Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

2013 in Music

Fair enough, was just a little confused by the Twoism reference given that it is an EP from nearly 20 years ago and they have released plenty of great stuff since then.

The most recent 'thing' ------ / ------ / ------ / XXXXXX / ------ / ------ / is shit so I shall resist the album until I hear it. Much prefer Music Has A Right.

On another note, I have most recently been enjoying James Blake's latest long player along with Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats and am very much looking forward to hearing the new Primal Scream and Mount Kimbie (but I am told they sing!)

The most recent 'thing' ------ / ------ / ------ / XXXXXX / ------ / ------ / is shit so I shall resist the album until I hear it. Much prefer Music Has A Right.

Are you serious?

The "thing" you are referring to was one of the "clues" I spoke about a few posts ago regarding the new album release, not something to be taken at face value. I'd be hugely surprised if the musical element of that clue comprised any part of the new album/

And yet so valuable http://www.ebay.com/itm/Boards-of-Canada-RSD-Promo-Record-XXXXXX-/281100905866?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item4172eb6d8a

Are you serious?

The "thing" you are referring to was one of the "clues" I spoke about a few posts ago regarding the new album release, not something to be taken at face value. I'd be hugely surprised if the musical element of that clue comprised any part of the new album/

Behave

On another note, I have most recently been enjoying James Blake's latest long player along with Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats and am very much looking forward to hearing the new Primal Scream and Mount Kimbie (but I am told they sing!)

I've been enjoying James Blake too, but else 2013 has been pretty uninteresting so far. Looking forward to the debut of MØ later this year. She is quite hyped in Denmark with her sampled and electronic pop music with a beat. Also new single from Braids has intriqued me, probably because they sound a bit like Grimes. Still I really enjoyed their debut album from 2011, so fingers crossed for their new stuff.

MØ:

Braids:

I'm a little disappointed in Young Galaxy's newest effort. "Ultramarine" sounds too generic and poorly produced to me.

I miss more heart behind the new album, it feels tacky and soulless.

Bring back the Young Galaxy when they were playing real instruments.

I quite like Pretty Boy, but the rest is all a bit bland.

For any house lovers, 2013 is expected to be big, 2012 laid the foundations for a better 2013 which has lived up to expectations so far. The Miami season kicked off with some great tracks by some new upcoming DJs/producers and the Ibiza season is looking to better that!
Follow defected.com and get their podcasts on iTunes (for free)  :)

Leaked before the stream. I think its pretty underwhelming after my first few listens. Very dull in parts.

As are all Daft Punk albums.

Edit: Not saying I don't like Daft Punk I do.

It's just some of the album tracks are pretty dull..

Archived