Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mack

The Club Shop

Just wondered what everyone's thoughts were on the club shop since it had it's re fit a couple of years back.

I wandered around in there the other day with my wife and son and despite my best efforts couldn't find anything worth buying.

The Puma training wear is way overpriced, especially given you can buy the exact same range in the same colours for half the price just without the LCFC crest.

So I looked at the nick-nacks and compared to a few years back they have gone right downhill, and there was a period where everything was plastered with King Power Stadium.

My son wanted a new winter hat but they had none for kids, my wife also wanted one but the only woman's were in pink so that was two more purchases lost.

No team poster, so my son was out of luck there, I couldn't find a decent polo shirt for myself so off we went having spent nothing.

I have to say that given the retail background of our CEO and owners I had expected much more, but then I thought about it and realized that tote bags, toiletry holders etc are exactly what you would expect in a duty free shop.

Like ScouseFox I think it looks pretty flash but I don't really take much notice of what is sold in there other than tickets. The service is better though.

I could have guessed stuff has become overpriced and covered with 'King Power'. They used to have some quite nice clothing items in there, some of which I bought as it was as good as some of the stuff you can get in town that costs over £50 just because it's designer.

I really like the training gear, but I'll just wait till the end of the season and pick it up when they inevitably reduce everything to a ridiculous level. I'll probably pick up this season's kits then too.

I agree mate, but imagine if the hoody was £30 rather than the £50. I'd buy one now rather than waiting.

I suppose they are hoping people will pay the over inflated price as they need items for Christmas presents.

I agree mate, but imagine if the hoody was £30 rather than the £50. I'd buy one now rather than waiting.

I suppose they are hoping people will pay the over inflated price as they need items for Christmas presents.

There must be enough idiots with money to burn stumping up their cash for the stuff in there. The main money spinner is obviously the shirts - they must sell enough of them to make a small fortune. If they sell, say, 20,000 at £50 over the course of a season that's £1,000,000 in the tills. Then there will be the kids who have to have all the training gear too... There's a fair few people out there with more money than sense.

Christmas Range Now Available

story3main.gif

With Christmas just seven weeks away, Leicester City are delighted to reveal their new products for Christmas 2012.

Available online at www.lcfcdirect.comand in person from the City Fanstore we have a wide range of products for you this Christmas.

We have 3 packs of Baubles, a Christmas Snowman, a Christmas Penguin, Stockings, Blue Santa Hats, Flashing Antlers and a Filbert Santa.

Get into the Christmas spirit early at LCFC by visiting the City Fanstore or by clicking here.

To view our entire range of official Leicester City merchandise please visit the City Fanstore in person or visit www.lcfcdirect.com.

3313l-1.jpg

3314l-1.jpg

3316l-1.jpg

3317l-1.jpg

No, no, no and no.

The baubles are acceptable and I can imagine the stockings being a good present receptacle for little foxes. Even Santa Filbert just about squeezes through as acceptable fayre, but those above are just tacky and nothing to do with the club.

Shirts aren't 50 sovs each are they indierich06? If so they are overpriced.

Also in a season I can't see them shifting 20,000. That is a lot.

Yes they are 50notes and 20000 isn't that many to shift remembet there will be a few 1000 who own all 3 so that chuck in 7 or 8k that buy just the home kit and you're over half way.

Shirts aren't 50 sovs each are they indierich06? If so they are overpriced.

Also in a season I can't see them shifting 20,000. That is a lot.

Yeah mate - £50! I think 20,000 is quite an optimistic figure too, but it was a nice round number to show just how much money they could make from City shirts. None of this includes shirt printing either, which a lot of people go in for.

Like Bayfox said - there'll be plenty of people who buy all or at least more than one of the kits, there's all the parents who will get them for the kids... I'd be really interested to see how many they sell over the course of a season. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was close to 20,000.

Fox Leisure was the most appalling, horribly made and tacky stuff going.

However, I defy anyone who wasn't over the moon with those trainers, pencil case & I still use my fox leisure mug every single day.

Plus the kit's were the best ones I've ever seen City play in.

Archived