Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Forest Post Match 2-2

Same old morons, moaning about the same things. We are looking stronger than ever, and even though the last 5 games we have been unlucky I still believe us to be strong enough to get promoted. Palace is the only game I feel we have been completely out-played.

Goal scoring is an issue, but seeing as we've only not scored in ONE game this season I really don't think that it is a fair assessment that it's all due to Waghorn. He proved on Saturday that he is getting into the right places at the right time, and if it wasn't for someones right foot being on the line at the right time, and a world class save from Camp - he'd have bagged and you'd all be getting Waghorn printed on your shirts, saying he's better than Beckford and he's our saviour.

I usually agree with your posts but 'same old morons'...?

Some of us feel Waggy won't score enough goals for the club to get us where we want to be.

If you don't agree, fine...

But no-ones calling YOU a moron for expressing your opinion.

I usually agree with your posts but 'same old morons'...?

Some of us feel Waggy won't score enough goals for the club to get us where we want to be.

If you don't agree, fine...

But no-ones calling YOU a moron for expressing your opinion.

Sorry mate, it was more aimed at seenitall. I understand that some people are unsure of Waghorn - and that's fine. But when people are using Beckford as an answer, that is where they start to sound a bit silly - Beckford don't wanna be here.

You're aren't included within "same old morons" as I find the majority of your posts are of substance and not just made up crap to back up a limp impression someone has of one of our players!

Sorry mate, it was more aimed at seenitall. I understand that some people are unsure of Waghorn - and that's fine. But when people are using Beckford as an answer, that is where they start to sound a bit silly - Beckford don't wanna be here.

You're aren't included within "same old morons" as I find the majority of your posts are of substance and not just made up crap to back up a limp impression someone has of one of our players!

Alright genius boy, he got his goals in the championship. Your education is paying dividends eh statto? Who gives a fvck. Waghorn is a reject from a Prem club(a crap one as well) that we overpaid for who couldnt hit a cows arse with a banjo. Sounds like Beckford except in the handful of opportunities he's been given in a cheaply put together side, he has scored three times and earnt them 6 points.

Stop being such a nasty little sh1t when you don't agree with someone, its a message board you little keyboard warrior, not a battle ground.

The idea that Beckford has failed wherever he has been is incorrect.

8 in 32 for us last season 8 in 32 for Everton in The Premier

25 in 42 in his last season at Leeds in Divisision 1

I've left out cup goals as apparently they don't count.

Not a great return when you consider what he is allegedly on but Waghorn doesn't look likely to get that.

The important question is WHY he doesn't want to be here?

The idea that Beckford has failed wherever he has been is incorrect.

8 in 32 for us last season

9 in 45 for us last year

8 in 32 for Everton in The Premier

25 in 42 in his last season at Leeds in Divisision 1

I've left out cup goals as apparently they don't count.

Not a great return when you consider what he is allegedly on but Waghorn doesn't look likely to get that.

Because he didn't like playing second fiddle to a non league player with a better scoring rate for us than him who also put in some team work?

Because the fans booed his piss poor effort?

Because he never wanted to leave Everton for us in the first place?

Because he thinks he should be automatically first choice for every single match, but doesn't want to work hard to get back into or stay in the team.

He started the season as first choice and played himself out of contention with some poor performances. I'm sure he's much happier at a club like Huddersfield where he's automatically picked for every game and everyone thinks he's top dog. I think we're better off without players like that at the club.

Then when you take into consideration the fact that he's only scored three so far this season - the same as a certain Jamie Vardy - how is he remotely better than any of our other options? Vardy and Nugent are certainly better IMO and I think once Waghorn gets a goal under his belt he'll start scoring more regularly - he's certainly created more chances over the last few matches than JB did while he was here.

Because he didn't like playing second fiddle to a non league player with a better scoring rate for us than him who also put in some team work?

Because the fans booed his piss poor effort?

Because he never wanted to leave Everton for us in the first place?

This

Because he thinks he should be automatically first choice for every single match, but doesn't want to work hard to get back into or stay in the team.

He started the season as first choice and played himself out of contention with some poor performances. I'm sure he's much happier at a club like Huddersfield where he's automatically picked for every game and everyone thinks he's top dog. I think we're better off without players like that at the club.

Then when you take into consideration the fact that he's only scored three so far this season - the same as a certain Jamie Vardy - how is he remotely better than any of our other options? Vardy and Nugent are certainly better IMO and I think once Waghorn gets a goal under his belt he'll start scoring more regularly - he's certainly created more chances over the last few matches than JB did while he was here.

and this

Yep not great but I feel as though Waggy will not be any better, nor Futacs or the other shit striker we have on the bench!!

