Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gaffer

Climbing over seats

I was wondering if anyone could clear something up for me, specifically the ground rules on climbing over seats. At the end of the game we usually climb over a few rows to get to the smaller set of stairs of an exit below us. Every couple of seats I'll push a seat forward and use that to step down, today I got an earful from a steward about stepping on seats and how it's breaking the rules. On the way out I asked another steward who said that it was because if I was to injure myself then I wouldn't be entitiled to sue the club. It's not in my nature to blame/sue other people for my own incompetence, so I intend to carry on doing this, does anyone know the specific rule? Or does this jobsworth steward have a point?

Guest parky0607

Cant believe how many people left early today, especially considering the boys won. Fire drill was firmly put into practice.

After we stayed up at Deepdale in 2007, the steward told me to stop standing on seats to climb down the stand. I decided to finish with a flourish by springboarding off the back of the last seat. Turns out they're not great at supporting weight, I lost my balance and nearly landed on said steward.

Why do you have to stand on the seat? Surely that's more unstable than just stepping over it :huh:

If you have short legs like me, there's noway you'd be able to climb over one of those seats without folding down first.

Man.....how short are your legs?

lol I've only got like a 29 inch inside leg! Saying I can't step over them might be a bit of an exaggeration but it's certainly a lot easier by folding them down.

After we stayed up at Deepdale in 2007, the steward told me to stop standing on seats to climb down the stand. I decided to finish with a flourish by springboarding off the back of the last seat. Turns out they're not great at supporting weight, I lost my balance and nearly landed on said steward.

I climbed over a seat at Deepdale when we made the play-offs, got my fvcking underwear caught on a seat when climbing over, ripped them, tripped over and fell flat and worst of all my mates didn't actually see it - randomers did but not my mates who walked on without me and I was running all over the place looking for our coach. lol

I'm short (no more than 5'5) and fat and even I can step from one row to another over the seats without having to put the seat down and stand on it. :blink:

I think you should get some patience, or leave with the people who when we're winning 2-0 incredibly were filing out with over 5 mins of normal time to go, embarassing lack of respect/support to a team going top of the league.Whoever you are it's shameful.

Archived