Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
adamrwood

Pearson bad man-management skills?

So your proof is players who a) said they wanted to leave in the press before Pearson even arrived

I don't remember Fernandes saying that. I do remember Pearson not playing him for about a month leading up to Fernandes asking for his loan to be cancelled.

It's hard to criticise a manager on the back of two wins even if they were against relegation fodder, but I still have my concerns about the narrow scope of players that Pearson can/will work with. I can see Knocky being the next to get frozen out for instance. I can see Nugent getting frozen out. Essentially I am always concerned that every time we have a very good player Pearson will axe them so they don't become bigger than he is.

I don't remember Fernandes saying that. I do remember Pearson not playing him for about a month leading up to Fernandes asking for his loan to be cancelled.

It's hard to criticise a manager on the back of two wins even if they were against relegation fodder, but I still have my concerns about the narrow scope of players that Pearson can/will work with. I can see Knocky being the next to get frozen out for instance. I can see Nugent getting frozen out. Essentially I am always concerned that every time we have a very good player Pearson will axe them so they don't become bigger than he is.

I remember Pearson not playing Fernandes as he'd made it clear that he didn't want to stay at the club once Sven got the push. To be fair he played him in the u-21's to give him some exposure to secure a contract elsewhere which was in both parties interests. Good man-management if you ask me. Same goes for Mills (good business), Abe, Peltier, Beckford, Danns etc etc. Don't think he's put a foot wrong to be honest.

I don't understand all this 'frozen out' stuff. Seems to have become the Pearson haters buzz phrase. It's all a tad boring now, to be honest. Pearson is clearly a team builder with the emphasis on spirit and camaraderie and if it means freezing out certain players to achieve that then so be it.

Has this ever happened? I mean, ever? Mills was shit, and it was Sven who dropped him. Both Nuge and Beckford were dropped early this season. One fought for his place, one sulked. No-one left because they were 'very good' players-for the very good reason that NP never dropped players playing 'very well'. Knocky will be better playing in a team built around good players, on form, where he's only guaranteed a place when he's playing well. And he'll be great, no question, as long as he wants to be.

IF, and this is a hypothetical situation that I'm not suggesting has or will happen, he thinks all he has to do is turn up, he'll be dropped. If he doesn't improve, like any other player, he won't be picked. If this counts as frozen out, then fine by me-it's worked so far...

If you think for a second that NP would drop a player who was playing too well, you're an idiot, and that's not opinion, that's fact...

Well he did, it's in black and white in the foreign press. Said he only came as a favour to Sven, didn't want to be here now he had gone and would be looking to move. Also slated the club. This was a week before Pearson became manager.... yeah wonder why he didn't fancy playing him :rolleyes:

What is this narrow scope of players? These players were bang average for us and we could only dream of 3rd with them in the team under Sven or Pearson. So that tells you more about those players than it does who Pearson can or cannot work with.

As for Knockaert or Nugent being frozen out I seriously have no idea what you are talking about, it's one of the most ludicrous attempts at Pearson bashing I have seen on here.

There has always been some selective memory when it comes to np and big name players.

Now lets get one thing straight the biggest names to have signed for this club are David Nugent and Paul Konchesky, numerous premiership appearances and a couple of England caps between them.

Beckford comes in behind them and np got more out of him than Sven.

Mills, Peltier, Bamba, Danns, Abe, Campbell, Gradel were not big name players, they were average players with average backgrounds and reputation.

They were not good enough for us/didn't want to be here so were shipped out.

The idea that these players are big players and big egos and NP doesn't know how to handle these marginally talented players is laughable. He has replaced them with cheaper, better, younger players who already have the right attitude.

There has always been some selective memory when it comes to np and big name players.

Now lets get one thing straight the biggest names to have signed for this club are David Nugent and Paul Konchesky, numerous premiership appearances and a couple of England caps between them.

Beckford comes in behind them and np got more out of him than Sven.

Mills, Peltier, Bamba, Danns, Abe, Campbell, Gradel were not big name players, they were average players with average backgrounds and reputation.

They were not good enough for us/didn't want to be here so were shipped out.

The idea that there players are big players and big egos and NP doesn't know how to handle these marginally talented players is laughable. He has replaced them with cheaper, better, younger players who already have the right attitude.

