Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

LCFC Crest 20ish Years old

I was told they dropped the cross whips and fox because of anti fox hunting feeling . But then they still play the post horn gallop so a bit confusing . Personally although I think our present badge is one of the best looking club badges the cross whip fox and shield of the sixties and seventies is still the best.

I was told they dropped the cross whips and fox because of anti fox hunting feeling . But then they still play the post horn gallop so a bit confusing . Personally although I think our present badge is one of the best looking club badges the cross whip fox and shield of the sixties and seventies is still the best.

Maybe because the Post horn Gallop has nothing to do with fox hunting,

Maybe because the Post horn Gallop has nothing to do with fox hunting,

Davie ,yes I know it was a clarion call for the coach mails but it has also been associated with fox hunting if nothing else with the horn . There would be no other reason for us to adopt the post horn gallop as we have never been called the coach & horses. ( imagine how many pubs would be city fans ) So rightly or wrongly the post horn gallop is associated with fox hunting.

Davie ,yes I know it was a clarion call for the coach mails but it has also been associated with fox hunting if nothing else with the horn . There would be no other reason for us to adopt the post horn gallop as we have never been called the coach & horses. ( imagine how many pubs would be city fans ) So rightly or wrongly the post horn gallop is associated with fox hunting.

I think having whips on the badge is a bit more of an obvious link though.

Well I don't know the whats, whys and wherefores for our adoption of it, if it was for the perceived fox hunting link they got it wrong. But hey i guess no one cares really.

Maybe it's because this is the only Leicester badge I've ever seen the team play in, but for me it's a damn good badge.

It's smart, unmistakable, bold, memorable, not overly complex - ticks all the right boxes. Even if I weren't a Leicester supporter, I'd still say it was one of this countries best badges.

I like RugbyFox's reply to that article:

"Design is ok, but for me it lacks impact. The fox needs to be given a bit of ‘attitude’… a snarling mouth with his sheep tearing teeth showing rather than the overly long nose and spaced-out eyes! The font is also a little out of date. I did email the club last year offering to re-design the badge (free of charge)… but didn’t get a reply."

I really hope that was a joke. That's almost like writing to Pearson and saying "Put my in the squad, I'll play for minimum wage", and then being surprised to not get a reply.

There's a fine art to logo/badge/brand design, and the fact that this logo has lasted 20 years with only very minor tweaks - whilst still looking modern - speaks volumes. You stick some "attitude" on that fox's face and it'd be a disgrace. As the designer pointed out, the fox is portrait (no longer side on) and that alone has just enough hint of menace about it.

Happy 20th, Fox badge!

Maybe it's because this is the only Leicester badge I've ever seen the team play in, but for me it's a damn good badge.

It's smart, unmistakable, bold, memorable, not overly complex - ticks all the right boxes. Even if I weren't a Leicester supporter, I'd still say it was one of this countries best badges.

I like RugbyFox's reply to that article:

"Design is ok, but for me it lacks impact. The fox needs to be given a bit of ‘attitude’… a snarling mouth with his sheep tearing teeth showing rather than the overly long nose and spaced-out eyes! The font is also a little out of date. I did email the club last year offering to re-design the badge (free of charge)… but didn’t get a reply."

I really hope that was a joke. That's almost like writing to Pearson and saying "Put my in the squad, I'll play for minimum wage", and then being surprised to not get a reply.

There's a fine art to logo/badge/brand design, and the fact that this logo has lasted 20 years with only very minor tweaks - whilst still looking modern - speaks volumes. You stick some "attitude" on that fox's face and it'd be a disgrace. As the designer pointed out, the fox is portrait (no longer side on) and that alone has just enough hint of menace about it.

Happy 20th, Fox badge!

:thumbup:

Archived