Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
daddylonglegs

Neil Danns

There's 11 starting spots and 7 on the bench he's comparing one player to another that is making one of those slots ahead of him that doesn't appear to make any sense.

If they played in the same position or there wasn't a CM on the bench that might make more sense.

Guest BlueBrett

He looked nowhere near fit at Burton to me. Had people running off him all the time and seemed to lack the energy to go with them. Sure he would have sorted it out by now if I'm right but perhaps Pearson doesn't forgive laziness easily.

Maybe the club need to arrange a friendly against a premier league club during the international weekend, in order to look at players who are out of the picture at the moment.

That's what the development squad is for and that may be Danns' best chance of proving his worth, at least in the immediate future.

Guest BlueBrett

Always feel a bit uneasy when posting about Danns because you just know he's the kind of bloke that googles himself daily

OMG how many times are people going to say Danns is not a Pearson player on here Pearson tried to sign Danns at Hull! I think Danns has requested a transfer simular to Beckford which is why he isn't featuring in the squad Pearson has had a history of only playing players who want to play and have a future at the club

Guest BlueBrett
I often wonder whether players read this forum. I bet a few do

Definitely. Stringer obviously does too so I feel for him a bit when the hate threads pop up a few times a season.

Is that a euphemism?

lol no but the thought did occur to me as I wrote it

I often wonder whether players read this forum. I bet a few do

Foxestalk has probably been the reason for our bad performances for the last few years Sven had no chance with the way we have been demoralising the players and making Michael Johnson fat jokes

Wow how amazing Waggy scores in the pre season hasn't scored a league goal since last game of the season against Leeds. Beckford scored in the pre season aswell and look where he's gone. Danns is still an excellent centre midfielder who deserves a chance, he should be on the bench against Bristol City I think. Another player who needs a little more game time is Schlupp we haven't seen him enough of him since Pearson arrived.

Didn't say he was amazing, you asked when he last scored, you didn't say who for, so I told you. If you don't like the answer then don't ask the question.

As for why he is on the bench ahead of Danns, because np can trust him to come on and do the job asked of him.

I don't think he trusts Danns to come on and do what is required for the team, see Blackburn game, likewise Beckford after the Blackpool game, Waghorn may not be the greatest finisher in the world, but you can rely on him to come on not let the opposition defence settle, win the call high up the pitch and hold the ball up. Not to mention creating chances for himself and others, he had a big part in Nugent's third against Hull.

I just wish he had buried that chance at wolves and the fans had as much faith in him as np does.

Danns is the opposite of what I'd consider a 'vital player'. He's ok on his day but I honestly don't care if he doesn't play for us again. We've got players who can actually pass the ball at a high tempo in midfield now.

I think he has gone distinctly downhill since he changed his name to Lee Danns....... :whistle:

I was quite excited when we signed him as I had seen him play quite well on a couple of occasions.

Sadly he has been in and out the side because, as far as I can see, he lacks focus and intensity, even on his best days his play is loose and poorly disciplined. He chases around a lot but is largely ineffective, King, Drinkwater and James are all way alead of him...... :thumbup:

Why do players get pissy when they're not played? They signed as long a contract as they could get to claw as much money from the club as possible then they start moaning and demanding to move as soon as they're not playing for a few months, it's taking the piss.

Not saying this is the situation with Danns (yet) but it's happened with several players this year that aren't that good and have been playing poorly. They have to expect to be dropped if they're not contributing. Don't sign 4 year contracts if you can't hack being dropped.

I couldn't and still can't understand why Neil Danns is so highly rated by so many people. He has a high energy game and he did have one spell towards the end of last season when he was pretty good for us.

But even when he's good the thing that he can't hide is that he's good despite a general lack of quality. He doesn't retain the ball well, pass it well or use it well (in the main). Drinkwater is miles better and has so much more potential. King on last seasons form had more potential, but this season he's miles better as well. So the only argument, for me, is whether he's 3rd choice.

Pearson is gradually clearing out all our vital players and we are slowly but surely getting better and better? It doesn't really make sense does it?

I couldn't and still can't understand why Neil Danns is so highly rated by so many people. He has a high energy game and he did have one spell towards the end of last season when he was pretty good for us.

But even when he's good the thing that he can't hide is that he's good despite a general lack of quality. He doesn't retain the ball well, pass it well or use it well (in the main). Drinkwater is miles better and has so much more potential. King on last seasons form had more potential, but this season he's miles better as well. So the only argument, for me, is whether he's 3rd choice.

Pearson is gradually clearing out all our vital players and we are slowly but surely getting better and better? It doesn't really make sense does it?

Does to me, and I'm loving every second of it!

Archived