The thing is Singh, my point of view is that they don't have to be massively better in terms of goals. If Vardy or Waghorn were to score only 8 league goals. But work for the team as they do, you might lose one goal from the team but gain so much more in other places.

I think it was the goal on Saturday that Waghorn chucked himself in and won the ball that lead to the goal. Would Beckford have put that extra effort in to win the ball? Maybe maybe not, but often he didn't look like he would do that kind of thing.

The thing with Beckford was that he league goal return was average and his work for the team was sub standard. If you are going to overlook someone not working for the team they need to be banging them in left right and centre. He just wasn't doing that though.

For all my critisism of Beckford I would have been happy if the manager gave him another crack. He didn't though and honestly we aren't missing him now matter what people think. We look so much better as a unit this year than last, and I'm sure him not being in it is a factor in that.

Alright genius boy, he got his goals in the championship. Your education is paying dividends eh statto? Who gives a fvck. Waghorn is a reject from a Prem club(a crap one as well) that we overpaid for who couldnt hit a cows arse with a banjo. Sounds like Beckford except in the handful of opportunities he's been given in a cheaply put together side, he has scored three times and earnt them 6 points.

Stop being such a nasty little sh1t when you don't agree with someone, its a message board you little keyboard warrior, not a battle ground.

I wouldn't consider myself being a "nasty little shit" at all. I just do not agree with slating our players. I don't consider myself a statto, but I feel I give a consistent and fair opinion on all our players, without singling any specific player out. Win as a team, lose as a team. What really winds me up, is a select few, you included on here - who seem to enjoy picking on a few players whenever we lose.

You tried to do it with Pearson, singling him out at the start of the season after 2 or 3 bad results, and now you're trying to use Waghorn as some sort of vehicle for your frustration when we lose. Which isn't fair, as he had a great deal to do with the first goal and other chances we carved out.

Also, how is Beckford NOT a reject from a Premiership club? They didn't want him, so he's a reject. Fee's are about the same I would assume too. Waghorn has age on his side, Beckford, should be consistent at his age - and should be able to use his experience to good use.

If Beckford don't wanna be here, I really couldn't care less how many goals he scores, and how many points he wins for other teams - so long as our own team is winning, which at the moment - we aren't doing too badly.

Just watched the highlights - couldn't really see Waggy's efforts on Saturday as I was down the other end of the East Stand - an absolutely brilliant save and an unbelievable clearance off the line have cost him two goals. Provided contuinues in this vein of form, I've absolutely no doubt he'll be back among the goals very soon.

I wouldn't consider myself being a "nasty little shit" at all. I just do not agree with slating our players. I don't consider myself a statto, but I feel I give a consistent and fair opinion on all our players, without singling any specific player out. Win as a team, lose as a team. What really winds me up, is a select few, you included on here - who seem to enjoy picking on a few players whenever we lose.

You tried to do it with Pearson, singling him out at the start of the season after 2 or 3 bad results, and now you're trying to use Waghorn as some sort of vehicle for your frustration when we lose. Which isn't fair, as he had a great deal to do with the first goal and other chances we carved out.

Also, how is Beckford NOT a reject from a Premiership club? They didn't want him, so he's a reject. Fee's are about the same I would assume too. Waghorn has age on his side, Beckford, should be consistent at his age - and should be able to use his experience to good use.

If Beckford don't wanna be here, I really couldn't care less how many goals he scores, and how many points he wins for other teams - so long as our own team is winning, which at the moment - we aren't doing too badly.

You've got more chance of getting a blowjob from the pope than you have of getting any sense out of him, I wouldn't bother if I were you mate.

One win in 6 is not too badly I suppose

The thing is Singh, my point of view is that they don't have to be massively better in terms of goals. If Vardy or Waghorn were to score only 8 league goals. But work for the team as they do, you might lose one goal from the team but gain so much more in other places.

I think it was the goal on Saturday that Waghorn chucked himself in and won the ball that lead to the goal. Would Beckford have put that extra effort in to win the ball? Maybe maybe not, but often he didn't look like he would do that kind of thing.

The thing with Beckford was that he league goal return was average and his work for the team was sub standard. If you are going to overlook someone not working for the team they need to be banging them in left right and centre. He just wasn't doing that though.

For all my critisism of Beckford I would have been happy if the manager gave him another crack. He didn't though and honestly we aren't missing him now matter what people think. We look so much better as a unit this year than last, and I'm sure him not being in it is a factor in that.

I just want my team to win games, and at this moment and time, we struggle score, we've lacked that deadly striker since 'rooster' russell, god how i miss him!!

Archived