Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
iateseagulls

we love you

I think my fellow fan was ranting, typing it as he said it in his head :)

I think what triggered this was the fact a few weeks ago your club announced that you made scarves with the word to the song on, "your" song, there was no way yesterday you would beat us at singing it, enjoyed yesterday not just because of the result (90%of it maybe) but the pubs and the general warmth of fans/police/stewards, I didnt see one pub with "home" fans only, which makes a pleasent day out and how it should be.

Well exactly that.

Also, You'll Never Walk Alone is a much better anthem than When Your Smiling. First of all it is slow. Even the most tonally challenged (such as me) can can keep up with it. Apart from being fast, When Your Smiling is also complicated and has too many words. Maybe in the old Kop it was possible for people to pick it up but in the wide open spaces of the King Power Stadium it is just not going to happen.

We need big, simple songs at the KP.

The original WYS is slow! the version 'sung' at the KP is a monotonous chant. if it is to be retained it needs to be learnt properly.

keep saying this, it's our song, nobody else sings it, learn the tune

The original WYS is slow! the version 'sung' at the KP is a monotonous chant. if it is to be retained it needs to be learnt properly.

keep saying this, it's our song, nobody else sings it, learn the tune

If they want to play some pre match music they should play wys instead of the current crap they're playing.

We've tried embracing all these simple modern songs but they've actually made the atmosphere worse.

Yes, We love you is good at times, it does get more fans involved than any other chant. But we can't sing that for 90 minutes can we? The obssession with that chant and refusal to be traditional has actually killed off all the other chants. The lack of variety is a hinderance.

As I've said plenty of times, WYS could be the best anthem in the country if we sung it properly with a bit of passion, but nobody gives a shit. We just dont' have many passionate fans. We've got plenty of loyal ones, but not many passionate ones.

There are plenty of old songs we've just abandoned and the atmosphere has suffered as a result, and there's no real excuse for it. It's nothing to do with the stadium, it's our fault.

Nail on the head there mate.

I think what triggered this was the fact a few weeks ago your club announced that you made scarves with the word to the song on, "your" song, there was no way yesterday you would beat us at singing it, enjoyed yesterday not just because of the result (90%of it maybe) but the pubs and the general warmth of fans/police/stewards, I didnt see one pub with "home" fans only, which makes a pleasent day out and how it should be.

Well, yeah. But don't mistake marketing gimmickry from the people who run the club for the actual position of the fans. We all know the scarf thing was a complete joke just as much as you do.

I've made this point before but nearly all Championship clubs, desperate to sell tickets to fill oversized grounds, have resorted at some point to this sort of wrong-headed 'cringey' stuff (call it whatever you like) at some point. It's coming to the point where fans from different clubs won't even be able to take the piss out of each other any more...

What annoys me most is we know how loud and inclusive WLY has been in the past, if we had repeated that yesterday we would have out sang Palace at it.

Very pleased so many Palace fans had a good experience before and after the game (forgive me for not agreeing with thr 90 minutes on the pitch) as one of their fans said that's how it should be. Looking forward to the return game as we've been invited to one of their pubs.

Firstly, I would like to say what a great day I had yesterday and any Leicester fan I came across after the game were completely complementary and not confrontational, which was nice.

Here is my view on you singing ‘we love you’. Every club sings songs that other clubs also sing, so what’s so different about this song? We didn’t make it up so why have we become protective? We should be proud that we have made it a bit more popular. I think we became a bit more precious over it when Brighton tried to do a version last year which, quite honestly, was a joke and after we showed them how to do it we embarrassed them into giving it up. Although I think it’s wrong that Man United sing a version of our ‘pride of south London’ song, which I’d never heard anybody else sing until we played them last year.

It should be treated as a complement to our group of ‘ultras’, who were not universally loved at the start but have now become part of the fabric of Palace. They keep a good atmosphere even when we concede, which has happened a lot recently and this is something your fans could learn from as they went quiet yesterday.

But there will be no gloating from me as there is a long way to go and I fully expect you to be up there at the end of the season. I hope we are there with you and not some sell out Welsh club.

Enjoy :thumbup:

Well I do understand how upset people get when we lose. I feel ridiculously upset, especially if we lose at home. But...you have to force yourself to be rational and take a step back, or else you will be an emotional wreck due to going to a football match. I'm not going to do that to myself...anymore! ;)

I'm not sure WYS is capable of being the anthem you want it to be. I've never actually liked it that much. I suspect I'm not alone. As I've said before, it is too fast, it has too many words and it is difficult to join in with. I used to go in the Kop at Filbert Street and I tried to sing it but was too useless to. I bet I'm not the only person to think like this. If people like it and want to keep the tradition going then that is fine by me, but I suspect they are banging their heads against a brick wall hoping it will catch on in the way they want it to.

It is a shame the more traditional songs don't get more of a look in, although not at the expense of contemporary songs such as WLY. Palace were pretty impressive yesterday and I wonder whether we could learn anything from them. Their support yesterday wasn't spontaneous, they put effort into organising it. I wonder whether there is anything we could learn from them?

