Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

2013 in Music

Think a Canadian radio station has played it early. Was meant to premiere in full on Friday.

Yeah a Dutch radio station have done the same as well.

I like it, Niles Rodgers is really good and I like the way it segues into a more traditional Daft Punk vocoder sound.

Fall Out Boy released their new album - Save Rock and Roll. Brilliant. Brilliant. Their eponymous track, "Save Rock and Roll" [Feat Elton John] and "The Phoenix" are pure class.

Got bored halfway through.

I'm a little disappointed in Young Galaxy's newest effort. "Ultramarine" sounds too generic and poorly produced to me.

I miss more heart behind the new album, it feels tacky and soulless.

Bring back the Young Galaxy when they were playing real instruments.

Paramore's album has got a lot of plays since getting it on Saturday.

I wasn't too enthusiastic after giving a few songs a few listens. I'll need to give it another go as I've loved every effort so far.

You into/listened to Fall Out Boy's new album yet?

Edit: lol Just instantly saw that you replied to that somewhere in here.

Fall Out Boy released their new album - Save Rock and Roll. Brilliant. Brilliant. Their eponymous track, "Save Rock and Roll" [Feat Elton John] and "The Phoenix" are pure class.

I fvcking love some of the tracks. Others not so much.

The Phoenix is an absolute belter, that's getting rinsed to death.

My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark is also pretty decent

Absolutely loving Young Volcanoes and Alone Together

Rat A Tat is growing and I think it'll be one of my favourites soon.

Save Rock and Roll is top like you say.

No stand out from the rest in the middle of the album yet for me.

I fvcking love some of the tracks. Others not so much.

The Phoenix is an absolute belter, that's getting rinsed to death.

My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark is also pretty decent

Absolutely loving Young Volcanoes and Alone Together

Rat A Tat is growing and I think it'll be one of my favourites soon.

Save Rock and Roll is top like you say.

No stand out from the rest in the middle of the album yet for me.

Agreed. The middle is a bit average (I do like the one with Foxes though, who I think will be very big in the future), but the start and end of the album I love.

Looks like there is going to be a new Boards of Canada album after 8 years. Cannot wait.

They seem to be releasing 6, 6 digit numerical codes as "clues", although not sure what these clues will actually show. Maybe a release date or geographic co-ordinates to another clue, who knows....

:

Can follow the story of the codes here: http://2020k.wordpress.com/2013/04/20/boards-of-canada-distribute-new-vinyl-releases-out-for-national-records-day/

Whilst this may seem like pretentious wank, all you need to worry about is the fact that Boards of Canada are ****ing brilliant.

Looks like there is going to be a new Boards of Canada album after 8 years. Cannot wait.

They seem to be releasing 6, 6 digit numerical codes as "clues", although not sure what these clues will actually show. Maybe a release date or geographic co-ordinates to another clue, who knows....

:

Can follow the story of the codes here: http://2020k.wordpre...al-records-day/

Whilst this may seem like pretentious wank, all you need to worry about is the fact that Boards of Canada are ****ing brilliant.

Hope the album lives up to the hype!!

And not as bland as Twoism

:

Can follow the story of the codes here: http://2020k.wordpre...al-records-day/

Now available for pre order at bleep

https://bleep.com/bo...morrows-harvest

boards-of-canada_tomorrows-harvest-608x608.jpg

Hope the album lives up to the hype!!

And not as bland as Twoism

Do you mean Twoism? The Campfire Headphase was their last release, which admittedly was a slight change of direction. Still think it's a good album though...

Pre-ordered the vinyl..

Do you mean Twoism? The Campfire Headphase was their last release, which admittedly was a slight change of direction. Still think it's a good album though...

Pre-ordered the vinyl..

Yes

I liked campfire headphase

Archived