Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
daddylonglegs

Neil Danns

Danns is a superb player that would be an asset to our squad in my opinion.

He has barely kicked a competitive ball since last March yet people think he should put in a virtuoso performance in his first start back against Burton.

I have no idea why he is not playing, but if you compare him to Waghorn who is also playing badly but getting in the squad / coming on from the bench then it is a mystery to me.

You cant say he never performed for the Foxes either unless you missed all of his post Christmas performances last season when he was our key man.

Now we are winning and starting to play well Dann's case for a place in the team is out of the window for now, I sincerely hope he gets his chance again as he would be very useful to our campaign.

He's a liability, simple. He can't pass, he can't retain the ball, he lunges into challenges because he can't tackle and gives away loads of silly free kicks and picks up needless bookings, his vision and his reading of the game isn't great either. The only thing he's really got going for him is that he's a hard worker. That's not enough.

Danns seems to spend much of his time promoting his Spitter2 website, organising competitions, recording documentaries, putting pictures of himself meeting pop stars on Twitter.

He seems to be using his footballer status to launch a "B list" celebrity career for himself. I'd be surprised he could find the time to turn up for training every day.

How do you think Sir Nigel is gonna react to that?

Our current midfield is doing VERY

So why change it ? Danns is now behind Drinkwater, King and James so if all thre are fit he cannt make the bench, he needs to appect the situation and take what chances he is given or move on. A months loan would not be a bad idea to get him fit, but that's about it really. He could well be behind Wellens now, so it's up to Danns to put up or shut up.

Now we are winning and starting to play well Dann's case for a place in the team is out of the window for now, I sincerely hope he gets his chance again as he would be very useful to our campaign.

So you'd like us to start losing and playing badly so Neil Danns gets his chance in the team? I'd prefer us to stick with the current side and keeping winning.

OMG how many times are people going to say Danns is not a Pearson player on here Pearson tried to sign Danns at Hull! I think Danns has requested a transfer simular to Beckford which is why he isn't featuring in the squad Pearson has had a history of only playing players who want to play and have a future at the club

Hahahaaa and managers never make mistakes? He's not a Pearson type player for the reasons that he's a crap passer, crap tackler and has poor discipline. Players of that nature don't last too long with Nigel.

Danns is the opposite of what I'd consider a 'vital player'. He's ok on his day but I honestly don't care if he doesn't play for us again. We've got players who can actually pass the ball at a high tempo in midfield now.

Agree with this.. He brings us pace/energy, but other than that, does foul a lot and does give the ball away a lot. He had one spell where he looked good for us, towards the end of last season, but I wouldn't call him 'vital' either.

So you'd like us to start losing and playing badly so Neil Danns gets his chance in the team? I'd prefer us to stick with the current side and keeping winning.

That is almost the opposite of what he said...

Mack, i am interested why you think he's such an 'asset'. He looks to be average a good deal of the time and of late has been poor more often than good. It may be harsh if he doesn't get another chance but I wouldn't be surprised or upset if that were it for him. Another player who's work rate outshines his skill.

No offence to Neil or Lee or whatever his name is today but we are playing a game at present where we are looking pacy keeping the ball really well and getting it back quickly without giving away freekicks(stats are really low).His style does not fit with that.may have his day in the sun later in the season and we should support him when he gets a chance

He hasnt been much good when hes played this season admittedly but he should still be on the bench as it is weighed far to heavily in favour of our attackers. We currently only have James who can play in Central Midfield, whilst we can replace our front four man for man. Having Danns on the bench would be far more useful to us than say Futacs would.

It doesn't matter that I think Danns has bags of energy but can't retain possession to save his life.

It doesn't matter that someone here thinks he should be given a chance.

What matters is what Nigel knows from seeing him every single day. If Nigel thought he could do a job in our 18, he'd be in our 18.

Are our players the best in the division in their respective positions? A few of them probably are, but certainly not all so why are we doing well? It's because we're a team... that after 2 years has finally started playing as a team.

I don't think Danns is disruptive to this team ethic but now the 'Bruv clique' of Pelts, Becks has gone, something seems to have happened & perhaps if we had an outstanding U21 midfielder like we have forwards Danns would already be out.

Nige is proving that he's on the right track anyway & why risk that

No offence to Neil or Lee or whatever his name is today but we are playing a game at present where we are looking pacy keeping the ball really well and getting it back quickly without giving away freekicks(stats are really low).His style does not fit with that.may have his day in the sun later in the season and we should support him when he gets a chance

Excellent point about the freekicks, Danns was awful for giving loads of them away & its just attacking pressure we don't need if we have players who can win the ball back without fouling 95% of the time.

Add that to his crap passing which loses possession & invites more opposition attacks & its barely even a debate.

Those two points are good indicators that he just can't do a job for us.

He hasnt been much good when hes played this season admittedly but he should still be on the bench as it is weighed far to heavily in favour of our attackers. We currently only have James who can play in Central Midfield, whilst we can replace our front four man for man. Having Danns on the bench would be far more useful to us than say Futacs would.