Exactly

Dropping Knockaert is like Gradel all over again!!!

You mean he will help us to promotion and then find he is not good enough to deserve a starting place in a successful team that go on to finish 5th in their first season in the higher league.

Oh dear god no!! I hope that doesn't happen.

You mean he will help us to promotion and then find he is not good enough to deserve a starting place in a successful team that go on to finish 5th in their first season in the higher league.

Oh dear god no!! I hope that doesn't happen.

Did we find that out in Gradel's 0 minutes of Championship football?

I find it hard to believe that Gradel was solely a decision based on whether or not he was good enough. I think more could be read into the fact that he was obviously capable (as we saw with Leeds on the final day of that season) of losing his head at crucial moments.

Did we find that out in Gradel's 0 minutes of Championship football?

If only Pearson had some other way of watching his team and assessing their ability and mental and physical condition.

He didn't play a single minute of championship football because he didn't deserve it/earn it/others were playing better.

If only Pearson had some other way of watching his team and assessing their ability and mental and physical condition.

He didn't play a single minute of championship football because he didn't deserve it/earn it/others were playing better.

Of course Pearson saw more than us, but I think it's a bit unfair to say he didn't deserve it or wasn't good enough at the time when we didn't see him play any Championship football and you have no idea what the reason was for his loan. There are any number of reasons that he might not have been starting games other than 'he wasn't good enough'.

Maybe Pearson did make a mistake in not playing Gradel. Even then, every manager makes mistakes, and better managers have made far worse - Wenger didn't sign Ibrahimovic, Ferguson turned down Joe Hart for peanuts.

It's easy to judge these things in hindsight, but reality is slightly different.

Of course Pearson saw more than us, but I think it's a bit unfair to say he didn't deserve it or wasn't good enough at the time when we didn't see him play any Championship football and you have no idea what the reason was for his loan. There are any number of reasons that he might not have been starting games other than 'he wasn't good enough'.

I was a big fan of Max, really wanted him to succeed here, but he didn't for whatever reason, the main one being though is that he wasn't good enough at that time. It was a risk to send him on loan as there was always the chance he would be happier at Leeds getting first team football. Pearson stated he didn't want to sell him, but Max wanted to go.

We were doing pretty well without him and he was enjoying his spell at Leeds. I don't see anything untoward underhand or sinister about it all. Young talented footballer fails to make the grade at a football club, it is not a new phenomenon.

I was a big fan of Max, really wanted him to succeed here, but he didn't for whatever reason, the main one being though is that he wasn't good enough at that time. It was a risk to send him on loan as there was always the chance he would be happier at Leeds getting first team football. Pearson stated he didn't want to sell him, but Max wanted to go.

We were doing pretty well without him and he was enjoying his spell at Leeds. I don't see anything untoward underhand or sinister about it all. Young talented footballer fails to make the grade at a football club, it is not a new phenomenon.

Not saying there was anything underhand or sinister about it and given that we finished 5th and did as well as we did I too am inclined to believe that Pearson made the right decision. Just think it's unfair to say he wasn't good enough without having seen him play at this level or knowing the full circumstances for him leaving the club.

Not saying there was anything underhand or sinister about it and given that we finished 5th and did as well as we did I too am inclined to believe that Pearson made the right decision. Just think it's unfair to say he wasn't good enough without having seen him play at this level or knowing the full circumstances for him leaving the club.

Well I can't say either way as I didn't see him play for us at that level.

But I'm happy to trust Pearson's judgement

Here we go again, Pearson has rebuilt the squad and we are doing very nice, and what do we get, same old, same old. Gradel was not good enough so went out on loan to give him the first team football, Mandy then sells him and all we have hear is it was Pearsons fault. FFS give it a rest

Would u like to buy a shirt with his name on ?

:banghead:

I dont think he thought Gradel wasnt good enough or why would he have wanted to keep him? I think it was more the case that having been promoted, we needed to be solid and establish ourselves in the league. This required more physicality which Gradel couldnt at the time provide. It was Gradel that wanted to go out on loan to play first team and unfortunately for us, it worked out well for him.

There was nobody at the club that wanted to see him go (even NP) but when a player wants to leave, you let him leave. If after the first loan spell ended we were doing shit, he probably would have come back into the team.

Archived