Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
daddylonglegs

Neil Danns

So if you're coming on to this post expecting some ridiculous transfer rumour, you've come to the wrong place.

This is simply a question, why has he barely kicked a ball for us this season?

The guy was Palace's captain, and was absolutely brilliant at the end of last season, admittedly he was a right idiot to get himself sent off, and then he got injured, and now he seems to be the forgotten man? For him not to even be included in the squad is absolutely ridiculous.

I understand that there are three midfielders 'before' him in Pearsons mind, but none of the have the same qualities as him-the energy that he gives the team, Kingy has his trademark runs, and Drinky and James hold, but Pearson shouldn't change a winning team, but he certainly should be given a chance sooner or later, or another club will come knocking at the door, and we'll lose another (what should be) vital player.

go easy..

He hasn't taken his chances, Burton game he was rubbish, and he was crap when he came on against Blackburn, and was indirectly responsible for their winning goal.

Not much of a chance to be fair.

I'm not really gonna complain, we're winning.

Actually I was expecting exactly what I got. :P

I don't think anyone minds the idea of him getting a chance but with the players in front of him doing well he will have to bide his time, work hard and take the chance when it comes. For all his energy he doesn't pass it as well the other central midfielder's at the club and it is a massive part of how we are playing this year.

So if you're coming on to this post expecting some ridiculous transfer rumour, you've come to the wrong place.

This is simply a question, why has he barely kicked a ball for us this season?

The guy was Palace's captain, and was absolutely brilliant at the end of last season, admittedly he was a right idiot to get himself sent off, and then he got injured, and now he seems to be the forgotten man? For him not to even be included in the squad is absolutely ridiculous.

I understand that there are three midfielders 'before' him in Pearsons mind, but none of the have the same qualities as him-the energy that he gives the team, Kingy has his trademark runs, and Drinky and James hold, but Pearson shouldn't change a winning team, but he certainly should be given a chance sooner or later, or another club will come knocking at the door, and we'll lose another (what should be) vital player.

go easy..

I know, they can pass and retain the ball. Danns had the opportunity to impress against League 2 Burton and he failed... miserably!

He hasn't taken his chances, Burton game he was rubbish, and he was crap when he came on against Blackburn, and was indirectly responsible for their winning goal.

Beckford was given about 40 chances.A player who works his hardest for the club, doesn't get 1?

We've won four games on the bounce, let's not bring him back. You don't know what effect he's having behind the scenes, if we're winning games without him in the squad then he should remain out of the squad. If another club come knocking they can have him, we can get rid of another of Sven's high earners. He's not a vital player, he has barely played all season and we're second.

He's been shit in the few games he's played and on that basis is nowhere near the sqaud we're playing at the minute.

I mean, I like the guy, but you'd be mental to drop anyone in our midfield for him at the minute. Even James, despite not being that noticable, is doing a good job.

He's pretty crap. Runs around like a headless chicken leaving gaps all over the shop. If he was given a free role he'd probably be alright and I suspect he had that at Palace, but under Pearson that aint going to happen.

Beckford was given about 40 chances.A player who works his hardest for the club, doesn't get 1?

Beckford was given 49 chances, Danns was given 40 chances. The reason he got less was stupid suspensions and injuries. He's crap, move on.

His ball retention is worse than the other midfielders and although he is energetic, Drinkwater and King proved the other evening that sensible play can dominate in the midfield area without being reckless.

He's played a couple of times this season and didn't impress.

Actually I was expecting exactly what I got. :P

I don't think anyone minds the idea of him getting a chance but with the players in front of him doing well he will have to bide his time, work hard and take the chance when it comes. For all his energy he doesn't pass it as well the other central midfielder's at the club and it is a massive part of how we are playing this year.

I take that back.

Was thinking about this last night tbh

I came to the conclusion that Danns is a player who doesnt have the right type of attitude to be used by Pearson, hes all huff and puff and In the wrong situations can cause big problems for the team as evident against Hull and whatever happened after that, Pearson want determined driven players who think alike and Danns is abit of an odd one out now.

But I think Pearson actually likes him because he tried to get him at Hull and used him to his strengths last season, and If Danns reacts propperly and gets his head right for the team he could still play a vital role in our future.

Just hope it all happens on good terms

Not much of a chance to be fair.

I'm not really gonna complain, we're winning.

He has chances every training session to impress, but I can't comment on that, Danns' biggest problem is inconsistency, on his game he is as good as any midfielder at the club, but when he isn't on form he is utter dog shit, giving away the ball cheaply and fouling repeatedly.

The problem is you really don't know which Danns is going to turn up, so it is a risk we can afford not to take at the moment.

Was thinking about this last night tbh

I came to the conclusion that Danns is a player who doesnt have the right type of attitude to be used by Pearson, hes all huff and puff and In the wrong situations can cause big problems for the team as evident against Hull and whatever happened after that, Pearson want determined driven players who think alike and Danns is abit of an odd one out now.

But I think Pearson actually likes him because he tried to get him at Hull and used him to his strengths last season, and If Danns reacts propperly and gets his head right for the team he could still play a vital role in our future.

Just hope it all happens on good terms

Danns at his best is a dynamic midfielder who can drive forward with the ball, create and score goals as well as having a good engine and can get back and help out the defence.

At his worst he is ill disciplined, positionally and in terms of his poor tackiling, crap passer, he gives away possession cheaply so often, makes the team as a whole lose shape by being caught out of position and trying to do too much.

At the moment we look a lot better without Danns than we ever did with him, he needs games, but by giving him games we are risking dropping points until he can rediscover his form, a loan deal would be the best for all concerned, maybe they have a few games lined up for the international break, but I think it would take some injuries for him to actually get a chance any time soon.

We talk about inconsistency with Danns but what about Waghorn?!, he's suppose to be a striker when was the last goal he scored, how many times as he assisted a striker to score!

The last league game he started he scored, in the last development game he played he got a hat-trick, and he also scored a couple for the England U-21s not that long ago.

Anyway this thread is not about Waghorn, it is about Danns, who when he is having one of his bad games, he costs us possession, free kicks and goals.

We talk about inconsistency with Danns but what about Waghorn?!, he's suppose to be a striker when was the last goal he scored, how many times as he assisted a striker to score!

Why is that every time someone wants to defend one player they almost immediately slag off another to do so?

The last league game he started he scored, in the last development game he played he got a hat-trick, and he also scored a couple for the England U-21s not that long ago.

Anyway this thread is not about Waghorn, it is about Danns, who when he is having one of his bad games, he costs us possession, free kicks and goals.

Wow how amazing Waggy scores in the pre season hasn't scored a league goal since last game of the season against Leeds. Beckford scored in the pre season aswell and look where he's gone. Danns is still an excellent centre midfielder who deserves a chance, he should be on the bench against Bristol City I think. Another player who needs a little more game time is Schlupp we haven't seen him enough of him since Pearson arrived.

It's clear there's something happened that we don't know about .....

He's had two chances one cup game and 10-20 mins as a sub ..... he wasn't the worst player on the pitch in either situation. He's not taken his chances but they haven't been very forthcoming to a player so far up the first team squad last season.

I'm not sure how he's meant to take his chance to impress in training when he's not even with the first team.

Why is that every time someone wants to defend one player they almost immediately slag off another to do so?

There's 11 starting spots and 7 on the bench he's comparing one player to another that is making one of those slots ahead of him that doesn't appear to make any sense.

Archived