Futacs offers us a great deal of height that none of our other strikers do. We're yet to need him when we're chasing a game but it'll come at some point and i'd rather he was thrown on to score than Danns to come on and help us concede a few more.

It doesn't matter that I think Danns has bags of energy but can't retain possession to save his life.

It doesn't matter that someone here thinks he should be given a chance.

What matters is what Nigel knows from seeing him every single day. If Nigel thought he could do a job in our 18, he'd be in our 18.

Are our players the best in the division in their respective positions? A few of them probably are, but certainly not all so why are we doing well? It's because we're a team... that after 2 years has finally started playing as a team.

I don't think Danns is disruptive to this team ethic but now the 'Bruv clique' of Pelts, Becks has gone, something seems to have happened & perhaps if we had an outstanding U21 midfielder like we have forwards Danns would already be out.

Nige is proving that he's on the right track anyway & why risk that

I think there is a lot of truth in this, NFP sees the players everyday and clearly wants his team to be full of players of a certain type.

Our first team squad are mostly young players, with two or three senior players who are very professional. The result is a squad that is tightly focused on playing for City and playing for each other.

NFP has done some serious house cleaning, the 'Manchester Mafia', the 'Bruv Clique' (as you put it) are gone and the focus and intensity of this squad is, for the moment, formidable.

Danns' off field antics and 'living the dream' style does not impress NFP, his play (what we have seen) has been loose and unfocused, he has a lot to do before he has any chance of getting a game.

Futacs offers us a great deal of height that none of our other strikers do. We're yet to need him when we're chasing a game but it'll come at some point and i'd rather he was thrown on to score than Danns to come on and help us concede a few more.

Danns can play in a number of positions in our current formation though. As one of the two CMs or as part of the attacking three up top (I am not saying that he should play there but that he can if it was needed). Futacs can play as the lone striker and thats it and we have four other players who can play that role all with more speed and movement which is what the way we are currently playing is based on. I think having Danns on the benchoffers us more options.

I remain torn on Danns.

I do agree with Mack, that Danns was becoming one of our better players last season, until the ban. The away game at Derby was all about Danns.

However, I also agree that he flies in recklessly for challenges he cant make, and gives the ball away just too frequently.

Finally, I've always thought his twitter stuff dont help him with Nige.

He says he's out of the team because we're playing well and getting results, but he wants him to come back into the side and get another chance. Surely this would be precipitated by a downturn in form?

It looks like he's admitting that now is not the time but in future, should we require it, then he deserves another chance. You'd be stupid to put him anywhere near the first XI right now.

It looks like he's admitting that now is not the time but in future, should we require it, then he deserves another chance. You'd be stupid to put him anywhere near the first XI right now.

Though I do agree, I have this sneaky feeling that Danns COULD come into this team and look a better player than we've seen so far. I wouldnt change this team at present, of course, but I do believe Knocky's free role is making a huge difference. Danns could come in and not look out of place I don't think.

I think this shows that the 'quality/formation' debate is a two-pronged thing. Now we have real quality in Knocky (and Drinky IMO...but I've always said that) AND we are playing a formation suited to their general attributes its all looking so much better. I think Danns, if needed, could enter the fray and not look out of place.

Neil Danns is the 'new' Ritchie Wellens........ ;)

Another player who is, basically, a con. Both players are 'showy' in different ways, they do things to impress the crowd without really impacting the game in a positive manner.

In reality they play the game for themselves, not the team.

I find it incomprehensible that anyone would think they are worth a place in our squad at the current time and although Danns has some ability he has a lot to do to show that he is the kind of player that is required.

Neil Danns is the 'new' Ritchie Wellens........ ;)

Another player who is, basically, a con. Both players are 'showy' in different ways, they do things to impress the crowd without really impacting the game in a positive manner.

In reality they play the game for themselves, not the team.

I find it incomprehensible that anyone would think they are worth a place in our squad at the current time and although Danns has some ability he has a lot to do to show that he is the kind of player that is required.

Blimey Dave, you even have to have a stab at Wellens via a post about Danns.

Has everyone forgotten that Wellens was City's player of the season under Pearson first time round?

He's 32 now and his legs are going. That don't mean you have to consider the man 'a con'.. nor do you have to label Danns in such a way either.

:(

Danns can play in a number of positions in our current formation though. As one of the two CMs or as part of the attacking three up top (I am not saying that he should play there but that he can if it was needed). Futacs can play as the lone striker and thats it and we have four other players who can play that role all with more speed and movement which is what the way we are currently playing is based on. I think having Danns on the benchoffers us more options.

Are any of them good in the air though? Waghorn's ok but not big enough, Nugent and Vardy don't exactly lead the line. Futacs is perfect to throw on when you need to bombard the box with crosses. He's also exceptionally good at holding the ball up from what I saw of him last season. Danns might be an option to have on the bench but Pearson prefers to have 3 strikers.

Archived