Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

2013 in Music

Tape Deck Heart new album from Frank Turner :D love it

It isnt his best work by a long way but it is still impressive! 'keep england in my bones' was pretty much a perfect order and a very hard act to follow.

It isnt his best work by a long way but it is still impressive! 'keep england in my bones' was pretty much a perfect order and a very hard act to follow.

Loved "England Keep My Bones", just listened to his new album today. Will take a few listens. Only found out about Frank from the Olympic opening ceremony pre-show

Unearthed a hidden gem the other day (apologies to anyone who might have mentioned them, I missed it.) Fossil Collective. For anyone who likes Fleet Foxes, or Midlake or just good music.

Fantastic album.

Haven't been able to stop listening to 30 Seconds To Mars' new album, Love Lust Faith & Dreams.

Shoddy album title (not keen on the artwork either), but you begin to understand the music and lyrics more with each listen. Totally different from the 30 Seconds to Mars of old but they have become much more creative and deeper.

I'd recommend of City of Angels and Do Or Die. There are some songs which have their sound - Up In The Air, Conquistador and The Race are all the most upbeat songs.

Haven't been able to stop listening to 30 Seconds To Mars' new album, Love Lust Faith & Dreams.

Shoddy album title (not keen on the artwork either), but you begin to understand the music and lyrics more with each listen. Totally different from the 30 Seconds to Mars of old but they have become much more creative and deeper.

I'd recommend of City of Angels and Do Or Die. There are some songs which have their sound - Up In The Air, Conquistador and The Race are all the most upbeat songs.

Really like Bright Lights as well.

Epic album.

Daft Punk album is painfully boring to listen to in the most part. About 15/20 minutes are enjoyable. The other hour is poor.

Think I'll have to agree with this. Love Daft Punk but over half the album is just plain dull. Some of the songs like Lose Yourself to Dance I would quite like if it wasn't the same thing for 6 minutes straight.

I love Get Lucky and Doin it Right but Within is one of the worst songs I've ever heard by anybody - absolute ballsacks.

I came across this song in Italy last week. Unheard of in the UK but its awesome!

Emma Louise is a Melbourne girl, the song is a remix of one of her pretty popular songs 'Jungle'. She is pretty talented i saw her late 2011 do a cool accoustic gig

New NIN album THIS YEAR.

yesyesyeysyesyseysyedkjdb kjsdnv lnb

Oh excellent! What did you make of the How To Destroy Angels stuff?

Oh excellent! What did you make of the How To Destroy Angels stuff?

I didn't dislike it man, Ice Age was steady enough - appreciated how fantastic the production on the whole thing is - but there's something missing. Anything HTDA put out always seems to feel like it's accomodating Reznor's missus, if that makes sense. Like he'd gone through with the whole project to keep her sweet.

I bloody love his and Ross' scores to the Social Network and Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, though - mind blowingly gorgeous. If anything I'm just chuffed I'll actually be able to see NIN live before I die, looked a distant dream after this hiatus a few years back. If the album is as good as he's bigged it up to be it'll be stunning.

Just heard Deap Valley on Jools Holland, sounded quality. Album out June 24th. Never heard of them until tonight.

Deep vally are great, I know Jay on here's a big fan, not sure he posts much anymore though

Young Rival's newest album has already been released in their native Canada last year, but is now finally distributed in Europe by a Belgium label:

Young-Rival-Stay-Young-album-cover-300x3

It's absolutely great. Best indie rock album I've heard in a while.

I didn't dislike it man, Ice Age was steady enough - appreciated how fantastic the production on the whole thing is - but there's something missing. Anything HTDA put out always seems to feel like it's accomodating Reznor's missus, if that makes sense. Like he'd gone through with the whole project to keep her sweet.

I bloody love his and Ross' scores to the Social Network and Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, though - mind blowingly gorgeous. If anything I'm just chuffed I'll actually be able to see NIN live before I die, looked a distant dream after this hiatus a few years back. If the album is as good as he's bigged it up to be it'll be stunning.

Deep vally are great, I know Jay on here's a big fan, not sure he posts much anymore though

:wave:

Yeah been a Deap Vally fan for abut a year and seen them live a few times

Infact I was at one of the gigs where they filmed large parts of this video

In a Deap Vally style, saw these the other week The Bots I think they were 14 and 17 when they releases this

The Drummer now has the biggest afro ever

In shameless attempt at getting more than one person to look at my blog reviews of both are my blog!

First single

http://m.soundcloud.com/nineinchnails/came-back-haunted-2013

Liking it, plenty of electro beeping goodness.

Really, really love this. It's like he's stitched the best parts of Pretty Hate Machine and The Fragile/With Teeth together. The hook on it is bloody fantastic.

I thought The Slip was a little disappointing, felt like an album in transition almost - but this has given me such high hopes they'll (he'll) return to form for September.

Archived