Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

2013 in Music

Lowb - Leap and the net will appear

I think it was too easy to focus on Lou Rhodes voice alone when Lamb were doing stuff so it's nice to hear Andy Barlow doing stuff on his own so successfully.

Cracking album. Check it out

Looks like a vampire, zombie version of Ellie Goulding. 

I heard this really fucking weird song yesterday by Die Antwoord. Somehow I managed to listen to the whole thing despite the whiny, shrill, squeaky vocals. The song was called Cookie Thumper. 

Looks like a vampire, zombie version of Ellie Goulding. 

Do you know the feeling when every once in a while you come across an album of an artist you've never heard of before and it blows your mind because it's just so much fun listening to and because everything just... fits?

That's Heloise & The Savoir Faire to me.

Fvcking brilliant dance album ("Bottom To The Top" is the outstanding funk classic on it) - the best I've heard in years.

Do you know the feeling when every once in a while you come across an album of an artist you've never heard of before and it blows your mind because it's just so much fun listening to and because everything just... fits?

That's Heloise & The Savoir Faire to me.

Fvcking brilliant dance album ("Bottom To The Top" is the outstanding funk classic on it) - the best I've heard in years.

I do and I love the feeling. I was planning on giving it a listen soon; I was just commenting on the appearance of her!

I do and I love the feeling. I was planning on giving it a listen soon; I was just commenting on the appearance of her!

I know, I know. My comment wasn't meant to be a personal attack.:) I'm just glad that I got the album now - it's more than worth it, very well produced and it offers a diverse range of unique tracks.

• 2 weeks later...

Jay-Z's new album is a good one on first listen. Waited a while for this!

I like Part II (On The Run) and Holy Grail. I've only listened to the album in one go once or twice, so I'm sure I'll find others that stand out. It's alright, for now.

Yeah I liked the track with JT too. It all sounds quite nice on first go, gonna give it a few more tries to find a few more standouts like you say, and decide how good it is.

Archived