Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
adamrwood

Pearson bad man-management skills?

So, after another win and a showing of great team spirit and togetherness not seen since Pearson was last here, does anyone think Pearson's getting rid of bad eggs such as Beckford, Mills et al still means he has bad man-management skills? I never doubted that Pearson getting rid of these players was because they didn't contribute positively towards the team spirit. Though I know many others thought otherwise. That Pearson couldn't handle big names etc. I even think the team spirit is as good now as, dare I say it, the O'Neil era! Many others have also said Pearson won't do well in thec Premiership and he hasn't brought the right players in for that league. These players are still young and are going to improve their form and team spirit further and we are already the best team in this league, even if the table doesn't currently show it! With a couple of quality additions in the summer I think we have the potential to make a mid table position in the prem next season! Remember where you heard it first!

I don't know where the idea came from that Pearson can't handle big names. Lest not forget we currently have kasper, Nuge and konchesky. All of which I'd consider quite 'big' names.

Pearsons recruitment goes way beyond just talent, the personality of the player is just as important. Players must put in a shift, we play as a team and not just as individuals!

I'm glad there are others who think the same as me, however many times through these forums there have been people doubting pearsons ability to deal with big money players. Would be interesting to see if any of them have changed their tune or if they want to be where we were this time last year with bad team morale and below average performances week in week out!

Some people don't like Pearson. Personally I don't understand why but they have clung onto this 'bad man-management' nonsense in a desperate attempt to discredit him and get others on board. For example, many said that Beckford should never play for us again after last seasons Peterborough match but then used it to attack Pearson when he loaned him out. Same for Mills. The Pearson haters were, as far as I could tell, always in the minority but were vociferous nonetheless. Some have now been won over, some have gone quiet but will come out of the woodwork at the first opportunity to spin against Pearson. Takes all sorts, I suppose.

Fernandez, Gradel?

Fernandes was only hear for Sven who often rotated him out the team, transfer request went in the second he was sacked & that was that.

Gradel - People seem to have a warped view, he was a talent but he had a lot of growing to do & wasn't actually 'all that' but for some reason thought he should be first name on the team sheet & was quite disruptive about it. He was allowed to leave on condition it wasn't to a rival but Manderic/Hoos went behind his back & sold him Leeds, a rival, who were happy to let him pick their team & play him every week.

Interesting thread. You make it sound like a strong correlation between man-management and our current league position. You might be right - who knows ?! Many people wondered about his ability to get the best out of the players at his disposal - myself included around the time of the Mills debacle. He seems to be getting the best out of what's available to him now and I, like any other genuine supporter of the club, (distinct from supporter of individuals), will surely be delighted with that. How much of that is down to his man-management skills ? Again, who knows ! How much does being in a winning team, rather than a disappointing team affect things ? Who knows ! But like all managers, he lives and dies by his results. ATM, he's doing brilliantly and I could not be happier for an honest, decent and hugely likeable bloke. Good on him !

Fernandes was only hear for Sven who often rotated him out the team, transfer request went in the second he was sacked & that was that.

Gradel - People seem to have a warped view, he was a talent but he had a lot of growing to do & wasn't actually 'all that' but for some reason thought he should be first name on the team sheet & was quite disruptive about it. He was allowed to leave on condition it wasn't to a rival but Manderic/Hoos went behind his back & sold him Leeds, a rival, who were happy to let him pick their team & play him every week.

He is still the most talented player I've ever seen live when he was playing for Bournemouth.

I think the reason he left was that his mum and aunt died in the space of a few months and he obviously needed to be playing football to help focus his mind on something else. Plus, if you were at the Southend game when we got promoted, you would know that he loved playing here. Never seen a player as happy as him after the final whilstle. Really don't think he has an attitude problem at all except that he is quite fiery on the pitch.

Back to Pearson; He is a top, top manager and with him in charge and the Thai's backing, we can go a long way

OS

City manager Nigel Pearson paid tribute to the togetherness of his squad, after the Foxes moved up to third in the npower Championship with a 2-0 win at Sheffield Wednesday.

A first goal of the season for Danny Drinkwater and a fine strike from Ben Marshall towards the end of a contest City generally bossed made it back-to-back wins for Pearson’s men, who are now unbeaten in four.

It was a pleasing afternoon for the Foxes boss on his return to a ground he graced for seven years as a player, but he deflected praise onto players, whose collective performances continue to make them a force in the division.

“I thought the side that went out there today did a really good job and it’s about a group ethic if you’re going to get any success in this division.

“The team ethic is crucial because how can you discuss the merits and abilities of players if they’re not together as a group? You don’t have a chance of playing at your best.

“I like the fact that they’re together and that gives us the foundation to get performances like we had today.

“It wasn’t an overly sparking performance, but it was thoroughly professional. I thought we played some really good football at times, but we did the job we had to do.”

Drinkwater’s first goal of the campaign was a just reward for one of City’s most consistent performers so far this season, while Marshall, another back at his former club, responded perfectly to his reintroduction to the starting eleven.

“Danny works hard at his game and sometimes beats himself up too much,” Pearson said of his opening goalscorer.

“His overall contribution alongside Andy King in the middle of the pitch was very good and for him to get a goal is great.

“Marshy is very well liked and very well respected here. He took his goal exceptionally well and we’ve got goals throughout the team at the moment.

“The most important element today was winning game and, while I wouldn’t say we were comfortable, it was well deserved.”

It is not big names but ego that he has a problem with. If we go up it is something that most big players have these days. It is certainly something he will need to get to grips with as we will need better players than we have in quite a few positions if we do go up...

It is not big names but ego that he has a problem with. If we go up it is something that most big players have these days. It is certainly something he will need to get to grips with as we will need better players than we have in quite a few positions if we do go up...

I don't think that's true unless you mean "very big players" and not just well known / PL players.

There are over 250 regular starters in the PL and most of them just get on with the job they are paid to do with no fuss. I'm sure should we get promoted and Pearson is still the manager he'll be able to recruit some of those.

Good players and egos do not go exclusively hand in hand.

Secondly, even if someone had an ego I get the feeling if they work hard for the team and are decent players (knockaert) it won't matter to him. What matters is people who are poor/average players, people who don't work for the team, don't really want to be here and have poor attitude.

Good players and egos do not go exclusively hand in hand.

Secondly, even if someone had an ego I get the feeling if they work hard for the team and are decent players (knockaert) it won't matter to him. What matters is people who are poor/average players, people who don't work for the team, don't really want to be here and have poor attitude.

They say that players in the PL have better attitudes to the game because players below think they're better than what they actually are.

So, after another win and a showing of great team spirit and togetherness not seen since Pearson was last here, does anyone think Pearson's getting rid of bad eggs such as Beckford, Mills et al still means he has bad man-management skills? I never doubted that Pearson getting rid of these players was because they didn't contribute positively towards the team spirit. Though I know many others thought otherwise. That Pearson couldn't handle big names etc. I even think the team spirit is as good now as, dare I say it, the O'Neil era! Many others have also said Pearson won't do well in thec Premiership and he hasn't brought the right players in for that league. These players are still young and are going to improve their form and team spirit further and we are already the best team in this league, even if the table doesn't currently show it! With a couple of quality additions in the summer I think we have the potential to make a mid table position in the prem next season! Remember where you heard it first!

I would LOVE to see who Shakey, Walsh and NP bring in if they get the Premier League as an extra lure to entice talent. Their hit ratio has been excellent, and it would be fantastic to see them on the biggest stage...

Archived