've started of course! ;) I just think people are getting over excited about our current league position.

I'll take any excitement Leicester throws my way and will roll with it for however long it lasts even with the odd hiccup along the way.

I'll take any excitement Leicester throws my way and will roll with it for however long it lasts even with the odd hiccup along the way.

Well it should ( :fc: )continue for the next few games. Three at home and Birmingham away are all games that could be won. I think we have a fair chance of being top after those four :D and then we're beyond what most people would define as the 'start' of the season.

Archived