Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

City CEO Named Businesswoman of the Year

It's not a job, they can't quit, they can stop pumping money, but they can't demand back the loan as they would be demanding it back off themselves. The only thing they could do is sell up, but they would need a buyer, or run the club into administration, where they would lose a hell of a lot of money and face a winding up order and it would have a knock on effect on their other business interests and damage their reputation.

If they sell up, then so be it that is their right, but if they do sell up then they will want us to be in the best position possible to get the most money from the sale.

I just don't understand this fear that a) they are going to get bored and run the club into the ground and b) that they actually can.

There are regulations in place in business and in football, and it is getting harder to dangerously mismanage a club.

Tell that to the numerous clubs that have been run into the ground by foreign owners both here and all over Europe.

The debt they have run up in our name is part investment and part loan. So they'd only have to obtain a new investor to cover the debt to move on. The loan part could remain.

I am not for a minute suggesting this is likely.

I was merely pointing out that under the CEO's tenure we have been put in very large debt, and we will soon fall foul of Football Fair Play fines amounting to millions if we dont get promoted or get our house in order.

It's hardly businesswoman of the year stuff is it?

Prices will always be high unless the club is planning on extending the stadium should we establish ourselves in the prem again and then allow affordable pricing we shall see I guess. changes their attitude, starts giving a shit what the fans think and actually starts having interest in anything football related rather than money

Couldn't agree more.

Archived