Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iateseagulls

we love you

firstly would like to say what a great day i had yesterday and that any leicester fans i came across after the game were complementary and not confrontational which was nice so here is my view on you singing we love you every club sings songs that other clubs sing so whats so different about this song we didn't make it up so why have we become so protective we should be proud that we have made it a bit more popular i think we became more precious over it when brighton tried to do a version last year which quite honestly was a joke and after we showed them how to do last season while spanking 3-1 i think we embaressed them into giving up also i think maybe wrong that man u do a version of our pride of south london song which i never herd before we played them last year it should be treated as a complement our group of ultras were not universally loved at the start but have become part of the fabric of palace now and keep a atmosphere going even when we go two goals down as has recently happened twice that is something your fans could learn from as they went a bit quite yesterday but no gloating long way to go and fully expect you to be there at the end of the season hope we are there with you and not some sell out welsh club

............;;;;;;;;;;;'''''''''''''!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.............. for all you punctuation nazis have some fun with them i find it so funny how some fans react to the lack of it makes me want to do it more and if you cannot breathe with out full stops how do get on with life when your not reading

You're right I don't think there is anything wrong with copying songs but to be fair I think we have always felt a bit guilty about mocking we love you from you and maybe that's why we haven't been singing it with such gusto this season your fans were good yesterday and o think its fair to say that most Leicester fans are quite impressed by palace we know you're quite a small club but if you carry on like this you could definitely be massive like us one day but seriously you're the kind of club I would like to see get promoted no massive spending no parachute payments just a solid mid size club with a good set of fans working hard to get promoted hopefully we both tale the auto spots and leave those redbirds to fail in the play offs again but I do worry neither of is have the strength in depth to last the pace of the top 2 and we'll both go through some tough patches this year and probably end up meeting in the playoffs hopefully in the final at Wembley where we'll obviously thrash you but until then best of luck for the season we'll look forward to visiting your place maybe by then we'll have some new songs of our own

............;;;;;;;;;;;'''''''''''''!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.............. for all you punctuation nazis have some fun with them i find it so funny how some fans react to the lack of it makes me want to do it more and if you cannot breathe with out full stops how do get on with life when your not reading

To be fair mate i would normally agree with you...but not in this instance.

Firstly; would like to say what a great day I had yesterday and that any Leicester fans I came across after the game were complimentary and not confrontational, which was nice.

So, here is my view on you singing 'We love you', every club sings songs that other clubs sing so what's so different about this song? We didn't make it up so why have we become so protective (of it), we should be proud that we have made it a bit more popular. I think we became more precious over it when Brighton tried to do a version last year; which quite honestly was a joke and after we showed them how to do (it) last season, whilst spanking (them) 3-1 I think we embarrassed them into giving up!

Also I think that it might be wrong that Man U do a version of our 'Pride of South London' song which I'd never heard before we played them last year.

It should be treated as a compliment that our group of ultras, who were not universally loved at the start but have become part of the fabric of Palace now, keep an atmosphere going even when we go two goals down as has recently happened twice. This is something your fans could learn from as they went a bit quiet yesterday, but no gloating there is a long way to go and I fully expect you to be there at the end of the season.

I hope we are up there with you and not some sell out Welsh club!

Fixed to the best of my knowledge! :thumbup:

when the ball went in i went from laughing my head off that you had just brought on i giant to go in goal for the penalties to complete agony such is football back to topic keep sing any song you like but try it even more when your losing we do but we have had lots of practice

Oh right...it was a gap fill.

'We Love You' no more belongs to Palace than 'Left Side, Right Side' belongs to us.

We both stole the songs from someone else outside of English football.

The fact is, there is hardly any originality in football songs. All clubs steal songs of other clubs, what is the big deal?

What would be a crying shame would be to stop doing it. Forget the moaning of people who think we should sing WYS for 90 minutes, 'We Love You' gets the whole ground going and makes the atmosphere a bit more fun. Kids love it and we need every help we can get to stop them following some glory hunter club,

Palace played some stunning football for the first 30 minutes yesterday and we were caught flat footed. It made it a miserable day to be in the home end at the King Power Stadium and therefore hard to keep the atmosphere going.

But let's not be too critical of ourselves or throw away good work on the atmosphere due to a bad day in the office.

'We Love You' no more belongs to Palace than 'Left Side, Right Side' belongs to us.

We both stole the songs from someone else outside of English football.

The fact is, there is hardly any originality in football songs. All clubs steal songs of other clubs, what is the big deal?

What would be a crying shame would be to stop doing it. Forget the moaning of people who think we should sing WYS for 90 minutes, 'We Love You' gets the whole ground going and makes the atmosphere a bit more fun. Kids love it and we need every help we can get to stop them following some glory hunter club,

Palace played some stunning football for the first 30 minutes yesterday and we were caught flat footed. It made it a miserable day to be in the home end at the King Power Stadium and therefore hard to keep the atmosphere going.

But let's not be too critical of ourselves or throw away good work on the atmosphere due to a bad day in the office.

I agree.

You'll Never Walk Alone, we all know which club that song belongs to. However, Celtic also use that song. Should Celtic fans stop singing it ? I think not.

I'm not pleased you had a good day (I'd rather you have gone home with a defeat), but Palace impressed me. Set up well and gave a typical, very good, away performance. I was impressed with a few of your players, especially Murray. Good luck for the rest of the season anyway (as long as you don't beat us at Selhurst Park!), I'm pretty sure if you play like that you'll be 'up there'.

Can't think of seeing a better team than Palace this season.

I agree.

You'll Never Walk Alone, we all know which club that song belongs to. However, Celtic also use that song. Should Celtic fans stop singing it ? I think not.

Well exactly that.

Also, You'll Never Walk Alone is a much better anthem than When Your Smiling. First of all it is slow. Even the most tonally challenged (such as me) can can keep up with it. Apart from being fast, When Your Smiling is also complicated and has too many words. Maybe in the old Kop it was possible for people to pick it up but in the wide open spaces of the King Power Stadium it is just not going to happen.

We need big, simple songs at the KP.

no big deal that was my point ! wow you lot look some punctuation for all you fans ..................................... like all clubs some fans read post and discuss it while others just moan about anything and everything

Ok, while we are on the subject...have you ever heard of capital letters? lol:thumbup:

I didn't think Palace were that loud at Selhurst when you were two goals down last year.

They had a good day yesterday and we had a bad one.

Let's not get too carried away with our analysis. We have decent, loyal fans who stick by the team and make an effort to get an atmosphere going.

Let's look forwards to business as usual against Watford and then Forest.

Archived