Although, one problem we have is the size of the stadium. L1 seems very distant from the Kop, it is almost like they exist in isolation within the same stadium. This could be why We Love You is so much more popular than WYS.

On another point, the song which really blows me away is Dale Calvese or whatever it is called. It sounds absolutely fantastic and fills the stadium with noise. It can also be sung continually as it does not have a natural end. But...I think it was a mistake to make it just about Ben Marshall. It means our best song (in my opinion) can only be rolled out if Ben Marshall is on the pitch.

I think it is much bigger than any one player.

The Ben Marshall song is a very funny one really, the Ben Marshall bit makes it kind of unique but something about it just doesn't sit right with me at all for some reason. Definitely gets us going though to our credit.

As for the OP, you definitely need to learn how to use better grammar but at the same time, some of our fans reactions were an embarrassment there, thanks for your compliments.

Dale Calvese has genuine potential to be our anthem I reckon...just lose the Ben Marshall.

It could be sung for 90 minutes non-stop and for me it is the best thing we sing. Even better, there are no words!

Nope, it's very much generic I'm afraid, plenty of the soccer AM like fanbases have caught onto it.

This is how it's done. Nothing in England sounds close.

Ignore what those shameful jokers behind the scenes do, they couldn't reflect any of our fans with common sense's view any less, they're shameful.

The Ben Marshall song is not the Dale Calvese. I don't know whether it was originally intended to be, it's certainly inspired by it, but it sounds absolutely nothing like it. It's out of tune, it's the wrong speed and it's essentially the wrong rhythm. Don't get me wrong, I'm actually quite glad, it gives it a vague spark of almost-originality, but Dale Calvese it ain't.

I know others have said it but we can't really be held accountable for the club's tacky marketing strategies. No Leicester fan thinks we "made" the song or that it's any kind of exclusive club anthem, it's just the board trying to bring in a bit of revenue off the kids in the family stand who like waving scarves.

What are the words for WYS? I've only ever heard the Jersey Budd version, and I can't make out half of the words. Perhaps if we had a thread/sticky where all the songs were written down with lyrics, people wouldn't be alienated because they don't know the words? ...I'm not suggesting karaoke style lyrics on the big screens. I know quite a few of the songs we sing away, but not some of the older ones as I was too young to catch the words when we were at Filbert Street.

When you're smilin' when you're smilin'

The whole world smiles with you

And when you're laughin' oh when you're laughin'

The sun comes shinin' through

But when you're cryin' you bring on the rain

So stop your sighin 'be happy again

When you're smilin', keep on smilin'

And the whole world smiles with you

When you're smilin' when you're smilin'

The whole world smiles with you

And when you're laughin' oh when you're laughin'

The sun comes shinin' through

But when you're cryin' you bring on the rain

So stop your sighin 'be happy again

When you're smilin', keep on smilin'

And the whole world smiles with you

:thumbup: Cheers Bilo!

I think what triggered this was the fact a few weeks ago your club announced that you made scarves with the word to the song on, "your"

song, there was no way yesterday you would beat us at singing it, enjoyed yesterday not just because of the result (90%of it maybe) but the pubs and the general warmth of

fans/police/stewards, I didnt see one pub with "home" fans only, which makes a pleasent day out and how it should be.

Local hero??

It would have been funny watching someone going into the old Kop and telling them they all looked really gay at the end of their rendition of WYS, I imagine it wouldn't have gone down well.

Why does everything that young lads don't like "look gay" seems they are trying to hard to be macho, don't worry lads bong gay is very trendy and acceptable, you can safely come out, thankful we embrace diversity nowadays.

as real as cancer of the face. picture a group of cockney men in red and blue stripes standing in a group, waving their hands in the air going "oooooooooooh". that's gayer than gayville tennessee.

What looks worse, a tight group of fans making noise for there team orrrrrr a silent, much larger, group of fans sitting/standing quietly, all scattered about?

It would have been funny watching someone going into the old Kop and telling them they all looked really gay at the end of their rendition of WYS, I imagine it wouldn't have gone down well.

Why does everything that young lads don't like "look gay" seems they are trying to hard to be macho, don't worry lads bong gay is very trendy and acceptable, you can safely come out, thankful we embrace diversity nowadays.

certain things do unfortunately look gay, even when it's unintentional. i would't tell two guys juiced up, covered in oil and wrestling in spandex that they're gay - but it's still homotastic.

i'll stand outside your house wearing a cheap polyester t-shirt and waving my hands in a jazz-like fashion over my head going "ohhh" and you can tell me i don't look at all gay?

What looks worse, a tight group of fans making noise for there team orrrrrr a silent, much larger, group of fans sitting/standing quietly, all scattered about?

i'm all for making a noise and supporting your team, i'm not even against jazz hands if you want to do it. i merely pointed out that, to me at least, it looked pretty gay.

Archived